LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 404 users in the forums

2 things..Activate Nate Davis for last two games, Release Shaun after season.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
well the season is lost... we need to Activate Nate for the final two games...and deactivate some one else....I would say Shaun, but we might need a 3rd QB.

Alex is going to start these next two games.....but if Alex struggles or Alex does great and it's a blowout... we bring in Nate to get some reps....and to get a feel of what we have in him.

then after the season, we release Shaun Hill.... I'm a big Shaun fan as some know, but if the coaching staff "feel" that he can't take the team any further than what he did this year....then we are just wasting his and our time by keeping him on the team.... it also keeps around the same excuse of keeping Alex starting, if he is struggling "omgz no one else is better on our team"....so we get someone "better" than Shaun.....

I say we get Timmy Boy...yes that man named Tim Rattay......he scored TDs with "the worse offensive personal...ever" as some Alex fanboys like to say about the team Alex inherited...... and Rattay has a stronger arm than both Shaun and Alex.....and he did a good job spreading the ball around, calling audibles at the line, and used *gasp* pump fakes.

All I know is yes, there are not too many good QBs going to be available in the off-season... I would rather have Shaun than Pennington....and I would rather have Rattay over the likes of Batch, Matt Moore, etc.

so next year Alex, Rattay, Davis.

its hopeless, but hey I'm depressed right now....and having Rattay back on this team gives me something to look forward to next year......right now I have nothing really to look forward to next year with the 9ers....its the same o'l same o'l.
i think rattay is in an old person's home now...would be hard to qb on wheels :p
Yes activate davis

No dont sign rattay
Originally posted by Afrikan:
well the season is lost... we need to Activate Nate for the final two games...and deactivate some one else....I would say Shaun, but we might need a 3rd QB.

Alex is going to start these next two games.....but if Alex struggles or Alex does great and it's a blowout... we bring in Nate to get some reps....and to get a feel of what we have in him.

then after the season, we release Shaun Hill.... I'm a big Shaun fan as some know, but if the coaching staff "feel" that he can't take the team any further than what he did this year....then we are just wasting his and our time by keeping him on the team.... it also keeps around the same excuse of keeping Alex starting, if he is struggling "omgz no one else is better on our team"....so we get someone "better" than Shaun.....

I say we get Timmy Boy...yes that man named Tim Rattay......he scored TDs with "the worse offensive personal...ever" as some Alex fanboys like to say about the team Alex inherited...... and Rattay has a stronger arm than both Shaun and Alex.....and he did a good job spreading the ball around, calling audibles at the line, and used *gasp* pump fakes.

All I know is yes, there are not too many good QBs going to be available in the off-season... I would rather have Shaun than Pennington....and I would rather have Rattay over the likes of Batch, Matt Moore, etc.

its hopeless, but hey I'm depressed right now....and having Rattay back on this team gives me something to look forward to next year......right now I have nothing really to look forward to next year with the 9ers....its the same o'l same o'l.

Originally posted by ninerfreak:
i think rattay is in an old person's home now...would be hard to qb on wheels :p

actually he is in football shape.
Quade start the reactor....activate ND
  • NickV
  • Veteran

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I know it sounds horrible...but hey, we all have our own ways of getting through this off season...

what would be your ideal way....or do you like how the niners are right now.

but I agree, reading this again...

Quote:
and having Rattay back on this team gives me something to look forward to next year

....that's my BOY man....Tim Rat-ta-tat-tat...neva hesitates to put **** on his back. FOO
wasn't nate helping run the scout team AS A WIDE RECEIVER? i don't think he even has much time in as a qb in our own ray-gun system let alone any time on the scout team as a qb. do you think he will be able to just step on in and start throwing the ball?

i hope i am not coming off as snide, because i wanna see nate too, but not this year.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Dumbest thread ever. LOL we lost to a good team get over it. We arent ready for a playoff push anyway. Everytime we lose the worlds is gonna end for some of you. We have inexperienced coaching deal with it.

Originally posted by NickV:

but this thread is not about just Rattay, its about next year and who we should bring in.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 21, 2009 at 4:36 PM ]
It would be good to see how he does Davis that is.
Newsflash , chief.

Any qb we have can dominate the damn Lions and Rams.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Dumbest thread ever. LOL we lost to a good team get over it. We arent ready for a playoff push anyway. Everytime we lose the worlds is gonna end for some of you. We have inexperienced coaching deal with it.

why is it dumb to think about the future....what are you talking about "everytime we lose the worlds is gonna end" for some of us...

the season is lost....I think there is nothing wrong with having Nate activated just incase.... we already know what Shaun would bring to the table, right?

also, if Shaun has peaked like some of yall and Sing say...then why still have him around... I just suggested another QB to bring in.
Tim Rattay is no better than Alex Smith when it comes to INT's.

31 TD's 23 INT. Int's are killers when it comes to close games!

You sure you want this kind of QB on your team?

http://www.nfl.com/players/timrattay/profile?id=RAT659964
Share 49ersWebzone