LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 358 users in the forums

2 things..Activate Nate Davis for last two games, Release Shaun after season.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
no. absolutely, whole-heartedly no.

Alex, Shaun, Davis going into next year.

But I wouldn't be sad seeing Nate Davis trying on his pro football shoes in a 4th quarter here or there. Why would we cut Shaun Hill? He is a serviceable back-up. Alex Smith WILL be our starter next year. People need to realize this and deal with it.

because its a waste of time....why have him around....fans on here and Singletary said that he took us as far as he could and it was time to move on because it wasn't enough, apparently......

so we bring in someone else, who is better....who has a stronger arm....so there will be no EXCUSE FOR STICKING WITH ALEX IF HE IS PLAYING LIKE SH1T!

its best for the team.

edit- It doesn't have to be Rattay...this thread is NOT about Rattay....we just have to bring in someone else as a back up.

That's the problem: there just doesn't seem to be many good options for free-agent QB's next year.

I'd agree with you if we brought in Jeff Garcia. But let's be realistic -- our management has some sort of RIDICULOUS "pride" that wouldn't allow us to pick him up. Other than that... I don't see any upgrades. But you have to know that Alex will be our starter in 2010. I'm all for Jeff Garcia tho -- that ugly throw, scrambling ability, accuracy. He at least made the offense move down the field. Afrikan -- my question to you is: even with Jeff Garcia or another option, if we do not address our O-Line this offseason, how could anyone succeed? And if our line is fixed, do you see Alex playing better?
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
well the season is lost... we need to Activate Nate for the final two games...and deactivate some one else....I would say Shaun, but we might need a 3rd QB.

Alex is going to start these next two games.....but if Alex struggles or Alex does great and it's a blowout... we bring in Nate to get some reps....and to get a feel of what we have in him.

then after the season, we release Shaun Hill.... I'm a big Shaun fan as some know, but if the coaching staff "feel" that he can't take the team any further than what he did this year....then we are just wasting his and our time by keeping him on the team.... it also keeps around the same excuse of keeping Alex starting, if he is struggling "omgz no one else is better on our team"....so we get someone "better" than Shaun.....

I say we get Timmy Boy...yes that man named Tim Rattay......he scored TDs with "the worse offensive personal...ever" as some Alex fanboys like to say about the team Alex inherited...... and Rattay has a stronger arm than both Shaun and Alex.....and he did a good job spreading the ball around, calling audibles at the line, and used *gasp* pump fakes.

All I know is yes, there are not too many good QBs going to be available in the off-season... I would rather have Shaun than Pennington....and I would rather have Rattay over the likes of Batch, Matt Moore, etc.

so next year Alex, Rattay, Davis.

its hopeless, but hey I'm depressed right now....and having Rattay back on this team gives me something to look forward to next year......right now I have nothing really to look forward to next year with the 9ers....its the same o'l same o'l.

Don't be shocked if Nate never plays QB for this team . His learning disability is going to really hurt him . Teams passed him up for a reason and for a good reason .

Alex has proven that he has a learning disability....hell his College coach told us this.....Antonio Bryant told us this.....alot of people told us this....and Alex has shown us this.....so I'm not too worried about Nate
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM ]
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
well the season is lost... we need to Activate Nate for the final two games...and deactivate some one else....I would say Shaun, but we might need a 3rd QB.

Alex is going to start these next two games.....but if Alex struggles or Alex does great and it's a blowout... we bring in Nate to get some reps....and to get a feel of what we have in him.

then after the season, we release Shaun Hill.... I'm a big Shaun fan as some know, but if the coaching staff "feel" that he can't take the team any further than what he did this year....then we are just wasting his and our time by keeping him on the team.... it also keeps around the same excuse of keeping Alex starting, if he is struggling "omgz no one else is better on our team"....so we get someone "better" than Shaun.....

I say we get Timmy Boy...yes that man named Tim Rattay......he scored TDs with "the worse offensive personal...ever" as some Alex fanboys like to say about the team Alex inherited...... and Rattay has a stronger arm than both Shaun and Alex.....and he did a good job spreading the ball around, calling audibles at the line, and used *gasp* pump fakes.

All I know is yes, there are not too many good QBs going to be available in the off-season... I would rather have Shaun than Pennington....and I would rather have Rattay over the likes of Batch, Matt Moore, etc.

so next year Alex, Rattay, Davis.

its hopeless, but hey I'm depressed right now....and having Rattay back on this team gives me something to look forward to next year......right now I have nothing really to look forward to next year with the 9ers....its the same o'l same o'l.

Don't be shocked if Nate never plays QB for this team . His learning disability is going to really hurt him . Teams passed him up for a reason and for a good reason .

