LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Michael Robinson HAS TO GO!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by teeohh:
Mike Hart vs. Michael Robinson

I had never looked at Robinson's stats before

But look at MRobs second season stats in comparison to Harts.

MRob was a victim of Martz last season.

And this season he's primarily a ST player.

I think his numbers are a reflection more on the Coordinators not having an idea how to use him best when he does see time in the Offense.

But yeah let's just cut a solid player based on the stats.

Hell who's more dangerous in the Tazer? Spurlock or MRob?

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jan 20, 2010 at 14:29:57 ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
This guy is crying because our 3rd string RB isnt producing?
Hes one of the best ST players int he NFL..
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's one of the best ST players in the NFL. Pick another target. Can we please....

Did Robinson make the pro bowl? NO! Could we have used production from our 3rd RB this season? YES! Sounds like a legitimate argument to me.

did our special teams allow a TD? NO thread over!!!

Percy Harvin...

but yeah, other than that our coverage team was outstanding.
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
The guy takes up a roster spot as our 3rd RB, yet he's virtually useless as a RB. Ok, I take that back. HE IS USELESS AS A RB!

We are all aware of Robinson being a great leader, but teams only carry three RB's during the season. With Robinson taking up a roster spot as a RB, we are forced to cut or demote younger players (Kory Sheets, Thomas Clayton) who may have developed into solid contributors.

Another example of Robinson being a hinderance can be explained with the help of what transpired today in my little town of Vancouver, BC. The reigning CFL rookie of the year is a RB named Martell Mallet (23yo, 6'0", 195lbs), who is also a good kick returner. He was signed today by the Eagles. We need a solid kick returner, but guys like Mallet will stay off of our radar as long as Robinson continues to become a mainstay for the 49ers.

I enjoy the Robinson Report, but other than that, I see no point in the 49ers carrying a RB who isn't a good runner.

I second this notion. This is a no-brainer

Glad you can see that there is no collective thought process involved here.

But why second it if you know that it's an ignorant posting.

I mean let's be honest shall we? Even Gore suffered early last season when Martz and JTO were running things. You think MRob is going to have spectacular numbers? Don't see it.

And this past season MRob did what was asked of him. And did it pretty well. Hell I would rather have had him returning Punts over Battle who I got nothing but Raspeck for, but whom is not a very good Return man. At least when MRob gets a head of steam up he's gonna put someone out of the game. May not have much in yards per return but entertaining at least. Battle? I don't see it happening.

So you might want to rethink seconding an opinion you know to be devoid of intelligent thought. lol

~Ceadder
im a big PSU fan and love MRob....but I never ever ever want to see the ball in his hands as a niner. he is horrendous. u cant close your eyes and run forward and over guys in the nfl. he has zero skills with the ball in his hands. if we wanna keep him for st whatever...i see that.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The fact MRob has been all but non-existent in the mainstream of the offense tells me the coaches don't have faith in him. If that's true, then that does support that he's not pulling his weight as a RB. I like the guy...but, when you look at all the playoff teams, they're a minimum of 4 deep in quality RB's. We're not, and MRob is one reason why. He shouldn't even be a RB...that's not his thing. The point is, we lack quality depth at the position...and he's part of the reason why.

Exactly!
  • evil
  • Veteran
The fact MRob has been all but non-existent in the mainstream of the offense tells me the coaches don't have faith in him. If that's true, then that does support that he's not pulling his weight as a RB. I like the guy...but, when you look at all the playoff teams, they're a minimum of 4 deep in quality RB's. We're not, and MRob is one reason why. He shouldn't even be a RB...that's not his thing. The point is, we lack quality depth at the position...and he's part of the reason why.

Exactly!

Doc go find out who Steve Tasker was and what he meant to the Bills offense.

/thread.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Exactly!

/thread.

You expecting someone that thinks Michael Robinson has no value to do research and understand what Steve Tasker did for the Bills? Some fans just don't follow the game outside of their favorite WR/QBs/RBs. Special teams is just something to do between changes of possession apparantly.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Exactly!

/thread.

I know who Tasker is, and he was carried by the Bills as a WR. A lot more spots available at WR compared to RB.

So Robinson is Tasker now? Fine! Make him our backup FB then. The fact of the matter is that Robinson is a very poor RB. He has a bruising style, but doesn't even get opportunities in short yardage. He's two yards and a cloud of dust.

All I'm saying is that the 49ers can use better production from our 3rd RB when he is given to opportunity to play. When Coffee was hurt, we needed another guy back there who can play. And we struggled in the running game because we didn't have that guy.

Off the top of my head, here are some #3 RB's who helped their teams this year:
Tashard Choice - Dallas
LaRod Stephens-Howling - Zona
Jason Snelling - Falcons
Bernard Scott - Bengals
Quinton Ganther - Skins
Mewelde Moore - Steelers
Mike Bell - Saints
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
The guy takes up a roster spot as our 3rd RB, yet he's virtually useless as a RB. Ok, I take that back. HE IS USELESS AS A RB!

