LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Can Chilo make the Pro Bowl in 2010?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can Chilo make the Pro Bowl in 2010?

Apparently Vernon thinks so.

-Chilo Rachal said he was inspired and upset by the criticism of his play when he struggled early in the season. "A lot people were taking shots at me at the beginning of the season," Rachal said. "And they were saying I was the bad guy, and I'm getting mishandled and this and that. But my play is speaking for itself and you guys can clearly see that, and it's just going to get better for next season. This is just the beginning, this is just the tip of the iceberg."

Rachal did settle down after whiffing in pass protection and prompting coaches to rotate him with Adam Snyder. Vernon Davis believes Rachal could has pro bowl potential and could make a huge stride over the off-season.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=54549
I lol'd
I think he just needs better coaching, and I think all the guys need to hit the weights harder.
This line is missing Pro Bowl players. For way too long. It seems he might be the only one on the roster close to making it
Based on his performance for the entire year and the entire OL's performance??? Heck no! I hope he will make it, but if I had to bet money....I'd bet at least $1,000 that he won't make it for the 2010 season.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Wow, not only does he suck, but he's arrogant as well.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Wow, not only does he suck, but he's arrogant as well.

He did get better but maybe we can use the word "confident" rather than "arrogant".
Which might not be a bad thing.
  • dj43
He came out of USC a year early for family financial reasons. Everyone said he would have been a top 10 pick with another year.

So yes, he COULD be a Pro Bowl player in the future but that is a long way off.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
This line is missing Pro Bowl players. For way too long. It seems he might be the only one on the roster close to making it

I'm gonna have to put a no stamp on this.

If he gets better coaching, like someone above said, then we will see a development into a decent, consistent player. The year after that maybe we could consider it.
Originally posted by dj43:
He came out of USC a year early for family financial reasons. Everyone said he would have been a top 10 pick with another year.

a guard picked in the top 10?

ya

I would love it if that happened, but I saw nothing this season that leads me to believe he has a better chance of making the Pro Bowl than I do.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I lol'd

I think I.... Oh, yup! I just SMP!! LMAO!!
He needs to be sent to the locker room first!
Originally posted by Overkill:
I would love it if that happened, but I saw nothing this season that leads me to believe he has a better chance of making the Pro Bowl than I do.

Really? What was your number? How many snaps were you in for?
  • dj43
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by dj43:

a guard picked in the top 10?

ya

I probably should have said, "some" said he could be a top 10 pick. IIRC, that was at the draft when the "experts" were giving their opinions on the players as they were picked.

I like Rachal. He is quicker than Baas and seems beefy enough. I have watched him pretty closely over the past 4 or 5 games and have seen him fire into the second level on occasion and do some good stuff. He just needs PT and better coaching along with better play blending to give OL more of an advantage with better angles.
Share 49ersWebzone