LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 409 users in the forums

Who remembers / was alive on this great day 15 years ago???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Ive heard a lot of critics say that if they could choose any quarterback from any year to lead their team, they would choose Steve Young from the 1994 49ers team.

He was unstoppable that year, and HAD we kept Deion around for another year, I have no doubt we would have won ring number 6 in 1995.......

Those were the days...........now, we're content with 8-8.
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Ive heard a lot of critics say that if they could choose any quarterback from any year to lead their team, they would choose Steve Young from the 1994 49ers team.

He was unstoppable that year, and HAD we kept Deion around for another year, I have no doubt we would have won ring number 6 in 1995.......

Thats the sad part thats times have come to this after lookin at that vid.
i was only 5 years old when this happened so i didnt even watch! Man i wish we could still play like that.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Mike Shanahan as OC, god bless him, he didn't let up right before the half...he wanted to put teams away early!

jimmy raye take notes you old geezer...

YES! you are sooooo right! Mike Shanahan loved to put teams away and blow them out! He had that killer instinct that the 49ers have been lacking pretty much ever since he left 15 years ago. I miss those days, and I miss him coaching our offense to explosiveness! Is their anybody out there that can bring this back to the 49ers again? Jimmy Raye will never be the answer, and I dont think Singletary knows how to interview these coaches that could become the next Mike Shanahan. Yes we had the players back then, but as you hardcore fans know, it also takes the right coaching and play-calling to put it all together.
I was 13. I had just really started to understand football and 49ers football. (My parents are born and raised from South San Fransisco.) I watched the previous '92 Cowboys and '93 Cowboys beat us. This was truly magical. I prayed that Shannahan would stay in Frisco.

This was a great day. I will never forget what I saw. My dad and I wept afterward.

IT WAS REAL.
15th January, 1995 - Dallas' Waterloo :

I was 12 yrs old, jumpin' for joy with glee all over the living room...

REVENGE was never so sweet than it was that day...

A guy still owes me $200 for that season. We bet $100 each on 9ers and Dallas. I won. Gave him a chance to get his money back double or nothin. I won again.

Moral of the story? Get someone trustworthy and have THEM hold the scratch. That way you get paid.I can honestly say that he's not cruisin the Zone any time soon.

But at least we won AND went to and won the Super Bowl like I said we would.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jan 16, 2010 at 12:02:22 ]
I was 19, had just moved back to the bay area from Humboldt.

What a day man. Watched the game with my dad and uncle.

They let me drink beer all day. I remember being pretty loaded by the 3rd quarter.

Damn we had some good teams back then. We are so far removed from that time.

Its really sad.
teh house was rockin that day. I was scared almost to the end because those a$$hole cryboys always came back to beat us.
senior in HS at ball park pizza sh!tting in my pants loving it. After the sb win i was so mad letting waters go in fa because that one move cost us 2 more sb's. Derrick loville was horrible
Originally posted by ZRF80:

I know I'm speaking for a large majority of the members on this forum when I say that NO ONE IS CONTENT WITH 8-8. So stop trolling and STFU.

I was 38 years old and it was very sweet after having to sit thru 5 other losses to Cowgirls in the playoffs. 1970,1971,1972,1992 & 1993.

Jeff49
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Yup, I was. After this game, it felt like we already won the SB.
Well we had

What a time seems like it was yesterday!!!!!
I was in college watching the game at my apartment and lost my voice I was yelling so much. Made a phone call to my ex roommate after that who was a Cowboy fan and talked some serious crap since Dallas had beaten the niners when we were roomies.
Originally posted by sj49er408:
Mike Shanahan as OC, god bless him, he didn't let up right before the half...he wanted to put teams away early!

jimmy raye take notes you old geezer...

YES! you are sooooo right! Mike Shanahan loved to put teams away and blow them out! He had that killer instinct that the 49ers have been lacking pretty much ever since he left 15 years ago. I miss those days, and I miss him coaching our offense to explosiveness! Is their anybody out there that can bring this back to the 49ers again? Jimmy Raye will never be the answer, and I dont think Singletary knows how to interview these coaches that could become the next Mike Shanahan. Yes we had the players back then, but as you hardcore fans know, it also takes the right coaching and play-calling to put it all together.

That was when we had the Walsh/Holmgren/Shannahan philosophy of smacking the opponent in the mouth immediately after kickoff. Now we have the Nolan/Singletary/Raye philosophy of coming out completely unprepared and falling way behind in the first half and hope the opponent takes it easy in the second half so we can make it look respectable.
Share 49ersWebzone