LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 163 users in the forums

49ers likely to play Eagles in London and lose a home game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We will just have to beat up the Eagles in London then
Is there some link on NFL.com that I am not seeing for the list of opponents for teams in 2010 or how does one get it for another team besides the 49ers (seeing as how this Matt Maiocco got it from somewhere)?
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I guess the plus side of this is that it'll be televised nationally. Right??

Yeah

coo then.

I don't think the Patriots - Bucs game was nationally televised though.

I agree, I do not remember that game as national tv. Neither was the Bills game in Toronto.
Originally posted by swim4speed:
This would be a BAD decision by Jed or whoever makes the decision not only lose a home game, but tire out your players with such a long flight and time change.

While I am not in favor of playing a home game in London, the only way I can see this working is if the week before this game, we play a team as far on the east coast as is on our schedule. Then the game in London and the team goes directly there, and a bye the week after. Of course, that means only one game in SF in October (IMHO, the best month for going to games) and a MONTH between games actually held in San Francisco.
Nevermind, made a dumb suggestion. Seventeen weeks, but sixteen games.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Jan 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
This would be a BAD decision by Jed or whoever makes the decision not only lose a home game, but tire out your players with such a long flight and time change.

While I am not in favor of playing a home game in London, the only way I can see this working is if the week before this game, we play a team as far on the east coast as is on our schedule. Then the game in London and the team goes directly there, and a bye the week after. Of course, that means only one game in SF in October (IMHO, the best month for going to games) and a MONTH between games actually held in San Francisco.

That would make sense and obviously have a bye the week after going to London but still that will disrupt our schedule and routine. The 11hr flight is one thing but losing a home game is a really killer IMO.
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:

And being that it is a home game, if there's no bye after we might have to go back on the f**king road as soon as we get back. Not cool.
Why the hell do the Eagles get to keep their home game?
That's bullsh*t!

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
and to only think, if dallas only lost yesterday, we woulda been playing them.

URRGH

I know, I really want us to play Dallas in San Fran, it's been what 6 years since we played the Cowboys at home...

It will happen in '11. Already scheduled.

we played them back in 05 in SF, that was my second game ever to go to, a game that shoulda been ours. Such a heartbreak going home after that game.

Originally posted by tohara3:
We will just have to beat up the Eagles in London then

Originally posted by CainanUK:
Sucks for all my fellow Niners Faithful back in the Bay Area... but it means that I will be able to go see my beloved Niners play for the first time since I moved over here in 2001! I may live here but I am born and bred Bay Area through and through... I will represent!

Hey dude just a question since you live in the UK. Do you think the fans turnout would be more eagles fans than 49ers fans?
I guess the plus side of this is that it'll be televised nationally. Right??

Yeah

coo then.

Bulls**t, We'll be missing out on a home game because of it... And, we obviously play a lot better at home than we do on the road. Plus, I have season tickets! SCREW YOU GOODELL!
great now we'll just get owned by the damn eagles AGAIN this time over seas.
its seriously time to beat these guys for once
The worst part to me is if the Eagles had shown up and beat Dallas this past week we would play Dallas instead next season. Eagles v Niners does not have the same ring to it as Cowboys. (Not to mention we just lost to them THIS season)
Share 49ersWebzone