LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 360 users in the forums

Was the game as close as it seemed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
they wanted it that way? We outplayed them, and they got lucky bounces....

Take the muffed punts, ours bounces right to them, theres bounces back to Bush. Both punt returners made the same mistake, but we came out on the losing end of it.

And the game winning field goal? We definitely got a piece of that, and it still went in....
The Walker fumble was a result of bad play calling. He had no blocking since the 2 receivers who were lined up in front of him streaked toward the endzone, and there were 3 New Orleans defenders in front of him when he caught the ball. He just tried to make something happen when he shouldn't have. Add the baffling bad snap to start the game and the fluke bounce the muffed punt took, and it's 16 point swing.

They even managed to be successful in spite of Raye's play calling, and Smith was a huge part of that. It definitely helped that the O-line really came together and played well from the 2nd quarter on. Things definitely look a lot brighter than they did last Monday night! (Even though it sucks to be 0 and 2)
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
We lost cause Smith still sucks.

Cant wait till this effin bum is off our team. The Niners have the talent to be VERY dangerous, but Alex the bust Smith holds us back at every turn.

Honest question.are you retarded?

Enjoy the warning noobie

I agree with the noob.. your POST was retarded.. i assume you didnt watch any of the game

You enjoy your warning as well.

Smith threw an int in the redzone. That was the difference. Gues who had NO turnovers. Another multiple turnover game for Young Mr. Suck and people are all over his nuts....palease.

Enjoy your warning. Your warning being that noone will care about your opinion anymore and that you are now considered a hater.

Alex was brilliant tonight.

You fail.
Originally posted by GSeef49er:

Cant wait till this effin bum is off our team. The Niners have the talent to be VERY dangerous, but Alex the bust Smith holds us back at every turn.

Enjoy the warning noobie

Id take a warning for that. SMith played great. The pick on the pass to gore, id say is his fault. It was off target and high. The second one was a great play by the Lb that tipped it. So how did he play bad?

He threw 2 int's, one in the red zone. If it wasn't for his inability to take care of the ball, he would not have needed to play the way he did at the end.

If some guy takes a dump on the hood of my car, but then cleans it in a flurry when he sees how pissed I am, the fact remains that he took a dump on the hood of my car......
It was only close because the Niners kept shooting themselves in the foot.

We all knew that Adams returning punts was a ticking time bomb. It was a matter of time before something went wrong on a punt return. I could go on and on about the bad stuff; Walker, Baas,etc.

I cannot stress enough of the good stuff though.
Smith played like a REAL QB. In the 2nd half of the game, HE WAS IN TOTAL CONTROL ON THE FIELD. I don't know how many times I saw him tell/show other players where they should be lined up. I've been on the fence about Alex, but I'm starting to lean towards the side of the fan boys.

Gore IS A BEAST. Good to see Gore running like a sledge hammer and dishing out a little pain. He was running with great vision and he came close to breaking a couple runs.
VD played very well also. Not sure what was up with him and that delay of game in the 2nd half.
Morgan made catches when needed, and he learned how to drag those feet finally.

Willis AND THE DEFENSE! This D looked lights out at times (Goal line stand in the 4th). Hopefully they can build on this game and finally turn into that dominate D we all want them to be.
Originally posted by InconvnientTruth:
the muffed punt, horrible snap, fumble in redzone, and 2 pics killed us. we shoulda kicked their a**. so no, it shouldnt have been so close, the niners shoulda won by 2 scores.

THIS. We missed out on 9 points minimum. If we don't turn the ball over inside the 30 3 times, we win.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
We kicked their f**kin ass and they got lucky every time they need to. I swear to god we got ripped off soooo bad. f**k BREES.

They caused that Walker fumble and that int by good defensive play homie. Hard to be mad at that. I'm mad at that 1st int and that dam high snap.

Delanie Walker made a similar fumble in a preseason game this year. I would have thought that he would have learned/been coached to put two arms around the ball when catching the ball in traffic in the red zone

Enjoy the warning noobie

Id take a warning for that. SMith played great. The pick on the pass to gore, id say is his fault. It was off target and high. The second one was a great play by the Lb that tipped it. So how did he play bad?

He threw 2 int's, one in the red zone. If it wasn't for his inability to take care of the ball, he would not have needed to play the way he did at the end.

If some guy takes a dump on the hood of my car, but then cleans it in a flurry when he sees how pissed I am, the fact remains that he took a dump on the hood of my car......

I'll take a dump in your mouth for a warning and such a stupid post.

Your thinly veiled baiting, after a heartbreaking loss, is a mockery to all the fans.

You should be banned.

Enjoy the warning noobie

That's priceless . . .

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Sep 20, 2010 at 21:26:50 ]
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:

Enjoy the warning noobie

How is he gonna "take care of the ball" after it's tipped?
Haters gonna hate................

Enjoy the warning noobie

Soo, im still not getting where he played bad....? He operated a 2 minute drill great, did he even get sacked tonight? By a team who rocked Favre last year and im pretty sure got some hits last week. Alex threw an Int, i said that. The other he was making a good throw and the dude got a good play. Is walker a bust now too..because he fumbled in the redzone. Or how about adams. is he a bust because he fumbled in or near our redzone. How about Bush? Because he muffed a Punt for them. Hes got to be a bust right? All of them just a bunch of busts.
Originally posted by AKfanster:

Enjoy the warning noobie

Brees have any balls tipped? Think it might be the QB and not the defender?
Originally posted by Ang:

"Attack the post and not the poster. Attack the post and not the poster. Attack the post and not the poster." --sucks to be a mod sometimes.

he should get a warning for inciting.
when the hell is walker gonna learn how to carry the ball
Originally posted by AKfanster:

Enjoy the warning noobie

Brees have any balls tipped? Think it might be the QB and not the defender?

Yes . . . tipped and batted down . . . just none into our hands.
Share 49ersWebzone