LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 193 users in the forums

Countdown to Training Camp (July 30): 0 days!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

^^^ thank god we don't have those uniforms anymore

Jeff Garcia FTW!!!!

I never had a problem with our old uniforms besides maybe the Away ones but Im still glad we got new uni's

i didnt hate the old uni's either, but i look at it like this, we basically changed for no reason back in the day and never won squat in those uni's, so it was a great choice to go old school again

Yeah, I couldn't ever get used to them (even within their final years of commission). They weren't repulsively modern like Carolina's uniforms at that time, but they were the polar opposites of who we initially used to be..

-Instead of just using a modernized design adjacent to our (now) con-current dreads, they had to go and turn us into the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Those uniforms hold more painful memories than that of memorable ones.
damn, I've got to make a game this year. I might buy the 2 ticket package with raiders and seahawks game.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:

^^^ thank god we don't have those uniforms anymore

Jeff Garcia FTW!!!!

I never had a problem with our old uniforms besides maybe the Away ones but Im still glad we got new uni's

i didnt hate the old uni's either, but i look at it like this, we basically changed for no reason back in the day and never won squat in those uni's, so it was a great choice to go old school again

Yeah, I couldn't ever get used to them (even within their final years of commission). They weren't repulsively modern like Carolina's uniforms at that time, but they were the polar opposites of who we initially used to be..

-Instead of just using a modernized design adjacent to our (now) con-current dreads, they had to go and turn us into the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Those uniforms hold more painful memories than that of memorable ones.

Very true. Funny how we switch back to are, semi throwbacks and we have a winning record for the first time. Seriously, I don't like those uniforms mainly because of the fact they remind me of the bad times!!
when is the first date open to the public?
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
when is the first date open to the public?

august 2
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Eyes forward.
No. 8 deserves multiple photos.

Does anyone have the clip from that game with Steve Young helmetless??

I can't find it ANYWHERE!

The video below has it at about the 1:20 mark.
Aug. 13, 1995 - at San Diego

Perhaps only a left-hander would do something like this. In a meaningless preseason game seven months after the Super Bowl, Young nearly had his head ripped off as he attempted to pass. Instead, it was his helmet that was ripped off.

Instead of doing the sensible thing and immediately dropping to the grass and covering his head, Young took off running and picked up 9 yards on 3rd-and-10. He then gained a yard on 4th-and-1.

Note that Young being helmetless happened more than once. The video also has the time his helmet came off in a game against Dallas.

I seriously need a GIF. of that TD spike against Dallas @3:15.
4 days

I'd rock an Andy Lee jersey.

-9fA
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
4 days

Hey, I do the countdowns around here.

4 days

Originally posted by mayo63:
4 days

Hey, I do the countdowns around here.

4 days

woooooooooooooo
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I'd rock an Andy Lee jersey.

-9fA

what is with the guitar?
Andy Lee is awesome, the Young video brings back some great memories....I can't wait for the start of training camp. GO 49ers!!!!
The 49ers ended the practice session with a pair of two-minute drills in which the offense started at its 31 and was instructed to get at least a field goal. Both drives ended with interceptions. Tarell Brown jumped a sideline route to upend the first drive, and Curtis Taylor snared an overthrown pass intended for tight end Joe Jon Finley to snuff the second.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
The 49ers ended the practice session with a pair of two-minute drills in which the offense started at its 31 and was instructed to get at least a field goal. Both drives ended with interceptions. Tarell Brown jumped a sideline route to upend the first drive, and Curtis Taylor snared an overthrown pass intended for tight end Joe Jon Finley to snuff the second.

Share 49ersWebzone