When does Manusky contract expire?
Originally posted by jaghetersofie:
If he leaves I hope Manusky gets promoted to DC

Oh you 49ers fan you
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Oh you 49ers fan you

Johnny Lynn could be interviewing for a DC job.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Manusky IS the DC.

Maybe he means Tomsula?

haha yeah my bad
Originally posted by aiiyiiyiii:
MattMaiocco tweet: Singletary said at least one team has requested permission to speak with 49ers assistant (he did not name name or team).

According to NFL rules, Singletary does not have to allow assistant coaches to interview with other teams unless they're being offered a head coaching position. Since it seems unlikely that Jimmy Raye, or any of the position coaches, would be considered for a head coaching spot, that leaves Greg Manusky.

I got a bad feeling about this. We knew Manusky was an up and comer when we hired him, but the way he's got the 49ers defense performing, it could come sooner than we like.

I hope he doesnt go... I hope its the Rams wanting Raye...
Originally posted by Constantine:
MattMaiocco tweet: Singletary said at least one team has requested permission to speak with 49ers assistant (he did not name name or team).

According to NFL rules, Singletary does not have to allow assistant coaches to interview with other teams unless they're being offered a head coaching position. Since it seems unlikely that Jimmy Raye, or any of the position coaches, would be considered for a head coaching spot, that leaves Greg Manusky.

I got a bad feeling about this. We knew Manusky was an up and comer when we hired him, but the way he's got the 49ers defense performing, it could come sooner than we like.

I hope he doesnt go... I hope its the Rams wanting Raye...

Better yet...

FOERSTER.

Maybe they were paying attention to the halftime adjustment and said Boy Howdy we goota git that guy at the end of the season.

~Ceadder

Maybe its a sign and trade with Kurt Schottenheimer!! lol...

Its probably the Jets bugging us again. They'll make him co-HC
this would be some messed up tihs for us, but good for him, if true. wonder what 70+ year old def coordinator is available, since sing likes the experience (sigh).
I have a gut feeling its Wade Phillips wanting to bring Manusky as Dallas DC.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
maybe mike johnson

i could definitely see this happening.

I think you are right, but no worries, Sing already has Zeke Bratkowski lined up. He will bring in the 60's Packers power running scheme!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Mike Johnson or Pete Hoener.

Prior to his stint with Chicago, Hoener spent three seasons with the Arizona Cardinals as both the offensive line coach (2003) and tight ends coach (2001-02). Hoener broke into the NFL coaching ranks with the St. Louis Cardinals (1985-86), tutoring the tight ends while working alongside Jim Hanifan.

In addition to his nine years of NFL experience, Hoener chalks up more than 25 years of college coaching knowledge, including 15 as an offensive coordinator. His coaching stops include Texas A&M (2000), Iowa State (1998-99), Texas Christian (1991-97), Purdue (1989-91), Illinois (1986-88), Indiana State (1978-84), Illinois State (1977) and Missouri (1975-76).

Hoener played football and earned a bachelor’s degree from Bradley University (1974).
Share 49ersWebzone