LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Who remembers / was alive on this great day 15 years ago???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Dude, that Young to Rice TD could not have been any more perfect of a pass.
I was 19 at tha time .........and hella remember PRIMETIME with tha pic in tha ENDZONE that was great.....Also ricky had a very good game ( also DAM we had a great O LINE also)
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Had a friend over who was a big Cowboy fan, and we had bet $500 on the game. He used to take forever in the bathroom and went in before kick-off. I kept yelling to him
"7-0 49ers", "14-0 49ers", "21-0 49ers", he keeps yelling back "F**k you, your full of sh*t". When he finally comes out and sees the score 21-0 he looks like he had seen a ghost, priceless!
I was 34, married, my son was about 12 and we watched the game in my neighbors front yard while having a little block party in Novato.
I was a senior in HS.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
I have watched this game more than any other game ever, by far

Wow, more than the big 16? That's the tape I've worn out. But I certainly agree that it was one of the most important games of dynasty.

Yes, simply because, probably just like everybody else, I HATED the cowboys. To this day they are still my least favorite franchise, and I think that most of their players are extremely overrated.

Ironically, they probably had the best offensive line to ever walk the planet. Emmitt Smith never really impressed me. It sucks that he holds several key RB records. Barry Sanders would own the book......i'm convinced that he could still rush for 1,000 yards. So could Jim Brown
Yup, I was. After this game, it felt like we already won the SB.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
I remember it well. The day before the game I was flying back to San Francisco on Southwest airlines. As we arrived in SF, the steward announcing the gate mentioned the big game. He said was from Dallas and told everybody how the 'boys were gonna kick our keisters the next day. "Sorry folks, you've got a pretty good team here, but the Cowboys are just better." I would've gladly paid the price of another ticket that Monday if I knew I'd be on the same flight as that guy.
I was 45 and living the life in Squaw Valley. Skiing everyday and partying every night [well almost]

This epitomized 49'er football. We were "bad to the bone" on both sides of the ball.

• Veteran

best super bowl performance... ever
I had to work that Superbowl at Guitar Center and had to sneak out every once in a while to watch the game. Thank goodness it was a blowout as I only could see about 15 minutes of the game. Ah, memories...

Good times!
Originally posted by 8008:

best super bowl performance... ever

I'll stick with the goal line stand during XVI.
I was 42 and my wife wouldn't allow me to watch it after breaking the TV 2 years earlier. I watched the highlights on ESPN later that night. I didn't see the game until I got the History DVDs
Originally posted by BigRon:
I was 42 and my wife wouldn't allow me to watch it after breaking the TV 2 years earlier. I watched the highlights on ESPN later that night. I didn't see the game until I got the History DVDs

Share 49ersWebzone