LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Dallas Morning News says Niners could be SB Contender

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love my team, but this dude is delusional.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Well if Dallas morning news says it then its gotta be true.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by KOniner:
This is from Gerry Fraley of the Morning News.

"Aside from the Saints, the Vikings and the Cowboys, which other NFC team do you see a contender for the Super Bowl?
It might be a year too soon, but San Francisco seems to be on a decided rise. The Niners won five of their final eight last year. Not earth-shattering but worth noting."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/050710dnspofraleychatbreakdown2.1c5a0d3.html

Looks like the national media is beginning to take the Niners seriously this year.

same thing happened last year, then we took the field.
Originally posted by susweel:
Well if Dallas morning news says it then its gotta be true.

• morocka49er
  • Info N/A
IMO, I agree some of the u saying we should be under the radar during the offseason, and even with this guy saying that we could be SB contender we still are under the radar. the reason being is he said we could be a surprise SB contender as in he doesn't expect us to reach the SB let alone win it. also some of u mentioned the way alex performs is whats going to determine how we do as a team. I don't think that's going to be determine how well or poorly we do. its going to be based on three things:

1. our O-line: if our two rookies play as well as Staley played in his rookie yr, then our O-line will gel alot quicker and allows to do anything we want, but most importantly be balance.

2. with one being said, our running game has to pick up: now i am not jumping on gore, I love GORE much like rest of us here, just need wholes for him to get to the second level and do his thing. this i think we will be able to do. also with a better O-line alex will be protected even better and feel much more comfortable taking snaps from under center almost as much as the shotgun, not to mention the running game will take the pressure of him which is plus. if we could remember Alex did excel when had turnner as our OC mostly because our offense was being played off the run and play action.

3. our defense: don't get me wrong our defense is the best thing we had last yr it kept it us in games, but we still need to get better. it need to go from keeping it us in games to winning some game much like it did when we started 3-0 almost 4-0 last yr. now how can it win us some games, not give up the big plays and playing coach sing style football which is really really physical. as an SC fan i am not trying to be a homer with this but i watch mays play at SC and with some improvement in his game here and there could be the next ed reed of our defense in the next few yrs. but i know for a fact when it matter the most he won't give up the big plays as matter fact he would cause some sort of a turnover like getting a pick, or hitting so hard forcing a fumble. now as a rookie i really thing he under the radar too when it come to defense rookie of the year, you guy might laugh at me for saying this, but with his talent and work eithic and having wills there to push him and help him learn our defense i don't see y not.

last thing: everyone on here thinks we can win the west and make a small playoff run, but look at what the cards did two yrs ago, a real passing team who just got into the playoffs with winning the west and then went all the way to the SB and were one play way from winning it all, and they did this all because of the three things i mentions, great defense, good O-line play, and enough of a running game to have kurt go crazy with big plays. if you think about it we could be the Cards of this yr with the exception that we have someone who can run the ball just need hole to run through. I am not getting my hopes up until we get out there and play some football. but it something to think about tho
I think the biggest x factor is how quick the Oline gels and how much better Alex is in year two. If the line is in the top ten and we see the best Alex in 6 years no reason we cant compete in the NFC.
  • morocka49er
  • Info N/A
thats what i am saying, i think alex will play better because of the oline it will give him time to throw, and also take pressure of him because of how well we going to be able to run the ball
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by KOniner:
This is from Gerry Fraley of the Morning News.

"Aside from the Saints, the Vikings and the Cowboys, which other NFC team do you see a contender for the Super Bowl?
It might be a year too soon, but San Francisco seems to be on a decided rise. The Niners won five of their final eight last year. Not earth-shattering but worth noting."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/050710dnspofraleychatbreakdown2.1c5a0d3.html

Looks like the national media is beginning to take the Niners seriously this year.

same thing happened last year, then we took the field.

Win 10 games and we are a contender. Bottom Line.

Screwed by Favre against Vikes at the last second, and should've beat the Colts.

We didnt. I understand that. But its not unrealistic to say if we win 10 games we are superbowl contenders.

JQ
I'd say we're a pretty legit Playoff Contender.

• morocka49er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'd say we're a pretty legit Playoff Contender.

I agree, i don't see y shouldn't be a playoff contender, and unless we face the saints i don't see y not win the the NFC, its should be a good yr for us
  • Antix
  • Veteran
We're turning into what the Cardinals were for years.

Every year since after the 06 season we've been everybody sexy pick yet we have yet to sniff the playoffs.
  • morocka49er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Antix:
We're turning into what the Cardinals were for years.

Every year since after the 06 season we've been everybody sexy pick yet we have yet to sniff the playoffs.

and thats y this yr when make the playoffs, we will also go all the way just like the cardinals two yrs ago
F*ck dallas.
I would say we're a playoff team, and I believe any team that makes it to the playoffs could possibly win the SB. The Niners keep getting better every year and I feel this year they actually are legit.
Let's have a good season this year!!
Share 49ersWebzone