There are 225 users in the forums

Reasons why we will not make the playoffs in 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Looks like Im gonna proven right again.

I know. It sucks. Every single one of the NOOB posters who told you things like "you're nuts," or "you know nothing about football," or "you're smoking crack," has up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

They're not coming back for the serving of crow they so richly deserve.

Then again -- we're all 49er fans. We're all in the same boat. We all live and die by this team and this stain-in-your-shorts start has us all on edge.

It wasn't supposed to work this way.

This was supposed to be our year.

Yah nobody is calling us ass clowns lately.

Sucks though because this is the first year my son actually understands winning and losing.

On Sunday he asked me "Dad why do the 49ers suck ?" I told him dont say that, he tells me "but they lose all the time"

I just told him dont worry son one day they will be good again.

And they will (be good again).

And you can enjoy that revival with your son. Because it will happen.

It's just going to be a few more years down the road -- that's all.

Speaking of ACP -- I wonder where he went?
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Sep 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM ]
I hope the Niners go on a 6 game win streak and prove you wrong Susweel!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by verb1der:
I hope the Niners go on a 6 game win streak and prove you wrong Susweel!

I hope it happens.
Originally posted by maximill15:
Anthony davis...I know Im hard on him, but I don't think we need to be throwing a rookie out there just cause...

I disagree. Rather lose and get our top rookies experience. I hope they put Mays in already. We aren't winning any trophy anytime soon....we could still win our wack division, but it's looking like a long shot at this point.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Anthony davis...I know Im hard on him, but I don't think we need to be throwing a rookie out there just cause...

I disagree. Rather lose and get our top rookies experience. I hope they put Mays in already. We aren't winning any trophy anytime soon....we could still win our wack division, but it's looking like a long shot at this point.

I would tend to agree with you on this point. We have the makings of a good offensive line. Probably not this year -- but a year or two down the road? We'll have something really good happening.

Just in time for a our new rookie QB!

I know. It sucks. Every single one of the NOOB posters who told you things like "you're nuts," or "you know nothing about football," or "you're smoking crack," has up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

Then again -- we're all 49er fans. We're all in the same boat. We all live and die by this team and this stain-in-your-shorts start has us all on edge.

Sucks though because this is the first year my son actually understands winning and losing.

On Sunday he asked me "Dad why do the 49ers suck ?" I told him dont say that, he tells me "but they lose all the time"

You are still clowns!

I have to admit that this current situation only magnifies what you guys have been saying about the HC and Alex. Both share the brunt of the offensive woes along with Raye, but what about our D?

The same goes for them as they keep using Haralson and Lawson as their primary rushers and both have been mediocre at best at OLB during their tenure here.

Ever since we hired Nolan we have complained about the same things over and over:
HC--No X and O-type of coach with a proven successful track record...CHECK!
OC--See HC and no WCO--CHECK!!
QB--Same mediocre play from the position since 2005--CHECK!
Pass rushers--Same since 2006, mediocre--CHECK!
NT--No huge fattie since Wilfolk, using 0ne-gap types--CHECK!
CB--Too much mula, too lil playa--CHECK!

So in essence, we have not changed since Nolan was hired. Singletary continued the philosophy with lil HC experience with not enough top personnel to assist him with the football side of things.

Basically, I see the current downfall of HC Singletary, really I do. I see too much doubt. I see reactionary moves when time was there to make difficult choices to prepare for the season. I read doubt in the team about their coaches. I believe that Singletary is starting to lose his team inside.

This is what is scary because all it will take is one Alex interception, one long throw to White or Gonzo or missed tackles for the team to unravel. I see the potential for disbelief now.

This team's psyche is fragile now. Fragile is the last word you want to associate with football.

Still guys, I will continue to root for my team. My expectations though have come plummeting down and that was not fun at all.

I, too, am tired of the losing and the same ol thing especially with all the positive hype coming from players, coaches and camp this year. It was going to be OUR year. Alex was going to be a top flight QB. Our D was going to be top five.

It was all a sick menagerie and I bit in hard.

What's sad is that this is the year my 10 year old daughter is becoming a Niner fan and she's has to see her team just collapse. As I told her during the game, a true fan continues to root for the team even when they are down.

That's a hard lesson to teach right there.

Great sadness ensues...

