LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 234 users in the forums

"The Alex Smith Special"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Take the snap, feel the pass rush, and instead of stepping up in the pocket, run out to the right sideline and throw it out of bounds. Alex has executed this play perfectly for many years. The key is to run out to the sideline which limits the spaces that you can throw the football. Anybody realize that Alex does this way too often?
When do we get receivers to realize the play is broken down and come back to the ball....? while smith didnt have a good game, teams that have worked together (same O, same core) they develop things like coming back when a QB is flushed from the pocket
just to let you know, there's about 23948230 others threads that are talking about this. and yes, i realize it. and it sucks.
  • ZRF80
My personal favorite: 3rd and 9.............shotgun.........takes the snap. Plenty of time to throw, but wait.......Gore just let loose underneath for a 2 yard hitch. Should I wait for a receiver to get open, or should I let it loose ? I think I'll give it to Gore and let him gain 3 more yards and force a punt.

OR

the classic. Shotgun...................take the snap. Ok....Davis will be open (STARE), Davis will be open (STARE), Davis will be open (STARE), ok he's open (STARE), let me throw to him now (STARE)........INT, wtf ? What did I do wrong ?
ZRF80, you left out the part where he slumps his shoulders, hangs his head, and pouts as he walks to the sidelines. I'm telling you, I'm really starting to enjoy it. Or not.
We're all very intrigued by this topic.

My personal favorite: Alex wakes up in the morning.......his lungs are processing air.....his heart is beating....its raining outside...THE WATER BOY PUT CYANIDE IN THE GATORADE!!! ARRGH it drives me crazy, Alex f**ks everything up.
please
Share 49ersWebzone