We are all aware of Robinson being a great leader, but teams only carry three RB's during the season. With Robinson taking up a roster spot as a RB, we are forced to cut or demote younger players (Kory Sheets, Thomas Clayton) who may have developed into solid contributors.

Another example of Robinson being a hinderance can be explained with the help of what transpired today in my little town of Vancouver, BC. The reigning CFL rookie of the year is a RB named Martell Mallet (23yo, 6'0", 195lbs), who is also a good kick returner. He was signed today by the Eagles. We need a solid kick returner, but guys like Mallet will stay off of our radar as long as Robinson continues to become a mainstay for the 49ers.

I enjoy the Robinson Report, but other than that, I see no point in the 49ers carrying a RB who isn't a good runner.

I mean let's be honest shall we? Even Gore suffered early last season when Martz and JTO were running things. You think MRob is going to have spectacular numbers? Don't see it.

And this past season MRob did what was asked of him. And did it pretty well. Hell I would rather have had him returning Punts over Battle who I got nothing but Raspeck for, but whom is not a very good Return man. At least when MRob gets a head of steam up he's gonna put someone out of the game. May not have much in yards per return but entertaining at least. Battle? I don't see it happening.

So you might want to rethink seconding an opinion you know to be devoid of intelligent thought. lol

~Ceadder

This guys talking about "intelligent thought" and suggesting that Robinson return kicks and punts. He continues by saying that "MRob" can run people over and "put someone out of the game" with his head full of steam! This quote is the best, "(Robinson) may not have much in yards per return but entertaining at least."

Thanks for the "intelligent" feedback! Keep it coming!

-doc_brown_

[ Edited by doc_brown_ on Jan 20, 2010 at 15:15:32 ]

I've edited the original post!
The guys stinks as a real RB... why the 49ers would pick him in the 4th round is beyond me. He hasn't shown much ability on offense, and he isn't going to do any trick plays for us. His carries have been less and less. Why is he still on the team? Its not like its hard to find good RB's coming out of college. If our top two RB's get hurt, its going to be Robinson that carries the team? I don't think so.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

This guys talking about "intelligent thought" and suggesting that Robinson return kicks and punts. He continues by saying that "MRob" can run people over and "put someone out of the game" with his head full of steam! This quote is the best, "(Robinson) may not have much in yards per return but entertaining at least."

Thanks for the "intelligent" feedback! Keep it coming!

-doc_brown_

Compared to my "intelligent thought" yours couldn't fill a thimble.

But let's look at it shall we?

You believe I said that MRob SHOULD be returning Punts. Correct? This is what you think I said?

You need a course in Reading Comprehension.

I basically stated that if it were down to MRob or Battle as our only option at PR, then I would take MRob. That's not saying that I want him as our PR. That's saying that I think he has better value at it than Battle.

ALSO...

I noticed you CONVENIENTLY bypassed the point that MRobs numbers have been negatively impacted by the Coordinators we've had as well as being solely used as a ST player this past season.

I ALSO pointed out that he has better stats than Hart does in HIS second season. So all things being equal MRob is a better player statistically than Hart.

So you wanna try that again or you good now?

Don't make me embarrass you further. You do it pretty well on your own. But I will if you push it.

Oh yeah he;s also the EMERGENCY QB since we don't roll with 3 of them from game to game. If QB1 and QB2 get injured SOMEONE has to take snaps.

Oh and btw. MARTZ was the reason MRob hardly got any carries 2 seasons ago. Look at his YPC before you talk out your bum again. His YPC was SOLID in his Sophmore season. That from a guy that "closes his eyes and tries to run people over".

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jan 20, 2010 at 18:05:51 ]
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's one of the best ST players in the NFL. Pick another target. Can we please....

Did Robinson make the pro bowl? NO! Could we have used production from our 3rd RB this season? YES! Sounds like a legitimate argument to me.

did our special teams allow a TD? NO thread over!!!

Yea, percy harvin. The ST also scored a TD as well.
Okay since some really smart people won't shut up about how useless MRob is...

In '07 his Sophmore season he had 26 attempts for 126 yards. Which is a 4.7 average.

This season Mike Hart had 26 attempts for 70 yards, Which is a 2.7 average. Also HIS Sophmore season.

In fact MRobs numbers were UP from his Rookie season to his Sophmore season.

38 Att, 116 yards, for a 3.1 Avg.

Mike Harts Rookie season?

2 Att., 9 yards. 4.5 Avg.

MRob > Mike Hart

Gore didn't have the season he COULD have had because of Martz. MRobs carries tanked that same season as well. I would think that some people round here would be able to see that. But until it's presented to them in hand holding fashion they refuse to acknowledge the correlation.

Not like this Line could block well for him anyway even if he does get a carry.

doc you seriously need to learn something about the game before you call out even average players.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jan 20, 2010 at 18:23:25 ]
Share 49ersWebzone