LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 452 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Dont know if it means anything, but Eric Davis on ESPNNEws saying Sing's job is in trouble..........

lol not his fault smith got injured.

not. should have never started A.Davis!!! cost us the game!
Dont know if it means anything, but Eric Davis on ESPNNEws saying Sing's job is in trouble..........

Either something is brewing or he is just stating what is painfully obvious. Hopefully it is the former.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by BHulman:

Either something is brewing or he is just stating what is painfully obvious. Hopefully it is the former.

Yeah........I hope Jed pulls the plug on this one, but I think he'll wait until after the bye. Isnt the team flying out to London straight from Carolina ?

I don't think he gets fired this week, not with the team heading straight to London.

Yeah........I hope Jed pulls the plug on this one, but I think he'll wait until after the bye. Isnt the team flying out to London straight from Carolina ?

I hope Sing flys back to Santa Clara with Alex.
Even if you fire him right now, who do you replace him with? Would Gruden leave ESPN, would Cowher leave CBS? I am afraid we are stuck with Singletary for the season unless you make one of the Coordinators the interim HC?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
We any smith

we wouldve won if smith was still in the game

oh ya chief sunswell zrf and fly gtfo for cheering alex's injury

Nobody "cheered" his injury. The guy has been part of this team's downfall. Regardless of where you place him on the list (I list him number 1, you list him lower), no one will argue that he is not part of the problem. Parts of the problem need to be eliminated from this team. It's obvious that Sing has no plans to change course with this team. He's willing to take the entire roster down with him. Smith's injury may be a "blessing in disguise". Need because he got injured, but rather than Sing will NOW be forced to make some changes. Putting in a new QB means tweaking the playbook somewhat to that QB's strength. Clearly, whatever plan SIng had for Smith DID NOT WORK. If you guys cant see this, then I feel sorry for you.

But please, dont make blatant comments that people that dont support SMith were ccheering his injury. No one wants players to get hurt. We were cheering the circumstance that Sing was forced into......thats all.

I would argue against Alex being the problem. And so would Gore VD and the rest of the offense. The first drive looked damn good, but I bet Alex gets no credit for that from you. The offense was again littered with penalties and poor routes, and then you ask Alex to cover their mistakes. Alex is the glue holding us together as a semi-functioning offensive team, with Carr we are in complete disarray.

So Ill assume you were in the We Want Carr bandwagon, just by your banter. And with the venom some of you fans have towards Alex, it wouldnt be surprising if some of you cheered for Alex gong down, whether you'd admit it or not. So youre happy he had to come out, but not that he got hurt? I guess thats reasonable, but you deserve to suffer through every second your boy Carr is in there. Then you'll see just how much Smith contributes to this team.
Originally posted by ozanter:

I hope Sing flys back to Santa Clara with Alex.

Cosigned. BTW when was ED on ESPNNews? I just turned it there. Will he be on again? Please tell me we can fire Sing. And I actually know it would fail, but lets bring in a coach from outside the organization to be the HC. f**k Manusky and MIke Johnson!!!
  • 8to80
Penalties, terrible offensive line, bad & terrible QB play, bad pass coverage. That's what happened in this game, and all this season (although we actually won the turnover battle, but still lost). I have actually given up all hope for this season. But, I am always trying to think positively. We will still have our most talented players plus we will have high draft picks for our new head coach to utilize. Even if we had won all four of our close games (5-2) and made it to the playoffs, we would have most likely been eliminated in the first round.

But, the best thing to think of in times like these are the days we didn't even have any chance to win. Watching us during those those seasons was much more unbearable than watching us now. I was suffering from chronic depression from 2004-2007, and neighbors would complain about loud sobbing every Sunday night (sometimes Monday & Thursday).

[ Edited by 8to80 on Oct 24, 2010 at 14:38:43 ]
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
Even if you fire him right now, who do you replace him with? Would Gruden leave ESPN, would Cowher leave CBS? I am afraid we are stuck with Singletary for the season unless you make one of the Coordinators the interim HC?

Any one of them.

They cant do any worse we are 1-6 and should be 0-7

Sing is hindering this team BIG time

• ZRF80
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
We any smith

we wouldve won if smith was still in the game

oh ya chief sunswell zrf and fly gtfo for cheering alex's injury

Nobody "cheered" his injury. The guy has been part of this team's downfall. Regardless of where you place him on the list (I list him number 1, you list him lower), no one will argue that he is not part of the problem. Parts of the problem need to be eliminated from this team. It's obvious that Sing has no plans to change course with this team. He's willing to take the entire roster down with him. Smith's injury may be a "blessing in disguise". Need because he got injured, but rather than Sing will NOW be forced to make some changes. Putting in a new QB means tweaking the playbook somewhat to that QB's strength. Clearly, whatever plan SIng had for Smith DID NOT WORK. If you guys cant see this, then I feel sorry for you.

But please, dont make blatant comments that people that dont support SMith were ccheering his injury. No one wants players to get hurt. We were cheering the circumstance that Sing was forced into......thats all.

I would argue against Alex being the problem. And so would Gore VD and the rest of the offense. The first drive looked damn good, but I bet Alex gets no credit for that from you. The offense was again littered with penalties and poor routes, and then you ask Alex to cover their mistakes. Alex is the glue holding us together as a semi-functioning offensive team, with Carr we are in complete disarray.

So Ill assume you were in the We Want Carr bandwagon, just by your banter. And with the venom some of you fans have towards Alex, it wouldnt be surprising if some of you cheered for Alex gong down, whether you'd admit it or not. So youre happy he had to come out, but not that he got hurt? I guess thats reasonable, but you deserve to suffer through every second your boy Carr is in there. Then you'll see just how much Smith contributes to this team.

It's called being INCONSISTENT. Alex pulls off a great opening drive, then disappears for the rest of the half. This is the story of his career. Did the team make mistakes ? Yes. But good QBs can overcome at least SOME of those mistakes. Whenever we have a penalty, the drive is automatically stalled. Smith never pulls us out of 2nd/3rd and deep situation.

As for today, he was under pressure a few times, but he also had good coverage from the line as well. A couple time he ran OUT of the pocket just for the hell of it. Same roll out passes out of bounds. Same checkdowns without looking for a deep receivers........same 3-and-out drives.

You guys are basing your support of him today solely on Carr's play. Alex did nothing for us in the first hald aside from the opening drive. Stop blaming the receivers/oline, when in reality, it's not always the case.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Any one of them.

They cant do any worse we are 1-6 and should be 0-7

Sing is hindering this team BIG time

Not supporting Sing here, but... be careful what you wish for.

Just ask the fans chanting for Carr.
man, i didn't get to see the second half but kinda of glad I missed it...This is like 07 all over again....but with better players and worse coaching.

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Oct 24, 2010 at 14:39:25 ]

he hasn't gotten on the plane yet......
With the Broncos stinking up the joint, do you think London with tell the NFL, "Thanks, but no thanks" and send the two teams back???

I'll still root for this team to win everygame, but Singletary cannot come back next year.
Share 49ersWebzone