There are 191 users in the forums

Will Nate Davis get any regular season Reps?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Nate Davis get any regular season Reps?

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Wow you must be really excited about Nate Davis. By the way what are those white spots on his left shoulder in the picture?
Originally posted by iamtheman698:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Wow you must be really excited about Nate Davis. By the way what are those white spots on his left shoulder in the picture?

I nutted on him
Lets hope not, that would mean both Carr and Smith are out!
damn we need a new o line
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k him

ditto!!

Because he looked ok agaisnt 3rd stringers everyone on his nu* sac*.
He looked better against those 3rd stringers than Alex did.
Originally posted by prime21:
f**k him

ditto!!

when did alex play against 3rd stringers? Since alex was 2nd string in preseason he would play against 2nd stringers. preseason means nothing anyways, the raiders went undefeated in the preseason a couple years ago and look where that got them
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
f**k him

ditto!!

when did alex play against 3rd stringers? Since alex was 2nd string in preseason he would play against 2nd stringers. preseason means nothing anyways, the raiders went undefeated in the preseason a couple years ago and look where that got them

Your forgetting Alex has played more than just the 2009 preseason.
From what Ive been seeing and hearing is, there is a buzz around the NFL about Nate Davis. Now, does he get any reps if we are up by 20 in the 4th Quarter? or if Smith is hurt and for some strange reason Carr cannot play either? or what if he shows that he should be the starter for our team, I mean he possibly could be better than Carr at this point, maybe better than Smith come preseason, I mean Nate isnt that far behind like everyone is making it seem.

Adam Schefter
  • seanh
  • Veteran
Call me crazy, but I would like at least something, anything, other than a few meaningless preseason games that proves Nate Davis is ready. I'd like to see him succeed just as much as the next guy but on all accounts he's a PROJECT, not a prophecy. Until there is any shred of evidence he's better than what we currently have in Smith or Carr, he's right where he needs to be. Sitting on the bench as the emergency QB and continuing to learn.

Nope. Not this year. Not a chance in heck. Honestly, I would be surprised if he ever plays a regular season game for us. I am sure this organization will miss the boat with him and some other team will pick him up down the line and get a starting QB.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
From what Ive been seeing and hearing is, there is a buzz around the NFL about Nate Davis. Now, does he get any reps if we are up by 20 in the 4th Quarter? or if Smith is hurt and for some strange reason Carr cannot play either? or what if he shows that he should be the starter for our team, I mean he possibly could be better than Carr at this point, maybe better than Smith come preseason, I mean Nate isnt that far behind like everyone is making it seem.

Adam Schefter

exactly. link to this so-called "buzz" or it didn't happen.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Strictly a guess but is this buzz Patrick Willis saying the 3 QB's we had were all better than David Carr ?

There is no buzz around the NFL about Nate Davis but there is one around 49er fans because of his play with a stripped down simplified version of the offense vs 3rd and 4th stringers.
  • seanh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Strictly a guess but is this buzz Patrick Willis saying the 3 QB's we had were all better than David Carr ?

There is no buzz around the NFL about Nate Davis but there is one around 49er fans because of his play with a stripped down simplified version of the offense vs 3rd and 4th stringers.

This.
If Davis gets any regular season reps then that means Carr is hurt. Beside, when do you expect us to be up by 20 and against who would we be up.

Is Davis beating out Carr for the 2nd spot. If not, why would he then be put into a game. Define your scenario for Alex being taken out of the game, Carr not being put in and Davis playing. In my mind there is only 2 ways it can happen. Alex gets hurt and so does Carr. Or Davis beats out Carr for the 2nd spot. Not even in the final game of the season, if we were up by 20 in the final 5 mins would the 3rd string QB be brought into a game when the 2nd stringer hasn't played.
Share 49ersWebzone