There are 707 users in the forums
NO MA'AM
Shop Find 49ers gear online
NO MA'AM
Oct 6, 2010 at 5:07 PM
- BleedRandG
- Veteran
- Posts: 312
I dont want to see him in a niner uniform after the season is over if he does not lead us to the playoffs
Oct 6, 2010 at 5:26 PM
- SoCal9ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,909
Oct 7, 2010 at 6:19 AM
- redmanc07
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,349
Originally posted by billbird2111:Originally posted by Memphis9er:Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Unfortunately he is really all we have, replacing him with any of the other QB's would be like slapping a band aid on a severed limb.
agree. which really sucks. If N.Davis were on teh active roster, I'd be all for giving him a shot. But he's not, so i'd rather have Smith in there.
Davis is even worse man, I do not know where people get the idea he is anything but an uninspired underachiever that doesn't care enough to put in the work it takes to be an NFL QB.
According to who? Dingleberry? Didn't he also tell us that Smith was "going to deliver?" At this point -- I'd rather see a dumbed down Nate Davis -- provided that report was true to begin with -- than yet another uninspiring performance and hang-dog-look-on-the-sideline from Alex Smith.
Well he did clear waivers so its not like he impressed anyone else either
Oct 7, 2010 at 6:42 AM
- 49ermark
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,935
I hate the "he's all we have argument" it's another cop out and excuse to have this failure keep losing us games...
David Carr would be better at this point.
David Carr would be better at this point.
Oct 7, 2010 at 6:43 AM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
I chose none of the above. I dont want us to make a switch until we are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs. Carr has proven longer than Smith that he sucks and I dont know much about T.Smith.
Oct 7, 2010 at 7:57 AM
- 49erFaithful6
- Veteran
- Posts: 40,511
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Greatest. Thread. Ever.
LOL'd hardcore at the pic.
Thanks OP
Oct 7, 2010 at 8:48 AM
- TheCatch
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,544
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I chose none of the above. I dont want us to make a switch until we are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs. Carr has proven longer than Smith that he sucks and I dont know much about T.Smith.
Why in the hell did we have to get him anyway. Havent we seen enough futility at QB. Or was it another move to bolster Alex's confidence. IF Sing was smart, and did give a s**t about offense McNabb should have been ours. We might be 2-2 at this point.
Oct 7, 2010 at 8:49 AM
- SybErkRimInAL
- Veteran
- Posts: 59,185
Originally posted by TheCatch:Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I chose none of the above. I dont want us to make a switch until we are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs. Carr has proven longer than Smith that he sucks and I dont know much about T.Smith.
Why in the hell did we have to get him anyway. Havent we seen enough futility at QB. Or was it another move to bolster Alex's confidence. IF Sing was smart, and did give a s**t about offense McNabb should have been ours. We might be 2-2 at this point.
I think we'd be 3-1 at worst.
Oct 7, 2010 at 9:33 AM
- ads_2006
- Veteran
- Posts: 64,529
count me in
NO MA'AM
NO MA'AM
Oct 7, 2010 at 9:42 AM
- malcolmx
- Member
- Posts: 48
How do the moderators allow this Judas type of behavior?
Oct 7, 2010 at 9:44 AM
- HessianDud
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,995
I'm against a Mediocracy, but I'm not against Alex Smith. I think he has much a chance as anyone on the team of turning it around and getting this team going in the right direction, but i agree that he should not be invincible from being pulled from games if he's stinking it up.
Oct 7, 2010 at 9:46 AM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
Originally posted by TheCatch:Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I chose none of the above. I dont want us to make a switch until we are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs. Carr has proven longer than Smith that he sucks and I dont know much about T.Smith.
Why in the hell did we have to get him anyway. Havent we seen enough futility at QB. Or was it another move to bolster Alex's confidence. IF Sing was smart, and did give a s**t about offense McNabb should have been ours. We might be 2-2 at this point.
I really wanted McNabb bad, but being a East Coast player I dont think it was clear we could get him anyway. Obviously, Vick would of been a great pic up, but it could of been a deal killing PR move, especially for a team looking to build a stadium.
As much as I hate to admit it, I kind of understand why we rolled the dice on Smith as an all or nothing situation.
IMO, if Smith doesn't take us to the play offs (yes I know there are other factors for our failure) there is no question in my mind he is gone. I am kind of happy about the fact that at least will be able to move forward one way or another after this season.
Oct 7, 2010 at 9:48 AM
- rigs49
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,421
This is super funny.
Oct 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM
- ads_2006
- Veteran
- Posts: 64,529
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I'm against a Mediocracy, but I'm not against Alex Smith. I think he has much a chance as anyone on the team of turning it around and getting this team going in the right direction, but i agree that he should not be invincible from being pulled from games if he's stinking it up.
I;d understand that if it was his 2nd or 3rd year
But its his 6th. I used to say its because of the revolving door at the OC position that held him back.
However, his inability to throw accurate passes can be observed throughout his entire career.
Oct 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:Originally posted by TheCatch:Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I chose none of the above. I dont want us to make a switch until we are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs. Carr has proven longer than Smith that he sucks and I dont know much about T.Smith.
Why in the hell did we have to get him anyway. Havent we seen enough futility at QB. Or was it another move to bolster Alex's confidence. IF Sing was smart, and did give a s**t about offense McNabb should have been ours. We might be 2-2 at this point.
I think we'd be 3-1 at worst.
3-1? Please tell me what David Car showed you in preseason that would make you think he could of orchastrated a TD drive and two point converstion against the Saints? The only game I think was obviously Smiths fault was last week. Even then we had the game won, but Clements and our bend but don't break D killed us.
