There are 187 users in the forums

In My Opinion, I Feel Like the 49ers Need...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Usain Bolt!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are pretty slow other than Vernon Davis. There is not a lot of exposiveness on this team.

Agree we need more on this team
If we need speed, let's make this a complete list: let's see about drafting somebody who can get our offensive plays into the QB in time to avoid a timeout or a delay of game penalty, before we even talk about some speedy WR, RB or whatever. Getting plays in on time is essential, and one of the many reasons peyton is so good is that he has 25 seconds to evaluate the D on each play, and adjust the call accordingly. Sometimes he has enough time to make 2 adjustments.

WE, on the other hand, spend all game barely getting the play in on time to Alex, who then has no time to read the D , and is dam lucky just to get the play off in time. You want speed? Start there. Yes, i am saying our OC needs to make his brain work faster, and yes, he needs to be planning 1-2 plays in advance...none of which he has done. JimmyR spends so much time trying to figure out what play to call that he hinders our O on virtually every offensive snap...and THAT IS offensive. Won' t cost us a draft choice either.

As for drafting speedy WRs, or RBs, let's just concentrate on drafting really fast guys on OL who are tough, strong and quick. This business about being able to draft a starting OG in the 2nd, 3rd rounds has been debunked enough to where even mcCLOWN knows that is rubbish. As for OTs, draft 'em high in the first, and we are a team that needs 3(THREE) starting O linemen. Pay one high dollar FA offensive lineman who is all pro, or thereabouts. Then draft 2 starters with our 1st two picks.

This is a team with an OL that is as poor as they come. You can argue about who should stay and who should go, but staley and sims have proved to be starters, and i am hopeful with Foerster gone Scolari will be a huge improvement...heck, maybe he can even bring chilo back to life. How anybody could want foerster is beyond my imagination, but wouldn't you know it is Washington and danny snyder, taking yet another failed experiment off our hands.
Once again, we the 49er fans, thank you danny. What i can't figure out is why bigMIke couldn't figure out by himself that foerster was a lousy OL coach. That makes our HC look weaker than he already is.

Sorry that you guys who want Reggie bush speed are gonna be disappointed in the draft. We are taking OLs until we can get real talent from OT to OT. Right now we are 3/5 short of a decent line. THAT is where we have to start. If CLOWN fails to do this again, he should be fired...immediately.
After Singletary gets his OT, then Spiller...great speed in the backfield and KR. If he's gone, then go after Gilyard. Both guys have the speed and game-breaking abilities we lack now.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
All the speedy players in the world can't make up for a bad OLINE.

Draft sign build o-line before the sexy pick talk.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
If we need speed, let's make this a complete list: let's see about drafting somebody who can get our offensive plays into the QB in time to avoid a timeout or a delay of game penalty, before we even talk about some speedy WR, RB or whatever. Getting plays in on time is essential, and one of the many reasons peyton is so good is that he has 25 seconds to evaluate the D on each play, and adjust the call accordingly. Sometimes he has enough time to make 2 adjustments.

WE, on the other hand, spend all game barely getting the play in on time to Alex, who then has no time to read the D , and is dam lucky just to get the play off in time. You want speed? Start there. Yes, i am saying our OC needs to make his brain work faster, and yes, he needs to be planning 1-2 plays in advance...none of which he has done. JimmyR spends so much time trying to figure out what play to call that he hinders our O on virtually every offensive snap...and THAT IS offensive. Won' t cost us a draft choice either.

As for drafting speedy WRs, or RBs, let's just concentrate on drafting really fast guys on OL who are tough, strong and quick. This business about being able to draft a starting OG in the 2nd, 3rd rounds has been debunked enough to where even mcCLOWN knows that is rubbish. As for OTs, draft 'em high in the first, and we are a team that needs 3(THREE) starting O linemen. Pay one high dollar FA offensive lineman who is all pro, or thereabouts. Then draft 2 starters with our 1st two picks.

This is a team with an OL that is as poor as they come. You can argue about who should stay and who should go, but staley and sims have proved to be starters, and i am hopeful with Foerster gone Scolari will be a huge improvement...heck, maybe he can even bring chilo back to life. How anybody could want foerster is beyond my imagination, but wouldn't you know it is Washington and danny snyder, taking yet another failed experiment off our hands.
Once again, we the 49er fans, thank you danny. What i can't figure out is why bigMIke couldn't figure out by himself that foerster was a lousy OL coach. That makes our HC look weaker than he already is.

Sorry that you guys who want Reggie bush speed are gonna be disappointed in the draft. We are taking OLs until we can get real talent from OT to OT. Right now we are 3/5 short of a decent line. THAT is where we have to start. If CLOWN fails to do this again, he should be fired...immediately.

1- Show me where the mystery of being able to draft starting OL in the middle rounds has been debunked. That is false.

2- Snyder is not the reason Foerster went to Washington, Shanny is. He is the one putting together his staff.

3- And we can get Reggie Bush type speed or guys with great game speed in the draft, those guys can be had in the middle rounds not just the 1st and 2nd rounds and history has shown that as well. There are lots of options for us.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
After Singletary gets his OT, then Spiller...great speed in the backfield and KR. If he's gone, then go after Gilyard. Both guys have the speed and game-breaking abilities we lack now.

