There are 262 users in the forums

What does Alex need to do this season to get a contract extension?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What does Alex need to do this season to get a contract extension?

Originally posted by BobS:
I would like to see at least 3500 yards and a 2-1 td to interception ratio, no more than 20 sacks and 5 lost fumbles, is that asking too much? If he does that 10-11 wins and a play-off spot should be no problem. I really don't think he will ever achieve much more, don't think he has the tools to be a top 5-10 quarterback. Considering the QB play since Garcia left, top 15 will make me more than happy.
expecting only 20 sacks might be too much, remember this O-line has been one of the worst as far as giving up sacks in the past 4 years. Everything else is very reasonable.
He really needs to show he can win games that we are not supposed to, such as when the D is stinking it up, or we stay close with a good team. That would lie with making the playoffs. Should we miss the playoffs in our terrible division, he needs to go, unless the NFC west suprises everyone and we miss it with a 10-6 record....
Originally posted by SJniner7:
He really needs to show he can win games that we are not supposed to, such as when the D is stinking it up, or we stay close with a good team. That would lie with making the playoffs. Should we miss the playoffs in our terrible division, he needs to go, unless the NFC west suprises everyone and we miss it with a 10-6 record....

True, but he also needs to win the games he is supposed to win; like the game at Seattle last year or at home against Tennessee.
beat the packers, win all our primetime games
He needs to play every week the way he normally only plays when facing a s**t opponent.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He needs to play at a level that gets us to the playoffs.
Playoffs, without question. He has to lead this team. It's now or never.
Alex needs to be better this his previous years stats with a looks like a whole seasons start. If he can improve dramatically then the extension will come.
He needs to not get us blown out in any games. There's no excuse for this team to not make the playoffs! If he doesent win and keep any losses competitive then we will indeed see David carr and Alex will not be on this team next season.
He needs to get a top 15 QB rating and 10 wins. If he gets a top 10 rating and 11 or more wins he will get extended for sure.

I am sure Alex knows that this season he has to be the best he can be. I am hoping that he has a geat year and takes us to the playoffs. GO NINERS
You guys saying playoffs or bust don't get how team sports work. He could play lights out and we have a couple of serious injuries and we could miss the playoffs. What we should hope for is that he continues to improve, if that happens then all the rest should fall into place.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You guys saying playoffs or bust don't get how team sports work. He could play lights out and we have a couple of serious injuries and we could miss the playoffs. What we should hope for is that he continues to improve, if that happens then all the rest should fall into place.

or

Smith could have another mediocre season but the Niners still make the playoffs thanks to a weak div.

I think the latter is the more likely scenario.
Did the fans that keep talking about Smith "Continuing to improve" miss the final few weeks of the 2009 season? Smith was dog crap when the games still meant something (Philly,Arizona). He "redeemed" himself by playing okay in the final two games against two losers that just wanted to finish the year and go home (rams,lions).
[ Edited by nflguy49 on May 15, 2010 at 11:33 PM ]
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

or

Smith could have another mediocre season but the Niners still make the playoffs thanks to a weak div.

I think the latter is the more likely scenario.

How surprising...
Share 49ersWebzone