LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

oh oh. Could we be losing Manusky?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by aiiyiiyiii:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Maybe someone wants to speak to Raye.

He would fulfill the Rooney rule for many teams.

Pathetic, but true. Hopefully that's all this is.

Maybe just nervous about Manusky.. he's done a good three years here, his former team is trompled in its own park, their HC vulnerable.

I wonder how much ol' Jimmy gets for a Rooney appearance. Five thou plus expenses?

Nah, maybe someone wants to speak with Johnson on a OC position or something. Doesn't have to be about a HC job.

Exactly only has to be about an elevation of title for a team to contact the other team to inquire about persnnel.

Lord please let it be Foerster.

~Ceadder
FOL
I'd be bummed if it was Johnson or Manusky.

Hopefully it's Sullivan.
I can tell you guys this much Manusky wants to coach at the college level. TRUST ME!!!! I know! The book of Eli! Trust me. He really wants to coach CFB. Infact I beat none of you knew that he wanted to be interviewed for the SDSU position before they hired the Ball State Coach. He has strong ties to the SD area. Still owns a house there. I wouldn't be surprised if the SD coaching spot became avail he'd jump on it.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Hopefully it's Sullivan.

Yeah, I'd be very damn disappointed. -Manusky is the heart of our defense, and Mike Johnson is our dynamic future at OC.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Hopefully it's Sullivan.

Yeah, I'd be very damn disappointed. -Manusky is the heart of our defense, and Mike Johnson is our dynamic future at OC.

Agree
we won't lose Manusky. No one is looking to interview him for HC and we won't grant a DC interview (and if Sing does grant it, then that's it. We're finished, we'll officially be the stupidest, worst run franchise in the league--which we're not, at least not yet, so no reason to get panties in a bunch).

And Johnson is probably still a year or two away from being on people's radar for OC, I would imagine.
Originally posted by wailers15:
I can tell you guys this much Manusky wants to coach at the college level. TRUST ME!!!! I know! The book of Eli! Trust me. He really wants to coach CFB. Infact I beat none of you knew that he wanted to be interviewed for the SDSU position before they hired the Ball State Coach. He has strong ties to the SD area. Still owns a house there. I wouldn't be surprised if the SD coaching spot became avail he'd jump on it.

The Chargers just gave Norv an extension. Unlikely, to say the most.
Heck, we can bring Mike Nolan back as defensive cordinator. I know the Niners defense significantly improved without Mike Nolan, but I have to think that it was the pressure as a headcoach that got to him. He has been very successful elsewhere as a defensive cordinator.

I wouldn't mind Nolan to be back, but of course it is unlikely, and I like Manusky more.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Hopefully it's Sullivan.

Agree

We wont lose Manuski cuz nobody want's him as a head coach and we wont lose Johnson because Sing wants him as our OC of the future.

Quote:
only has to be about an elevation of title for a team to contact the other team to inquire about persnnel.

Nope. They changed the rules a few yrs ago. Now, a team no longer has to allow interviews for assistants below the coordinator level. At least that's my understanding.
None of us want to loss him. But let's be honest were finally a good enough team that a few others are going to want to look at what we've got. FINALLY were respectable again...

Also who are the teams without a head coach, i like to see which owner im going to hate.

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 18, 2010 at 21:07:56 ]
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
If he leaves I hope Manusky gets promoted to DC

Hopefully it's Sullivan.

or Foerster. Only then will Singletary be forced into hiring a respectable OL coach.

-9fA
Originally posted by jaghetersofie:
If he leaves I hope Manusky gets promoted to DC

Manusky IS the DC.

Share 49ersWebzone