There are 252 users in the forums

Bigger Bust - Rashaun Woods vs. Kentwan Balmer

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Bigger Bust - Rashaun Woods vs. Kentwan Balmer

Balmer's not gone yet, so please remove his picture and the Bust label from your dartboards.

I'm not saying he won't be a bust but until that final bell has rung,he could always become a better player than he's been thus far.

Oh BTW, this team is a 3-4 team. He has to beat out Icebox, ABF or Justin Smith to be a Starter. That's not Bust that's being in an untenable situation. He's not the only guy fighting for a roster spot that has been held back by those guys. Just in case anyone with some knowledge was wondering.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Aug 11, 2010 at 21:49:10 ]
Balmer has fatter tits.
Kentwan Balmer has seen the field rotating in and out sometimes. Meanwhile, Rashaun Woods' only meaningful time was garbage time at the end of a season.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by valrod33:
please stop with the Desean jackson s**t, we werent the only ones who passed him up.

That argument is f**kin retarded already

my nigga

apparently we were the only team to pass him up
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Rashaun Woods, not close.

Are you serious? Do you realize how little Balmer has done?

The man has 19 tackles, 11 of which were assists. That's it. Nothing more.

8 solo tackles vs. 7 catches for 160 yards and 1 TD.

And you're seriously gonna say it's not close?

Balmer is the bigger bust.

In terms of attitude and effort, Woods was obviously worse. BUT, in terms of output, they both sucked ass, but Woods did more.

It's simple; as of today's date and time Balmer is still on the team and Woods is not...

So what? Do you mean to tell me that if the raiders hadn't cut Russell, but instead allowed him to ride the pine and never see the field like the Niners have done with Balmer, he (Russell) wouldn't be the biggest draft bust of all time? Because he would still be with their team? Please.

rashaun woods had a much bigger upside than balmer i mean im sure when balmers name got called wvery1 was like who???!! but woods had a lot of upside so he the bigger bust at least IMO

I guess you guys are looking at it from a much different perspective. As far as I'm concerned, they were both drafted at the end of the 1st round and they both didn't do a damn thing, only Balmer did even less than Woods.

In terms of attitude and effort, Woods was obviously worse. BUT, in terms of output, they both sucked ass, but Woods did more.

It's simple; as of today's date and time Balmer is still on the team and Woods is not...

So what? Do you mean to tell me that if the raiders hadn't cut Russell, but instead allowed him to ride the pine and never see the field like the Niners have done with Balmer, he (Russell) wouldn't be the biggest draft bust of all time? Because he would still be with their team? Please.

rashaun woods had a much bigger upside than balmer i mean im sure when balmers name got called wvery1 was like who???!! but woods had a lot of upside so he the bigger bust at least IMO

I guess you guys are looking at it from a much different perspective. As far as I'm concerned, they were both drafted at the end of the 1st round and they both didn't do a damn thing, only Balmer did even less than Woods.

I forget, was Balmer drafted to be a Starter or was it for depth?

Seems to me that people keep forgetting this bit.

LE Icebox
DT ABF
RE Justin Smith AKA Schmidty Schmit

Was there a major injury to any of those guys that had Balmer or anyone else Starting over 2009?

Y'all needs ta chill.

~Ceadder

we should have never traded Woods for Sammie Davis!!!!!

Woods would have been a beast!!!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Woods. At least Balmer got on the field.

Scotty is killing me with this Balmer s**t. DeSean was there... twice.

This

were we the only team to pass on him? hindsights 20/20
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

No we weren't, but take this in consideration.

• DeSean's mentor? Jerry Rice.

• Where did DeSean play? Cal Berkley (kinda geographically convenient to scout often)

• The 49ers' needs that year?
WR, RT, WEAK ILB, OLB for pass rush

So tell me, why did we draft Kentwan Balmer? To play nose? To shore up on the d-line? I know Balmer fell a good number of spots and we weren't expecting him to be there, but there was probably a good reason for that.

• Where did DeSean play? Cal Berkley (kinda geographically convenient to scout often)

So tell me, why did we draft Kentwan Balmer? To play nose? To shore up on the d-line? I know Balmer fell a good number of spots and we weren't expecting him to be there, but there was probably a good reason for that.

Aaron Rodgers played for Cal didn't stop us from taking alex..obviously if could go back and change the pick we would but the draft is hit or miss and thats how it goes.

Aaron Rodgers played for Cal didn't stop us from taking alex..obviously if could go back and change the pick we would but the draft is hit or miss and thats how it goes.

I know... I'm just saying Scotty should have done more homework, cause obviously he got it wrong with Balmer & Chilo over DeSean.

And Rodgers would have struggled just like Alex.

I know... I'm just saying Scotty should have done more homework, cause obviously he got it wrong with Balmer & Chilo over DeSean.

And Rodgers would have struggled just like Alex.

not according to the Zone people act like we would've been immediate contenders with rodgers instead

I wouldn't call Rice his mentor.

I believe Rice was trying to recruit him to DeBartolo's sporting agency.

-9fA
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Exactly. He played in our back-yard, Scotty could have gone and scouted himself. Jerry Rice recommended him as well...AND we passed him Twice when we needed a WR and a returner badly.

I mean, 80% of the board wanted DeSean Jackson. It was as easy a pick as drafting Crabtree last year and Scot blew it.
Share 49ersWebzone