Alex has proven that he has a learning disability....hell his College coach told us this.....Antonio Bryant told us this.....alot of people told us this....and Alex has shown us this.....so I'm not too worried about Nate
Do you really watch football at all ?

But I wouldn't be sad seeing Nate Davis trying on his pro football shoes in a 4th quarter here or there. Why would we cut Shaun Hill? He is a serviceable back-up. Alex Smith WILL be our starter next year. People need to realize this and deal with it.

because its a waste of time....why have him around....fans on here and Singletary said that he took us as far as he could and it was time to move on because it wasn't enough, apparently......

so we bring in someone else, who is better....who has a stronger arm....so there will be no EXCUSE FOR STICKING WITH ALEX IF HE IS PLAYING LIKE SH1T!

its best for the team.

edit- It doesn't have to be Rattay...this thread is NOT about Rattay....we just have to bring in someone else as a back up.

That's the problem: there just doesn't seem to be many good options for free-agent QB's next year.

I'd agree with you if we brought in Jeff Garcia. But let's be realistic -- our management has some sort of RIDICULOUS "pride" that wouldn't allow us to pick him up. Other than that... I don't see any upgrades. But you have to know that Alex will be our starter in 2010. I'm all for Jeff Garcia tho -- that ugly throw, scrambling ability, accuracy. He at least made the offense move down the field. Afrikan -- my question to you is: even with Jeff Garcia or another option, if we do not address our O-Line this offseason, how could anyone succeed? And if our line is fixed, do you see Alex playing better?

Jeff Garcia. WOW. This isn't 2002. We don't run the WCO. A 39 year old journey man is the last thing we need.

Wow. Jeff Garcia. SMH.

-9fA
Teams also passed on Tom Brady and Terrell Davis and Marques Colston... I'm not saying Davis is the next Brady or Montana but based on his disability (which NONE of us actually know affects his football skills) people think he will never be a good NFL QB. When I saw him play he had a major "IT" factor radiating from him.

its best for the team.

that is my problem with Alex...sure he'll play better, but I don't think it will be enough.... a NFL QB is not going to have lots of time to throw back there in this league, especially when it comes to playoff time.....

I posted this a couple of days ago....but if you go back and watch all of Alex's INTs this year....about 85% of them is when he had time to throw the ball and just made a bad throw, or horrible decision......so I don't think it is all on the Oline.

but yes we need to improve our Oline....but offensive approach can also help the oline on top of just signing players.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

its best for the team.

Jeff Garcia. WOW. This isn't 2002. We don't run the WCO. A 39 year old journey man is the last thing we need.

Wow. Jeff Garcia. SMH.

-9fA

Okay first of all - why not? He has proven he can still play. Obviously there is a reason he is not in the league, yes, but I'm saying in the world where Shaun Hill is released (when I say he won't be) he could be a viable veteran option with playoff experience. This is obviously just a fictional move. I see and want us going into the 2010 season with the same 3 QBs.
Tim rattay is a back up in the UFL...

its best for the team.

that is my problem with Alex...sure he'll play better, but I don't think it will be enough.... a NFL QB is not going to have lots of time to throw back there in this league, especially when it comes to playoff time.....

I posted this a couple of days ago....but if you go back and watch all of Alex's INTs this year....about 85% of them is when he had time to throw the ball and just made a bad throw, or horrible decision......so I don't think it is all on the Oline.

but yes we need to improve our Oline....but offensive approach can also help the oline on top of just signing players.

No you don't watch the games......................................
ANYBODY CAN LOOK GOOD BEATING THE RAMS AND LIONS!

WHAT THE FU*K IS THAT GOING TO PROVE?!!!

Originally posted by solidg2000:
Tim rattay is a back up in the UFL...

yeah, he chose to back up JP Loseman instead of playing for some other teams...

I took it as a smart move.... you stay in football shape, work on passes during the week....and stay safe on the sidelines during gameday while the other QB gets destroyed or looks bad in a new league with unknown players....

its best for the team.

I think when he has TOO much time, he tries to force it -- I agree. But I believe he gets uncomfortable with so much time because he's so not used to it! When 70% of the time you've got pressure instantly, I could see how he would feel like he NEEDED to make a play happen. This is where he should tuck and run or throw it away. I think with an offseason knowing he's #1, with a restructured (I hope) line, and with the a couple of months meshing with Crabs, Morgan, VD, DW, and Gore we will see him feel more comfortable in general. You should ask this again after the draft and offseason, where I'm sure we'll be complaining yet again about not getting good O-Linemen.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Thanks lock nazi
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

TONY what the heck are you talking about???? I still don't get your problem with the thread.

its best for the team.

A bunch of his INTs are on the receiver or bad luck, not bad decisions. Just look at the film.
Share 49ersWebzone