LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

49ers new uni's vs. old uni's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So after a complete season of wearing the new threads, my opinion has changed. i came into the season not liking them at all. the pants looked poopy brown to me, i didnt like the crooked stripes, and they seemed too bland.

however, over the season ive grown to like them, and they are becoming normal for me now. i like the cherry red a little better than the dark red.

but what i was wondering is, now that we have the "new" uni's, how are we supposed to refer to the ones we had from 1999-2008? if you say "the old uni's" people may think you mean the candy cain stripe throwbacks.

is there a best way to refer to the 99-08 unis that differentiates them from the throwbacks?

btw i still like the 99-08 ones alot. they look really sharp, and kind of have that advanced look but still simple and classic at the same time. i kinda hope we wear those as throwbacks every now and again.
I don't plan on referring to them at all. With the exception of a couple decent seasons and the Packer and Giants playoff games, an overall pretty depressing period.
But of you must, just call them the Burgundy and Golds.

I like the new unis too, but I still wish they would go back to white shoes.
I love the new uni's
I don't like the new uniforms. I don't like the slanted stripes or the new neckline. I like the colors but still prefer the Uniforms from the late 80's over any others.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

Exactly!
Originally posted by BigRon:
I don't like the new uniforms. I don't like the slanted stripes or the new neckline. I like the colors but still prefer the Uniforms from the late 80's over any others.

I like that is has "49ers" written on the shirts but i liked the SF logo on the sleeve of the old ones. The colour is better though on the new ones.
I don't like the fact that the new uniforms are mesh!! When the players (like Olineman) pull the uniforms super-tight, the mesh becomes..........see-through!! Looks hella cheap when it looks see-through! Watch during the next game when they show a close-up shot.
I totally love the new uniform. Couldn't stand the old ones. The only changes I would make is to go back to last years sleeve design (minus the logo) and maybe the shiny gold for the pants. Even with that said, our uniforms are some of the best in the NFL.
Originally posted by Niners99:
So after a complete season of wearing the new threads, my opinion has changed. i came into the season not liking them at all. the pants looked poopy brown to me, i didnt like the crooked stripes, and they seemed too bland.

however, over the season ive grown to like them, and they are becoming normal for me now. i like the cherry red a little better than the dark red.

but what i was wondering is, now that we have the "new" uni's, how are we supposed to refer to the ones we had from 1999-2008? if you say "the old uni's" people may think you mean the candy cain stripe throwbacks.

is there a best way to refer to the 99-08 unis that differentiates them from the throwbacks?

btw i still like the 99-08 ones alot. they look really sharp, and kind of have that advanced look but still simple and classic at the same time. i kinda hope we wear those as throwbacks every now and again.

I dont, I didnt really like them.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Fix the half ass stripes on the sleeves and change the ugly gray face mask to gold and these uni's are good.
I do not really care for the new red on the uniforms, it looks kinda faded.They are okay I guess. Not the most important aspect of the team anyways.
Originally posted by swim4speed:
I don't like the fact that the new uniforms are mesh!! When the players (like Olineman) pull the uniforms super-tight, the mesh becomes..........see-through!! Looks hella cheap when it looks see-through! Watch during the next game when they show a close-up shot.

The big reason you're seeing teams switch to that type of material is that it breathes better.

The material in these jerseys looks better, but its heavy and doesn't breath very well.

The newer material does look cheap, but it breathes better and helps keep players cool (which they're going to prefer).

Its a bit of a trade-off.

As for what the 49ers should wear as a throwback if we do decide to wear one, go with the throwbacks from the 94 season (which btw, is incorrect in the picture below. The team never wore that jersey combo with the old helmet with the old SF logo).

Essentially the new jersey and the 80s jersey's are the same, just updated. Therefore, that can't be our throwback.

(and that's an awesome picture of Lawson, btw).
[ Edited by linkboy on Dec 28, 2009 at 11:26 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone