LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 324 users in the forums

The couple of players who had a good game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ziegler blocked the punt, so he had a good game.
Mays had the most tackles by far and was rarely if ever caught out of position. Great game for his first.
Vernon did a tremendous job with YAC, particularly on his TD.
Gore ran well, particularly on screens.
That's it.
This really shows how much Alex needs to be replaced. We played well enough in all phases to win except the offense and that was because of horrible execution by Alex.
Goldson played like ass..
  • titan
  • Veteran
Mays and Goldson were solid.
Originally posted by niners94:
This really shows how much Alex needs to be replaced. We played well enough in all phases to win except the offense and that was because of horrible execution by Alex.

And the thing that really stings is the fact that Smith actually played pretty well with the exception of three catastrophic errors. If you really want to nitpick, you could also ding him for the two ugly overthrows on the go routes, but other than that he played good enough to (just barely) win.

Three lousy plays...
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Despite loosing another nailbiter there were actually some great performances:

1) Crabtree- his best game of the year so far got open and got huge completions.

2) Offense- did a solid job of converting 3rd downs. (Despite Smith sucking on 2 horrid plays costing us 6-14 points)

3) Goldson- The best game I have seen from him this year, really stepped up in the wake of chaos with the whole Lewis situation.

4) Haralson- provided great pressure and had a big sack and a hit for a loss of 3.

5) Clements- Had the best game in a very long time, despite absolutley costing us the game at the end. (All he had to do was fall down and we have a great road win).

I just still wonder why Westbrook gets no playing time??

Craptree still din't play like a first rounder or a 5th...
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:

Craptree still din't play like a first rounder or a 5th...

I'm starting to come around to that way of thinking, too. He has a dog of a time breaking free after the catch. Of course, the fact that just about every opponent we've faced has felt comfortable letting their safties sit back in soft coverage doesn't help that, but his failure to break loose after the catch is becoming a reliable trend.
Originally posted by digital9er:
cant say enough good things about Gore and I though Mays played well for his first start.

Love Gore but we need to see Dix and Westbrook.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by digital9er:
cant say enough good things about Gore and I though Mays played well for his first start.

Love Gore but we need to see Dix and Westbrook.

Heavy dose of Dix. until they end up with a dose of VD and crabs.
do it Johnson!

(i just had to)
mays with 11 tackles, 9 of them solo??? we dont need willis anymore
if he can upgrade his coverage "skills", some receiver-bones will be broken.

Originally posted by Chief:
Everyone played good except Alex Smith.
Mays, Gore, Spencer and Crabtree are the only ones who really stood out. VD is always good and is the heart of this team. Goldson ldoesnt need to start anymore. Reggie and Taylor should be starting.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
crabs looked nice today.

this^^
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Goldson played like ass..

• Shifty
  • Veteran
We have a real nice 2010 draft class
Share 49ersWebzone