LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

If Gore can't get it done bring in DIXON!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:
Why don't we all just start wearing our underwear on the outside of our pants while we're talking retarded. You want to pull our best veteran player and put a rookie in behind this line to face the champs...I don't believe it; quit trollin' dude

SON, THE ONLY THING I TROLL FOR IS FISH. That being said, Gore was not getting the job done and the OL was just as bad, why not change things up for a few plays and bring in DIXON?

If Frank Gore couldn't do anything, there's no way Dixon or even Westbrook would have had any success.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:
Why don't we all just start wearing our underwear on the outside of our pants while we're talking retarded. You want to pull our best veteran player and put a rookie in behind this line to face the champs...I don't believe it; quit trollin' dude

SON, THE ONLY THING I TROLL FOR IS FISH. That being said, Gore was not getting the job done and the OL was just as bad, why not change things up for a few plays and bring in DIXON?

If Frank Gore couldn't do anything, there's no way Dixon or even Westbrook would have had any success.

Actually I think they might've done better.

Gore almost never deviates from where the plays are designed to go, so even when there isn't a hole, he'll usually just run into the pile and take whatever yardage is there. Coaches like this because he avoids negative plays by doing so. Basically, Gore turns into a low risk low reward player when he doesn't have any lanes to run through.

From what I've seen of Dixon and Westbrook especially, they are more willing to break away from the play design if nothing is there. One of the main reasons our offense got shut down was because we weren't taking any risks (aka no explosive plays like Jimmy Johnson kept repeating) and became easy to defend.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If Frankie can't get it going, bring in Big Legs Stiff Arm A DIXON!!!! This is a must win for the 49ers. Pull out all the Stops!!

Now if you had said bring in Dixon or Westbrook instead of Moran Norris I would be all over that. I also have to admit in the fourth quarter when we were so far behind I thought what a great opportunity to bring in Dixon and get him some regular season experience. I would love to see Gore and Dixon or Gore and Westbrook together in the red zone.

[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Sep 14, 2010 at 02:47:38 ]
Why do people always want to automatically bring in the backups as if they will magically turn the tide of the game? Bring in Carr, bring in Dixon, bring in Westbrook, it doesn't matter since our coordinator doesn't deviate from the gameplan. I wanted Cam Cameron, that guy has helped LT, Brown, and Rice have some great seasons and won with subpar quarterbacks as coordinator
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
Why do people always want to automatically bring in the backups as if they will magically turn the tide of the game? Bring in Carr, bring in Dixon, bring in Westbrook, it doesn't matter since our coordinator doesn't deviate from the gameplan. I wanted Cam Cameron, that guy has helped LT, Brown, and Rice have some great seasons and won with subpar quarterbacks as coordinator

I wouldn't call Flacco subpar.
Originally posted by mayo63:

He is one of the most overrated players in the league
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

He is one of the most overrated players in the league

Na, he's good. Probably the best Qb throwing outside the numbers.
Like he did to McClain? Nice fumble and pick too

Gore is the best RB in the NFL after contact. if he cant do it, Dixon most likely cannot either
Not saying Smith is better but Cameron got that running game going again, same formula that got Dilfer to win a Super Bowl. Ravens had lost it before Cameron rejuvenated it again
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

McClain? What are you talking about?

Monday night game, didn't see where he totally missed a wide open McClain? Reminded me of the Norris pass
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Monday night game, didn't see where he totally missed a wide open McClain? Reminded me of the Norris pass

Oh, yeah in the endzone to the right. Yeah, that wasn't good, but he came back and made some nice plays.
Share 49ersWebzone