Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 598 users in the forums

What do we need to improve on to make the playoffs next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Consistency.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Consistency.

I think the offseason will fix that...with Smith taking all the snaps.
Converting 3rd Downs!!! We would be in the playoffs this year if we had done this.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Consistency.

I think the offseason will fix that...with Smith taking all the snaps.

Lets hope it is as simple as that.

This team has not been a winner for the better part of six seasons and that may play into the team's overall mentality. The culture needs to change and that starts with not getting too high after an insignificant win.
Relieve Alex Smith from the QB position.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,133
Originally posted by prime21:
Relieve Alex Smith from the QB position.

Yes.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Posts: 156,344
Originally posted by robduce42:
Converting 3rd Downs!!! We would be in the playoffs this year if we had done this.

QFT
I do not like ANY of our return guys. Battle on punts is just terrible and Morgan on Kickoffs is as slow as an hour glass (in slow motion). It is painful watching this guys run. I even question him as a starting receiver. Has skills to remind you of T.O when he is running except (HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE) lol ...

  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by prime21:
Relieve Alex Smith from the QB position.

Shocked it actually took over an hour for someone to say this lol

With that said offseason priorities as far as positions should go like this:
1. RT
2. LG
3. KR/3rd down back
4. CB
5. SS

Obviously some are much more important then others and need to be the focus.

Other then that consistency on offesne especially on 3rd downs and the defense coming up with a big stop when the team needs it.
Originally posted by kelpie70:
I do not like ANY of our return guys. Battle on punts is just terrible and Morgan on Kickoffs is as slow as an hour glass (in slow motion). It is painful watching this guys run. I even question him as a starting receiver. Has skills to remind you of T.O when he is running except (HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE) lol ...


I think morgan just has an extremely long stride which makes him appear to be slower. He still has a lot of upside as a returner and at WR in my opinion. He's done' better as a KR than anyone else this year on the team that I can remember. That said I wouldn't mind seeing a certain CJ waiting for the ball to drop (no pun intended) in Candlestick next year.
[ Edited by wassmuth49 on Dec 30, 2009 at 4:31 PM ]
Protect our QB and sack the other teams QB.
anthony davis and mike lupati in draft, and peppers and OJ atogwe in free agency.
consistency and an o-line
Without question the number 1 issue is O-line. This offense NEEDS a right tackle and a legit veteran guard. Either left or right guard, doesn't matter cause both Baas and Rachal have been below average. I'd love to see Scotty use 2 of the teams first 3 picks on the O-line.

Either a WR,RB,DB that is fast and excels at kick/punt returns is also a must. Either in FA or the draft, just don't bring Battle or Jones back to return punts.

The team should use the draft to get younger and faster on defense. SS, OLB, TED, and CB could all use a "player in waiting" or a guy that can contribute right away.
[ Edited by AKfanster on Dec 30, 2009 at 6:20 PM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone