LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

I think we cut the wrong QB !

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was interested in seeing what Davis could bring in his second preseason. After seeing it, I wonder why anyone would find controversy in him getting cut.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I was interested in seeing what Davis could bring in his second preseason. After seeing it, I wonder why anyone would find controversy in him getting cut.

It was just the shock of having his nuts pulled from their mouths so suddenly.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Wow... this is really getting ridiculous. Check it out:

Alex Smith = Franchise Quarterback

Get used to it.

FILTHpigskin = "I don't know the definition of a Franchise Quarterback."

I just got used to it.

Get used to it.

I'm sure we'll draft another "QB project" in next years draft for everyone to obsess and/or snivel about. "He's the best 3rd stringer EVER!" or "No way, he's the worst 3rd stringer EVER!".

The season definitely needs to start already.

Yes, yur right. At this point in time, Alex Smith = Franchise Quarterback. Period. That means we, as a team, ride on the shoulder, elbow and small hands of a millionaire athlete we don't know. That is the truth. The other 31 teams will 'stand behind their man', but here in SF, things are a lot different. We demand #1, The Alpha Male, the GOAT. Honestly, that is what I love about being a diehard Faithful, our expectations are just higher than any other team. If Jeff Garcia, as a QB, is near the garbage can then you know just what I mean.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
REALLY?

Okay EEEEEENough already.

Christ we're talking about the THIRD STRING QB!!!!!

I swear you would have though we traded Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis to the Cardinald for Matt Lienart and a 7th round pick.

Again say it with me .....

THIRD STRING.

dont joke around
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Get used to it.

FILTHpigskin = "I don't know the definition of a Franchise Quarterback."

I just got used to it.

We'll see about that. I'm definitely not crying about it like so many others. Can you accept Alex Smith as your franchise quarterback if/when it happens, or is your bias going to get in the way?
Nate Davis will be on the Practice Squad this time tomorrow if no one claims him.
Originally posted by danimal:
I agree. Just does not make sense to me either. Nate was lazy in the offseason. OK, well, he still has upside. And this team really does not NEED a great #2 now anyway.

I never understand why teams who are not competing for a Super Bowl put too much thought on their backup QB.

You either have a Franchise QB or you don't.

If you do have one, then get a good backup, no project

If you don't have one, your backup really does not matter nearly as much as your development of your next Franchise candidate does.

Does Sing really not understand the current state of this franchise?
Does Sing really only care about 2010 because he feels the difference between 8-8 and 9-7 could be his job?
If that were true, why is Baalke not protecting the interests of the Franchise?

We don't have a Franchise QB currently people!

If Alex, becomes that this season...GREAT...then I will absolutely care about our #2 being starter ready now.

If he doesn't........then we will be once again without a prospect...I am not so sure Nate Davis was not still our next shot at a Franchise guy

Sing obviously believes this team is playing for the Superbowl. And I appreciate that. Aiming for anything less would be wrong. What sort of message does he want to send to the team -- we are playing for 9-7? Hell no, go for it!

Obviously Sing feels if they lose Nate it is not too big a loss. They can draft a project next year and see how he turns out.

If T Smith does ok, expect to see Carr gone next year.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
REALLY?

Okay EEEEEENough already.

Christ we're talking about the THIRD STRING QB!!!!!

I swear you would have though we traded Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis to the Cardinald for Matt Lienart and a 7th round pick.

Again say it with me .....

THIRD STRING.

Now say this with me.

WE HAVE NOT HAD A FRANCHISE QB SINCE GARCIA(haven't been to the playoffs since...gee what a co-in-ki-dink huh)

Nothing matters until the Niners either get a Franchise QB or develop a once in a couple of decades type of Defense.

So unless you believe that Franchise QB's can't start their careers as 3rd stringers...I would say that being a 3rd sring QB does not automatically invalidate the overall importance of that player to the future of the Franchise
Originally posted by wwrivers:
Originally posted by danimal:
I agree. Just does not make sense to me either. Nate was lazy in the offseason. OK, well, he still has upside. And this team really does not NEED a great #2 now anyway.

I never understand why teams who are not competing for a Super Bowl put too much thought on their backup QB.

You either have a Franchise QB or you don't.

If you do have one, then get a good backup, no project

If you don't have one, your backup really does not matter nearly as much as your development of your next Franchise candidate does.

Does Sing really not understand the current state of this franchise?
Does Sing really only care about 2010 because he feels the difference between 8-8 and 9-7 could be his job?
If that were true, why is Baalke not protecting the interests of the Franchise?

We don't have a Franchise QB currently people!

If Alex, becomes that this season...GREAT...then I will absolutely care about our #2 being starter ready now.

If he doesn't........then we will be once again without a prospect...I am not so sure Nate Davis was not still our next shot at a Franchise guy

Sing obviously believes this team is playing for the Superbowl. And I appreciate that. Aiming for anything less would be wrong. What sort of message does he want to send to the team -- we are playing for 9-7? Hell no, go for it!

Obviously Sing feels if they lose Nate it is not too big a loss. They can draft a project next year and see how he turns out.

If T Smith does ok, expect to see Carr gone next year.

I 100% disagree. Setting unrealistic goals for any team of any season can sometimes be at the expense of the Franchise and their future. So, yes, you can Aim High and Be Wrong all at the same time
If the Niners start 4-0 this season this conversation will become mute and this thread locked up tight and forgotten in two shakes of my left -- uhm -- part.

Can someone tell me what "potanital" means?
Originally posted by altadenaniner:
Can someone tell me what "potanital" means?

I think its arabic for potential.
Share 49ersWebzone