There are 216 users in the forums

Will Nate Davis get any regular season Reps?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Nate Davis get any regular season Reps?

Not without an injury. He'll be the emergency QB every week and won't get into any games unless Smith and Carr are unable to play.
If we had two options I would have voted no and don't care. Enough with the Nate Davis routine. I like Nate Davis. He may be a pretty good QB someday. But he is a 2nd year 5th round draft pick. He isn't ready.
Originally posted by lamontb:
So Nate Davis has a buzz around the NFL? What

news to me as well
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by prime21:
From what Ive been seeing and hearing is, there is a buzz around the NFL about Nate Davis. Now, does he get any reps if we are up by 20 in the 4th Quarter? or if Smith is hurt and for some strange reason Carr cannot play either? or what if he shows that he should be the starter for our team, I mean he possibly could be better than Carr at this point, maybe better than Smith come preseason, I mean Nate isnt that far behind like everyone is making it seem.

Link to the "buzz"?

And, he is that far behind Smith and Carr. He has yet to take part in a full off-season program and his game action has been at the end of pre-season games. Both Smith and Carr have a significant number of starts in the league and have seen and experienced things while playing that Davis never has.

Davis may end up being better than Smith and/or Carr but if the 49ers want to win in 2010, its going to be with either Smith or Carr at QB. If Davis get significant playing time, it probably means the season has unraveled, much like the 2007 season did when the 49ers started 4 different QBs.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
Those who think highly of Davis should be troubled by the signing of Carr. Unless we are missing something, Carr was brougth in to be #2 (or #1) then he will stand in the way of Davis' chances. If Smith falters, Carr is more likely the one to be sent in, not Davis.

No, its should not be troubling to Davis-backers. Before Carr was signed, if Smith got hurt, Hill was the next option. Nothing has changed as it relates to Davis. The only way he gets significant playing time this year is if the season unravels and Smith and Carr are either hurt or ineffective. 2011 or 2012 might be a different story.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No need to rush him...he will be our next great QB in 2 years

Man i trully hope this to be the case!
From what Ive been seeing and hearing is, there is a buzz around the NFL about Nate Davis.

Citation needed.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YorkHater:
Nate Davis is better than Alex Carr

Bringing him on slowly is the best thing we can do for this kid. Check out my post: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=139179
If Alex stinks it up outta the gate and carr gets hurt or plays just as bad as smith, then YES we will see Nate Davis playing some real minutes this year because coach sing will do whatever it takes to win even it means prematurely throwing Nate into the starting role.(

Originally posted by YorkHater:
Nate Davis is better than Alex Carr

Yes their are some that believe you can win by running around and throwing the ball out of bounds, then punt. Alex Carr is about the same.. No head for the game, Nate Daivis does have the head. Everyone will know in a couple of years wether he is in SF or not.

Hill is a better back up than Alex Smith so the QB carosel is just starting again.

We did a nice job in free agency by letting Simms and Pashos go without any other free agent lineman. I dont care who the QB is at this point it does not look good for any of them with this OL.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we could bring him in with a 20pt lead in the 4th, but other than the rams, when is that going to happen? Have you been watching the last decade?
I like Nate, but he and I will throw the exact same number of regular season passes: ZERO.
Originally posted by kem99:
From what Ive been seeing and hearing is, there is a buzz around the NFL about Nate Davis. Now, does he get any reps if we are up by 20 in the 4th Quarter? or if Smith is hurt and for some strange reason Carr cannot play either? or what if he shows that he should be the starter for our team, I mean he possibly could be better than Carr at this point, maybe better than Smith come preseason, I mean Nate isnt that far behind like everyone is making it seem.

Link to the "buzz"?

Seriously.

I'd also like it explained to me how one of the options is getting a 3rd round pick for someone who has never thrown a regular season pass in the NFL and was taken in the 5th round the year before.

Fact is that every single sh!tty team has fans that are convinced that they have a guy at the end of their QB depth chart who is going to be the savior a couple years down the line. These QBs go by names like Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey, Cody Pickett, and Nate Davis. You might remember them.
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k him

ditto!!

Because he looked ok agaisnt 3rd stringers everyone on his nu* sac*.
Share 49ersWebzone