LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Arnaz Battle should retire

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He should be ashamed of himself. He is not doing his job. He is probably a nice person, hard worker and good teammate but enough is enough.

When I make mistake at work, it bothers me and I try my best not to make the same mistake again next time. He is getting paid to catch a punt which is his job and he is terrible at it. It makes me nervous every time I see him or Brandon Jones back there.

I want to see him signal a fair catch and just let the ball bounce.
I do think his time is up here after this season.
He is a good professional, and was a good player for us, but we do need a replacement. keeping someone around just for nostalgia is lame.
I've always hated Battle.
He will be a free agent after this season. The Niners are not going to re-sign him, so it really doesn;t matter if he goes somewhere else or retires.

But I agree he should not be on the field anymore for the next three games. He is a liabilty, not a help. Too bad, because I like the player. But he is really sucking out there in special teams.
A nice punt by Lee that should put the Cards deep and Battle failed to stop the ball from going to the endzone. There are many more just to name a few. I did not like him in the first place. I always thought that as long as Battle and Ulbrich is playing, this team is going to be horrible. We need to get rid of these players. I'm glad that Ulbrich retired.
Sadly I agree. I've always liked him. He's always put forth a good effort.
The guy has toughed out for us through the down years and for a 6th round QB turned WR, he has done well for himself, but it's time now to part ways. I don't think anybody will disagree otherwise.

-9fA
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah he had a good career for a 6th round pick, but now the sun has set on his career.
good team guy not good enough for a roster spot next season though.

good luck 83

battle's been a good receiver for us over the years. punt returner ?............
Battle is done
  • dj43
Why all the Battle hate? Whose roster spot is he taking?

The guy has been a warrior for this team during some of the worst years of this franchise. He has played through injury and done everything he was asked to do.

True, he may not be around next year as he has a fair degree of arthritic progession in his knee but he still works hard on ST and is an excellent locker room presence and well respected by teammates.

Again, what future HOFer is he keeping off the roster by staying?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

The guy has been a warrior for this team during some of the worst years of this franchise. He has played through injury and done everything he was asked to do.

True, he may not be around next year as he has a fair degree of arthritic progession in his knee but he still works hard on ST and is an excellent locker room presence and well respected by teammates.

Allen Rossum
Originally posted by dj43:

B/C he's a mediocre to average receiver, and he has been costing us games with his fumbles. My love for Battle died two years ago.
Share 49ersWebzone