LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

I need training camp ticket help!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hello fello niner fans. I'm writing from the great/far state of texas. My family and I are planning to go to San Fran for vacation. I've never been to Cali before...but my main intentions are to hopefully get a chance to go to a training camp. That is our only reason for going. We will be staying for 5 days in Santa Clara hoping to get some tickets. I would be very disappointed to go and not see my/our beloved 49ers anybody have any pull or know how i can get some tickets for 3? I've read that tix are limited and are on a first come first serve basis. HELP if you can.
Only reason for coming to california is to check out training camp? Do yourself a favor and check out San Francisco, Half Moon Bay, Monterey, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Yosemite, or dozens of the other amazing places in cali to visit. Hope you get to see the niners, but also hope thats not the highlight of such a big trip.
[ Edited by Druckenmiller14 on Jun 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Only reason for coming to california is to check out training camp? Do yourself a favor and check out San Francisco, Half Moon Bay, Monterey, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Yosemite, or dozens of the other amazing places in cali to visit. Hope you get to see the niners, but also hope thats not the highlight of such a big trip.

Yeah we're gonna check out some attractions...but HELL YEAH watching the niners is the highlight of my trip!! I'm a Niner Fanatic!! I'm from TX so watching the Niners is a high priority!
Hope you get to enjoy San Francisco & the 49ers!
Just keep in touch with the 49erswebzone and you should be fine. you get the tixs online.
Originally posted by awol36:
Just keep in touch with the 49erswebzone and you should be fine. you get the tixs online.

I keep reading that they are free and that season tickets holders get first dibs...true?
See the Training Camp Information Section, under Webzone Updates, on the home page of the Webzone. It's all there.

Have fun!
Don't worry about it, man. If you can't get yourself signed up, I'll get you some tickets. I do it for people on here every year.

This is how it works: The San Jose Mercury News usually hosts the event and prints a "pass code" in the newspaper on a specific day. You get that word, go to 49ers.com, which links you to a signup page, enter the word and sign up for your tickets. Obviously, you probably won't have access to the Merc, but the good news is someone always shares the code with the Zone early that morning. We always have an idea of what day the signups are because season ticket holders get an email and are able to signup a day or two before the general public - and they usually update the Zone when they get that email. In the past, they would distribute about 1,000 tickets for each day of open training camps, but each ticket would admit 2 people. However, this year, tickets to all events have been admitting only one person, so you can expect them to distribute about 2,000 tickets.

What everyone needs to understand is these tickets are only distributed for crowd control. When people THINK they need a ticket, they don't show up without one. This prevents 10,000 fans from showing up to the facility. In reality, they don't even look at the ticket most of the time. I've been in line with people who have handed them a folded piece of paper with nothing on it and they got in just as easily as I did with a real ticket.

If you can't sign yourself up for some reason, PM me and I'll hook you up. Chances are you'll be able to get your hands on some even if you miss the first signups because they distribute tickets for the first day before they distribute the tickets for the rest of the open days. The first day of open TC is usually the hardest to obtain because the Merc used to give out free game tickets that day. They didn't do that last year, so I don't know if they'll do it this year. That's why it's harder to get tickets for the first day, but the rest of the days of open TC are fairly easy to obtain.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Very strange picture. Sorry if my comment was somehow offensive. Its just kindof sad if the highlight of such a big trip would be just sitting on your butt and watching a scrimmage. I love the niners, but there are also a million other(much more active) activities I enjoy. And I know thats not true for everyone and that many are fine with just being spectators. Thats just not always for me.

Originally posted by RonMexico:

Very strange picture. Sorry if my comment was somehow offensive. Its just kindof sad if the highlight of such a big trip would be just sitting on your butt and watching a scrimmage. I love the niners, but there are also a million other(much more active) activities I enjoy. And I know thats not true for everyone and that many are fine with just being spectators. Thats just not always for me.

• Paully13
  • Info N/A
I have a random question. Does anyone have a ticket stub to last years Thursday night game against the Bears (Nov. 12th 2009)? I am looking to get this stub for sentimental reasons. Please e-mail if you can help me out. [email protected]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Don't worry about it, man. If you can't get yourself signed up, I'll get you some tickets. I do it for people on here every year.

This is how it works: The San Jose Mercury News usually hosts the event and prints a "pass code" in the newspaper on a specific day. You get that word, go to 49ers.com, which links you to a signup page, enter the word and sign up for your tickets. Obviously, you probably won't have access to the Merc, but the good news is someone always shares the code with the Zone early that morning. We always have an idea of what day the signups are because season ticket holders get an email and are able to signup a day or two before the general public - and they usually update the Zone when they get that email. In the past, they would distribute about 1,000 tickets for each day of open training camps, but each ticket would admit 2 people. However, this year, tickets to all events have been admitting only one person, so you can expect them to distribute about 2,000 tickets.

What everyone needs to understand is these tickets are only distributed for crowd control. When people THINK they need a ticket, they don't show up without one. This prevents 10,000 fans from showing up to the facility. In reality, they don't even look at the ticket most of the time. I've been in line with people who have handed them a folded piece of paper with nothing on it and they got in just as easily as I did with a real ticket.

If you can't sign yourself up for some reason, PM me and I'll hook you up. Chances are you'll be able to get your hands on some even if you miss the first signups because they distribute tickets for the first day before they distribute the tickets for the rest of the open days. The first day of open TC is usually the hardest to obtain because the Merc used to give out free game tickets that day. They didn't do that last year, so I don't know if they'll do it this year. That's why it's harder to get tickets for the first day, but the rest of the days of open TC are fairly easy to obtain.

Thanks 49erRider!!
Of course, me hooking you up with tickets is assuming something doesn't happen that would prevent me from getting tickets. I'm usually on it ASAP every year, but you never know. As long as I get my hands on some tickets, you won't have to worry about anything and your trip to California will be a success. Just make sure you do more than just watch the Niners practice when you visit this beautiful state!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Of course, me hooking you up with tickets is assuming something doesn't happen that would prevent me from getting tickets. I'm usually on it ASAP every year, but you never know. As long as I get my hands on some tickets, you won't have to worry about anything and your trip to California will be a success. Just make sure you do more than just watch the Niners practice when you visit this beautiful state!

Yes we will. We're gonna be staying in Sunnyvale or Santa Clara since both are close to training camp and airport(we're flying into San Jose(cheaper than to San Fran). We are definately gonna hit up the Golden Gate Bridge and Halfmoon Bay. My wife talked about hitting some the windy streets in San Fran. Do you recommend any other attractions?
Share 49ersWebzone