LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Shaun Hill Traded

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wow we traded our best QB for a 7th round pick.... Good luck Shaun ...
7th rounder? That's kinda sad for him.
What you guys gotta remember is, every team knows Hill would be released. So why would they give up a 4th around pick for a guy that they could get for nothing. Just be glad we got something for him.
Damn i cant believe the Lions are stupid enough to trade for him
when he could of been easily available when we cut him sooner or later
extra picks are always nice.

Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Have fun shovling snow Noodles.

I cant believe you guys. Hill was the only spark that we have seen at the QB position since Jeff Garcia. Alex Smith has all the physcial tools, but when it comes down to it, he just isn't a good QB. The way Shaun Hill played was not pretty, but he had HEART. I wish Alex had half the heart that Shaun did. You guys make it sound like our team is better now without Hill.

Also, whats up with all the disrespect towards Hill? He was a 9er. He never opened his mouth about being demoted to 3rd string after saving Nolans job and was always a class act. Screw you "fans" who keep calling him Noodle. He was one of our players.
Originally posted by fister30:
Wow, Shaun Hill has produced a 7th round draft choice for the niners on his way out. What are the odds that Alex brings anything of value when he is shown the door?

Exactly
7th round picks are generally pretty worthless but its more than I thought we could get for Hill. Really surprised a team would trade for Hill to tell you the truth.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Nice. Didn't think we'd get anything for him. Plus with it being the Lions its a very early 7th round pick.
Originally posted by iamtheman698:
Wow we traded our best QB for a 7th round pick.... Good luck Shaun ...

thats why he got traded right?
Trade for draft pick better than outright release. At least we get something.

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
At least we got something.

this
Goodbye and good luck Shaun!

Thanks for everything.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Thanks for everything.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Thanks for everything.
Are you kidding me - a seventh round pick. We couldn't even get a 5th or 6th for him. That is ridiculous.

I have to admit though, he pulled a lot of wins out of games he played ugly. So if you are judging him on his "film", he is not a very good QB. If you judge him on clutch play (with some luck thrown in), then he is a guy you want on your team.
Share 49ersWebzone