There are 798 users in the forums
We Need a Return Man So...
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Apr 8, 2010 at 6:57 PM
- Draftology
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,168
if he could do it, I'm sure Sing would have put him in.
Apr 8, 2010 at 7:08 PM
- GoldenIowa49er
- Member
- Posts: 2,717
i want a home run threat...i'd like to see us burn a pick on just a specialized returner at this point
Apr 8, 2010 at 7:14 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,809
I think if he can stay healthy he could do it for us.
Apr 8, 2010 at 7:27 PM
- BigBug415
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,385
I do pretty good with him in Madden 10.
Apr 8, 2010 at 7:34 PM
- loud3800
- Veteran
- Posts: 77
i think we should draft a returner in the second round like on Dexter McCluster i don't think spiller is worth that high of a pick for us and in the first round we should beef up our o line
Apr 8, 2010 at 8:35 PM
- frankie
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,361
Originally posted by BigBug415:
I do pretty good with him in Madden 10.
But does he make the probowl in madden

I think the reason he hasn't been utilized this way is maybe just maybe they have other future plans for reggie! But idk we had clements out there which I don't like to be honest! Nate dawg clements is our hitman at corner
Apr 8, 2010 at 8:46 PM
- Yetiman
- Veteran
- Posts: 432
That they aren't using him already speaks to the point that they've already tried him and he's not very good, or else he's not really interested. If he was, he'd be volunteering to help (and get some playing time).
Don't get me wrong... I like Reggie. It's just that he hasn't showed me (or the coaching staff) anything so far.
Don't get me wrong... I like Reggie. It's just that he hasn't showed me (or the coaching staff) anything so far.
Apr 8, 2010 at 9:42 PM
- PTulini
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,412
Originally posted by Yetiman:
That they aren't using him already speaks to the point that they've already tried him and he's not very good, or else he's not really interested. If he was, he'd be volunteering to help (and get some playing time).
Don't get me wrong... I like Reggie. It's just that he hasn't showed me (or the coaching staff) anything so far.
I was thinking the same thing. If it was me, I would be looking for any opportunity to get out onto the field. I doubt that Reggie makes the team this year.
Apr 8, 2010 at 9:52 PM
- waiting4number6
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,223
Originally posted by BigBug415:
I do pretty good with him in Madden 10.
Haha so do I.
Apr 8, 2010 at 11:17 PM
- unst4bl3
- Member
- Posts: 7,568
Originally posted by waiting4number6:Originally posted by BigBug415:
I do pretty good with him in Madden 10.
Haha so do I.
same here, and I don't get beat deep (i sub him in for M. Lewis)
Apr 8, 2010 at 11:30 PM
- 49erRider
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,508
Originally posted by frankie:Originally posted by BigBug415:
I do pretty good with him in Madden 10.
But does he make the probowl in madden
I think the reason he hasn't been utilized this way is maybe just maybe they have other future plans for reggie! But idk we had clements out there which I don't like to be honest! Nate dawg clements is our hitman at corner
Clements did well in Buffalo as a PR and the only reason we never placed him there is the big contract we gave him. They didn't want him doing such a dangerous job and risk losing him to injury after pouring that much money into him. I am almost positive he will have to restructure his contract soon, so if we don't draft a legitimate return man, I think we should put Clements back there. We have nobody better. Not even close.
Apr 8, 2010 at 11:32 PM
- waiting4number6
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,223
Originally posted by unst4bl3:Originally posted by waiting4number6:Originally posted by BigBug415:
I do pretty good with him in Madden 10.
Haha so do I.
same here, and I don't get beat deep (i sub him in for M. Lewis)
Haha so do I, haha. Why the hell was Mike Lewis covering deep against the Eagles ie Fraction Jackson gets behind him for one of DeSean's patented home run scores? Ugghh other than Gore's greatness in that game I want that game wiped from my memory.
Apr 8, 2010 at 11:48 PM
- frankie
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,361
Originally posted by 49erRider:Originally posted by frankie:Originally posted by BigBug415:
I do pretty good with him in Madden 10.
But does he make the probowl in madden
I think the reason he hasn't been utilized this way is maybe just maybe they have other future plans for reggie! But idk we had clements out there which I don't like to be honest! Nate dawg clements is our hitman at corner
Clements did well in Buffalo as a PR and the only reason we never placed him there is the big contract we gave him. They didn't want him doing such a dangerous job and risk losing him to injury after pouring that much money into him. I am almost positive he will have to restructure his contract soon, so if we don't draft a legitimate return man, I think we should put Clements back there. We have nobody better. Not even close.
Yeah I do see a restructure in the near future, but if the future seasons remain uncapped maybe not. He may be our best option but I do believe they would be fools to toss clements out there on pr duty! It increases the chances of injury! Kr pr, and kickers are the most sought after target over anybody on the field! And well one good cheap shot and we could lose em for a season or so. Idk, I hope we find another option out there and we don't have to rely on clements on pr duty! He is a badass cb for us I'd like em to remain so. My opinion of course
Apr 8, 2010 at 11:56 PM
- 49erRider
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,508
Originally posted by frankie:Originally posted by 49erRider:Originally posted by frankie:Originally posted by BigBug415:
I do pretty good with him in Madden 10.
But does he make the probowl in madden
I think the reason he hasn't been utilized this way is maybe just maybe they have other future plans for reggie! But idk we had clements out there which I don't like to be honest! Nate dawg clements is our hitman at corner
Clements did well in Buffalo as a PR and the only reason we never placed him there is the big contract we gave him. They didn't want him doing such a dangerous job and risk losing him to injury after pouring that much money into him. I am almost positive he will have to restructure his contract soon, so if we don't draft a legitimate return man, I think we should put Clements back there. We have nobody better. Not even close.
Yeah I do see a restructure in the near future, but if the future seasons remain uncapped maybe not. He may be our best option but I do believe they would be fools to toss clements out there on pr duty! It increases the chances of injury! Kr pr, and kickers are the most sought after target over anybody on the field! And well one good cheap shot and we could lose em for a season or so. Idk, I hope we find another option out there and we don't have to rely on clements on pr duty! He is a badass cb for us I'd like em to remain so. My opinion of course
I agree and I know the team does as well, which is pretty much what they said when we first signed him and he was asked by a reporter if he would handle return duties. Clements looked at Nolan, who pretty much gave him the "no way" response. I believe the beat writers also covered the reasoning for Clements not handling return duties, and the money was the main issue because of the injury concerns.
On the other hand, though, he handled return duties in Buffalo and never missed a game.