There are 850 users in the forums
Chronicle Live needs
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dec 22, 2009 at 3:05 PM
- jesserdumas2
- Veteran
- Posts: 336
I'd take 2 OL in the 1st round after the atrocities I've seen on that unit this season. Baas is soft, no two ways about it. The RT spot needs real talent and soon, and if Chilo doesn't progress greatly in year 3 then that should be changed too. Really, really disappointing unit for 2009. Were it not for Staley and Heitmann, I'd say one of the worst in Niner's history.
Dec 22, 2009 at 3:08 PM
- kronik
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,316
None of them said secondary help? We need at least 1 speedy guy back there
Dec 22, 2009 at 3:08 PM
- FunkNinerFlex
- Veteran
- Posts: 490
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
I'd take 2 OL in the 1st round after the atrocities I've seen on that unit this season. Baas is soft, no two ways about it. The RT spot needs real talent and soon, and if Chilo doesn't progress greatly in year 3 then that should be changed too. Really, really disappointing unit for 2009. Were it not for Staley and Heitmann, I'd say one of the worst in Niner's history.
Now would you say it's the players lack of talent or lack of coaching? We've spent a 1st, 2 2nd and 3rd for Staley, Baas, Rachal and Snyder. And I don't think they've gotten any better.
Dec 22, 2009 at 3:12 PM
- FunkNinerFlex
- Veteran
- Posts: 490
Originally posted by kronik:
None of them said secondary help? We need at least 1 speedy guy back there
It's their most pressing needs. So a pass rush would help the DBs.
Someone awhile ago brought up Clements to FS and Goldson to SS. Brooks from KNBR said Clements does not want to move to FS because he feels he still is a cover corner. But management and $ will dictate what they do with him.
Dec 22, 2009 at 3:12 PM
- backontop
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,346
what!!! no QB on that list. But that would insinuate that the QB position isn't the teams biggest problem like some posters cry about non stop.
Dec 22, 2009 at 4:16 PM
- BigRon
- Legend
- Posts: 14,826
We need Oline help in the worst way and that has to include a new coach. Of the Starters on the oline, I would suggest we have one, Staley. The other 4 are and should be back ups.
Dec 22, 2009 at 4:19 PM
- WillistheWall
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,848
Originally posted by BigRon:
We need Oline help in the worst way and that has to include a new coach. Of the Starters on the oline, I would suggest we have one, Staley. The other 4 are and should be back ups.
Yeah pretty much. Heitmann is a decent center but he's not as great as he's made out to be and the other 3 are terrible.
Dec 22, 2009 at 4:20 PM
- hofer36
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,257
Originally posted by backontop:
what!!! no QB on that list. But that would insinuate that the QB position isn't the teams biggest problem like some posters cry about non stop.
i just knew kawakami, killon and davis were all alexcusers
Dec 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM
- kemp_j
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,733
Talent, Talent, Talent. We need a game changer, whether it's a WR, shut down corner or bull rushing DE/DT. We can't ignore the fact that we don't have PR/KR either. Offensive lineman are a must but maybe not in the first round. Maybe we need to pick up some more veteran lineman if they are available. It will be interesting see how things work when Pashos returns.
Dec 22, 2009 at 5:11 PM
- PRIMETIME21
- Veteran
- Posts: 18,806
haden + spiller, or haden + golden would be good if we got oline down in free agency.
Dec 22, 2009 at 5:13 PM
- chico49erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,961
Chronicle Live needs to AXE greg pappa. that freak is the creepiest host i've ever seen. way to make everyone feel uncomfortable... and that voice. jeeeeezus. he's a child molester, through and through
Dec 23, 2009 at 8:09 PM
- jesserdumas2
- Veteran
- Posts: 336
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
I'd take 2 OL in the 1st round after the atrocities I've seen on that unit this season. Baas is soft, no two ways about it. The RT spot needs real talent and soon, and if Chilo doesn't progress greatly in year 3 then that should be changed too. Really, really disappointing unit for 2009. Were it not for Staley and Heitmann, I'd say one of the worst in Niner's history.
Now would you say it's the players lack of talent or lack of coaching? We've spent a 1st, 2 2nd and 3rd for Staley, Baas, Rachal and Snyder. And I don't think they've gotten any better.
Id say a helping of both. I truly think it's a lack of motivation on both parts. At some point though, something should click inside a professional athlete's head and light a fire under their ass. I really don't see that from Baas. But that's a knock on the player-leadership too. We need some pricks on that unit, and fast. These guys seem like a bunch of real sweethearts.