You guys were right....I have my plate so where my crow, dang it!
the posters who make me cringe are the ones who are going to pop up after and say things like "well all you did was point out the obvious...I knew it too, its just I am a good fan so I showed hope" Yeah Right.
Originally posted by ninertico:

What's sad is that this is the year my 10 year old daughter is becoming a Niner fan and she's has to see her team just collapse. As I told her during the game, a true fan continues to root for the team even when they are down.

Hang in there man. Hang in there. I just have this feeling that the turnaround is going to come sooner than later. If Jed truly has the pulse of this team and the backing of the family -- his next call for head coach will be the RIGHT CALL and we will all get to witness the rebirth of this great and storied franchise.

And our daughters and sons can tell stories of how they got to see it happen.
I'm a diehard Niner fan since my days in the womb! I'm still going strong 40yrs later. But the play of this last decade has tried my patience. The reasons why we will not make the playoffs go like this:
1: Ownership's lack of football knowledge.
2: Administration's lack of football knowledge.
3: Head coach lack of head coaching football knowledge.
4: Lack of talents to compensate for the above lack of football knowledge.

See the pattern here! It's hard to watch but I'm here every Sunday rooting that this season is not a waste. Here's hoping for a revival of this season! Here's hoping for Gruden! Go Niners!

That's one of the saddest stories I've heard on here. f**king Niners get it together. Otherwise we're gonna lose a generation for our fan base. Kids don't like rooting for losers.

• dj43
This season can turn around just as quickly as players see some hope in the Mike Johnson system. If Johnson puts out the kind of open, use everybody type of offense that gets the offense revved up, the defense will find their mojo again quickly.

It is offense, not defense, that inspires both fans and players. Even if they lose to Atlanta, if the offense can score two touchdowns and two field goals, that will be considered progress by the players and things will turn around.

This team still has a legit shot at winning the NFC West if Johnson is what the players think he is.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:

I would tend to agree with you on this point. We have the makings of a good offensive line. Probably not this year -- but a year or two down the road? We'll have something really good happening.

Just in time for a our new rookie QB!

There's 2 point of views to take!

point of view 1: (which I still believe in) We can still turn this around and having a solid player in Barry Sims out there is what we need! Who for the time being won't make these false start mistakes or give up easy sacks based off rookie mistakes, like using poor foot work or taking bad angles. Having barry in there will not prevent our fragile offense from moving the chains! These 5 yard penalties ARE NOT SOMETHING THIS OFFESNE/QB can absorb like a Philip Rivers can! For that reason alone, I want barry sims and synder in for chiloo!

Point of View 2: For those who think the season is already lost (remember we have started out 3-0 plenty of times and missed the playoffs) then yes, getting the rookies seasoned in a lost year is never a bad idea cause you have nothing to lose! And when we get a new qb he will have all the weapons to succeed! But my thought still is go with the CURRENTLY better player, until we know we wont make the playoffs, and then start davis the last 4 games or whatever it is!
Originally posted by ninertico:

Hang in there man. Hang in there. I just have this feeling that the turnaround is going to come sooner than later. If Jed truly has the pulse of this team and the backing of the family -- his next call for head coach will be the RIGHT CALL and we will all get to witness the rebirth of this great and storied franchise.

And our daughters and sons can tell stories of how they got to see it happen.

Exactly!
Originally posted by dj43:
This season can turn around just as quickly as players see some hope in the Mike Johnson system. If Johnson puts out the kind of open, use everybody type of offense that gets the offense revved up, the defense will find their mojo again quickly.

It is offense, not defense, that inspires both fans and players. Even if they lose to Atlanta, if the offense can score two touchdowns and two field goals, that will be considered progress by the players and things will turn around.

This team still has a legit shot at winning the NFC West if Johnson is what the players think he is.

I totally agree with this. We are only 0-3. After this week we will probably be 0-4, but with the hardest part of the season behind us. All we need to do this week is show some improvement and play a competent game. We can easily be 4-4 at the bye week with this schedule. Of the 4 games after Atlanta, the Eagles are the best... but they aren't that good and we play them at home!

The season is far from lost. We have the talent. If they can play like they are capable of playing on a consistent basis then we will have no problem starting the season 4-4 and looking at a much easier schedule down the stretch.
We will not make the playoffs this year because our play-calling on offense is equivalent to that of a varsity high school football team. If you can't win the NFC West you have mad issues. The Buffalo Bills could win this f**king division.
Share 49ersWebzone