There are 282 users in the forums

Josh Morgan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by DrofThuganomics:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Morgan has played well, but Crabtree needs to get the ball more. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Crabtree was blocking real well tonight.

It is still early in his career, but he looks like another McClueless epic fail, not producing the way a 10th overall pick should have. Dez Bryant looks like a better pick up than Crabtree, granted he has Romo throwing to him, but that punt return was nice as hell.

^epic fail

It's an epic fail if you think that Crabtree has been worth 10 overall so far. Hindsight, I would rather had had Orakpo, Cushing, Harvin, Matthews, Vonte Davis, Knox, or Nicks.

It is still very early, but you're insane if you think he has been worth 10 overall

Vernon Davis never looked like a #6 overall, or even a first rounder, until last season.
I'm officially on the Josh Morgan and 14-2 bandwagon.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
We need to start putting Crabtree in the slot and finding ways to get him the ball. He can make people miss and take it to the house on any given play.

He's clearly a mega talent that was definitely worth the #10.

Worth a try, but I haven't seen the mega talent ability, a few great catches, he's so inconsistent.

And where is the double coverage people say he has been seeing? Why would anyone double cover someone who drops 5 yard passes? and 48 receptions in 13 games, which gives him about 3.5 catches per game for his career. Why in Gods name would you double cover someone like that?

[ Edited by DrofThuganomics on Sep 20, 2010 at 22:25:25 ]
he's playing very, very well.
NT thinks Josh Morgan sucks.
NT thinks Crabs Sucks.
NT said gore should be 2nd string

NT=

lol
One head scratching thing I noticed about Morgan tonight is that he at least twice put one knee on the ground while catching a waist level pass. That is a silly habit and he needs to stop that nonsense. But other than that pretty good game for the guy; he made some good plays.
very solid player, seems like we get one late round gem from the draft every year
Morgan has played well, but Crabtree needs to get the ball more. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Once Crabtree learns playbook and route running he will get the ball more. The guy only knows a dozen or so plays. He came on last year knowing only five specific pass plays.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Once Crabtree learns playbook and route running he will get the ball more. The guy only knows a dozen or so plays. He came on last year knowing only five specific pass plays.

How do you know this? You guys that are dogging on Crabtree are crazy, he was a steal at #10, has phenomenal hands, and runs great routes.
Originally posted by irishluder:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

How do you know this? You guys that are dogging on Crabtree are crazy, he was a steal at #10, has phenomenal hands, and runs great routes.

i agree dude crabtree was a steal. the guy is so shifty, he makes people miss everytime he touches the ball. his hands need to get better tho, hes dropped a lot of passes this early in his career already but so did the great JR. once crabs learns the playbook he will be in the right spot, i think smith is staying away from him because he isnt confident crabs will be in the right place like what happened last week.

Will be in my starting line up for my fantasy team next week.
Originally posted by kstolai:

It is still early in his career, but he looks like another McClueless epic fail, not producing the way a 10th overall pick should have. Dez Bryant looks like a better pick up than Crabtree, granted he has Romo throwing to him, but that punt return was nice as hell.

^epic fail

It's an epic fail if you think that Crabtree has been worth 10 overall so far. Hindsight, I would rather had had Orakpo, Cushing, Harvin, Matthews, Vonte Davis, Knox, or Nicks.

It is still very early, but you're insane if you think he has been worth 10 overall

Vernon Davis never looked like a #6 overall, or even a first rounder, until last season.

^epic fail

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

^epic fail

Why has the Morgan thread been hijacked to a Crabtree thread?
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Morgan killed it in New Orleans. I think a lot of it has to do with teams needing to use their best pass defenders with Crabtree and Davis. Seems like Morgan is starting to slip through the cracks. I really don't base that on anything but lack of production from Crabs and Davis.

Loved that play where it was a quick pass to Morgan at the line and Crabtree blocked out a guy for like a 10 yard gain. I think the more jamming, picking and blocking those 2 guys can do for each other the better.

Seems like in the Seahawks game, Morgan was forgotten and we were surprised to find Davis covered every time. Saints game had such an awesome balance of pass and run. I wonder if we'll see more of that. Good to see Morgan stepping up!
Share 49ersWebzone