So does Golden Tate.
Originally posted by Crown:
All the speedy players in the world can't make up for a bad OLINE.

Draft sign build o-line before the sexy pick talk.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I definitely agree we need more speed. We definitely need to address this ASAP, whether that's bringing Reggie Bush in, or drafting someone like a CJ Spiller or Dexter McCluster. Needs to be addressed
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I definitely agree we need more speed. We definitely need to address this ASAP, whether that's bringing Reggie Bush in, or drafting someone like a CJ Spiller or Dexter McCluster. Needs to be addressed

I was pretty high on going after Bush, but I have to admit my opinion has changed after watching Sunday's game. Yeah, he is good, but he is no Percy Harvin! That kid looked awesome!

I've seen very little film on Spiller and he looks like he could be our Harvin-type player.

Not to beat a dead horse to death, but while we are at it, looking at the Vikes, saints, jets, and INdy, what do they all have in common? Great OLs, altho peyton makes up for whatever the INdy OL lacks. Great teams start with great OLs, and it has been that way since vince lombardi led his packers to the first SB win. Without a great OL, you are wasting the good efforts of QBs, Wrs, TEs, and RBs. You have to have a great OL to succeed. We don't and we haven't (succeeded). I am a bit morose about our future, in that our GM doesn't get it. Prediction: if Clown doesn't draft and/or FA 3 starters for our OL, he shouldn't be our GM next yr...or this one either, for that matter. But that is just my opinion. It is not sexy, it is just true. Unfortunately, our HC doesn't understand that either.

Out of left field we get a dumb lucky break. Bigmike was going to keep foerster, who he had "coaching failure" written all over him. We literally slopped into Solari. I just hope he remembers 10% of what he watched McKittrick do. When your HC and GM both miss the "build OL first" rule, that is not good news for our team. Hopefully solari can change that, because only thing worse than our OL was our OL coach. Maybe 2010 will be our yr to win more than we lose...but in large part, that is dependent on our OL, and folks we need 3 starters there.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Not to beat a dead horse to death, but while we are at it, looking at the Vikes, saints, jets, and INdy, what do they all have in common? Great OLs, altho peyton makes up for whatever the INdy OL lacks. Great teams start with great OLs, and it has been that way since vince lombardi led his packers to the first SB win. Without a great OL, you are wasting the good efforts of QBs, Wrs, TEs, and RBs. You have to have a great OL to succeed. We don't and we haven't (succeeded). I am a bit morose about our future, in that our GM doesn't get it. Prediction: if Clown doesn't draft and/or FA 3 starters for our OL, he shouldn't be our GM next yr...or this one either, for that matter. But that is just my opinion. It is not sexy, it is just true. Unfortunately, our HC doesn't understand that either.

Out of left field we get a dumb lucky break. Bigmike was going to keep foerster, who he had "coaching failure" written all over him. We literally slopped into Solari. I just hope he remembers 10% of what he watched McKittrick do. When your HC and GM both miss the "build OL first" rule, that is not good news for our team. Hopefully solari can change that, because only thing worse than our OL was our OL coach. Maybe 2010 will be our yr to win more than we lose...but in large part, that is dependent on our OL, and folks we need 3 starters there.

Via MM from yesterday :

Quote:

The Colts' line is comprised of a bunch of castoffs. The Colts have tried unsuccessfully to upgrade via the draft. In 2007 and '08, the Colts invested second-round picks in tackle Tony Ugoh (they traded their first pick in '08 to the 49ers to move up to get him) and guard Mike Pollak..

But Ugoh and Pollak have been disappointments. Pollak lost his starting job to an undrafted first-year player. And Ugoh was beaten out by unheralded fourth-year player Charlie Johnson at left tackle.

Colts offensive line

LT Charlie Johnson: Sixth-round pick, 2006

LG Ryan Lilja: Claimed off waivers from Chiefs, 2004

C Jeff Saturday: Undrafted free agent, 1999

RG Kyle DeVan: Undrafted free agent, 2008

RT Ryan Diem: Fourth-round pick, 2001

Behind this line, Peyton Manning was sacked an NFL-low 13 times this season.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I was pretty high on going after Bush, but I have to admit my opinion has changed after watching Sunday's game. Yeah, he is good, but he is no Percy Harvin! That kid looked awesome!

I've seen very little film on Spiller and he looks like he could be our Harvin-type player.

Bush definitely didn't have a great game. Still though depending on the money he is looking for. I like the idea of adding Reggie Bush.

Yeah you're right, thanks man! Back to the basics or fundamentals of football. We really do need to fix this O-Line (which I pray that we do), fix the Coach (bring in Marty Schottenheimer) & GM (someone who actually knows how to build a team from nothing into something).
Originally posted by Quitugua:

Yeah you're right, thanks man! Back to the basics or fundamentals of football. We really do need to fix this O-Line (which I pray that we do), fix the Coach (bring in Marty Schottenheimer) & GM (someone who actually knows how to build a team from nothing into something).

I'm pretty sure we got a new O-Line coach and a good one at that. You did know that didn't you. And by the way, how many post season games or BB's did Marty win? Food for thought.
Share 49ersWebzone