LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

I need training camp ticket help!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Texas9er:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Of course, me hooking you up with tickets is assuming something doesn't happen that would prevent me from getting tickets. I'm usually on it ASAP every year, but you never know. As long as I get my hands on some tickets, you won't have to worry about anything and your trip to California will be a success. Just make sure you do more than just watch the Niners practice when you visit this beautiful state!

Yes we will. We're gonna be staying in Sunnyvale or Santa Clara since both are close to training camp and airport(we're flying into San Jose(cheaper than to San Fran). We are definately gonna hit up the Golden Gate Bridge and Halfmoon Bay. My wife talked about hitting some the windy streets in San Fran. Do you recommend any other attractions?

Well it all depends what you wanna do. If you want to see some nice sights, take a cruise up and down the coast. The City of SF itself can easily take up your entire vacation if you let it. Ride the trolleys, check out Golden Gate Park, Alcatraz, etc..
WooHoo!! I was able to get some training camp tickets for opening day!! Now my trip will be all worth it!!
WooHoo!! I was able to get some training camp tickets for opening day!! Now my trip will be all worth it!!

Good, good. I remembered this thread and signed up for 4 extra tickets just in case. I told you I'd cover you! LOL

I have some buddies that I'll give those tickets to then. Make sure you keep an eye out for the other open dates that they announce. You might be able to attend 3-4, or maybe all 10. Haha.
Hello fello niner fans. I'm writing from the great/far state of texas. My family and I are planning to go to San Fran for vacation. I've never been to Cali before...but my main intentions are to hopefully get a chance to go to a training camp. That is our only reason for going. We will be staying for 5 days in Santa Clara hoping to get some tickets. I would be very disappointed to go and not see my/our beloved 49ers anybody have any pull or know how i can get some tickets for 3? I've read that tix are limited and are on a first come first serve basis. HELP if you can.

Texas9er my family is also making the trip from Wisconsin but we are not flying in till aug 6th so we are going to miss the opening practice.I also hope i will be able to get some tickets to one of the other dates when they come out because that would really suck to not be able to go to my 1st 49er training camp:(
Texas9er where u from in Texas. I to am a fan from Texas. Abilene here. I'll be at the camp as well maybe ill see ya there

Good, good. I remembered this thread and signed up for 4 extra tickets just in case. I told you I'd cover you! LOL

I have some buddies that I'll give those tickets to then. Make sure you keep an eye out for the other open dates that they announce. You might be able to attend 3-4, or maybe all 10. Haha.

Thank You! Great looking out! I will be checking for more dates. I would love to go to at least 2!
Originally posted by awol36:
Just keep in touch with the 49erswebzone and you should be fine. you get the tixs online.

I keep reading that they are free and that season tickets holders get first dibs...true?

If that is true, I'm a season ticket holder and I probably won't be going to training camp. You can have mine.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Don't worry about it, man. If you can't get yourself signed up, I'll get you some tickets. I do it for people on here every year.

This is how it works: The San Jose Mercury News usually hosts the event and prints a "pass code" in the newspaper on a specific day. You get that word, go to 49ers.com, which links you to a signup page, enter the word and sign up for your tickets. Obviously, you probably won't have access to the Merc, but the good news is someone always shares the code with the Zone early that morning. We always have an idea of what day the signups are because season ticket holders get an email and are able to signup a day or two before the general public - and they usually update the Zone when they get that email. In the past, they would distribute about 1,000 tickets for each day of open training camps, but each ticket would admit 2 people. However, this year, tickets to all events have been admitting only one person, so you can expect them to distribute about 2,000 tickets.

What everyone needs to understand is these tickets are only distributed for crowd control. When people THINK they need a ticket, they don't show up without one. This prevents 10,000 fans from showing up to the facility. In reality, they don't even look at the ticket most of the time. I've been in line with people who have handed them a folded piece of paper with nothing on it and they got in just as easily as I did with a real ticket.

If you can't sign yourself up for some reason, PM me and I'll hook you up. Chances are you'll be able to get your hands on some even if you miss the first signups because they distribute tickets for the first day before they distribute the tickets for the rest of the open days. The first day of open TC is usually the hardest to obtain because the Merc used to give out free game tickets that day. They didn't do that last year, so I don't know if they'll do it this year. That's why it's harder to get tickets for the first day, but the rest of the days of open TC are fairly easy to obtain.

You are a class act to share this information.

and I'll be there

that alone is worth the trip
Hello fello niner fans. I'm writing from the great/far state of texas. My family and I are planning to go to San Fran for vacation. I've never been to Cali before...but my main intentions are to hopefully get a chance to go to a training camp. That is our only reason for going. We will be staying for 5 days in Santa Clara hoping to get some tickets. I would be very disappointed to go and not see my/our beloved 49ers anybody have any pull or know how i can get some tickets for 3? I've read that tix are limited and are on a first come first serve basis. HELP if you can.

You don't even need tickets to get in there. But if you must then tell somebody to email you theirs and print out that paper. They don't even check at the door.

Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

You don't even need tickets to get in there. But if you must then tell somebody to email you theirs and print out that paper. They don't even check at the door.

Again, this is just a warning and might mean nothing, but I attended a mini camp on June 18th.. The tickets were exactly the same as the TC tickets, the draft party tickets, etc.. Only this time they actually checked a list to highlight the name on your ticket. I assume it was to eliminate a ticket from being used more than once. BUT, this mini camp only had about 200-300 people attending, as opposed to a TC with over 2,000 people attending, so maybe checking the list at the gate is not feasible with so many people. I just thought I'd give the heads up because I've never had them examine a ticket for any event before.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

Yeah but I didn't want to take a chance on that. With a ticket I know for sure I get to get in training camp.
Ya I was at the Mini Camp Also. THis did happen, but Honestly i think that was a VIP Event, as we got the VIP Event Lanyards. TC im sure they wont check it its a time for everyone to get a chance to see the team :0
Hey All,

Can someone hook me up with some training camp tickets? Please PM me if you can send me a copy of the training camp tickets.

Thanks
Going to TC for the first time this year. I'm taking my son and would like to get his jersey autographed. Do you guys have any reccomendation on how early we should arrive? Being that my son is a quarter Samoan, it would be really nice to get Iupati sig. What are the chances that can happen?
Share 49ersWebzone