LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

49ers May catch a scheduling break in Week 15

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bad thing on a couple of levels.

1. More pressure on the Niners on the road.
2. Philly phan getting 7 extra hours to drink, thus get loud.
3. If it's cold, it's going to be much colder when it's dark.

I hope the Niners keep winning, but I'm not too excited about the flex option.
Originally posted by 49erScott:

Positives...

1.Pressure is overrated if you're looking to take it to the Playoff level.
2. Philly fans having 7 extra hours to drink makes em louder but they shouldn't last 2 hours plus. Could be an early exit for alot of them if we can put some points on the board in the 1st half while keeping them off the board through the middle to late 3rd quarter.
3. The cold. If it's cold players won't want to be standing around. They will either be moving around on the sideline or on the field. And it's not like the majority of these guys haven't played on really cold days. Look at the Windy ace Chicago games the last couple years. Wasn't zacly warm then.

I never did Philly cold but if I can handle pulling into the Chesapeake inlet and showing respect to passing ships in my dress blues with only my Pea coat to keep me warm on a 20 degree day with the wind chill tacked on these guys can handle playing in Philly after dusk. It's FOOTBALL not Baseball.

~Ceadder
This is really nice. We're still in it with 5 games to go. All we must do is take care of business by winning our games and we'll be fine. Lets go 49ers! Beat Seattle!
That would be flippin sweet. 3 Primetime games in one year, with the chance to sweep Primetime!! GO 49ers!!
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by matt49er:
man i would really love for this to happen! i am actually going to that game i live about an hour from philly and this will be my first 9ers game ever! i'll probably get stabbed in the paking lot for wearing my 9ers gear but i'm doing it anyway!

man same hear i'm contemplating wearing my patrick willis jersey to that game. I freakin cant wait! I might just flash my jersey like superman whenever the niners do something good

Good luck wearing that jersey. Philly fans are just plain awful.
First i think if tennessee wins sunday vs colts they get the SNF game
Second it would svks if the niners play it cos that would be a 2.20 am game for me
No thx i like my 7 pm schedule already
Go Niners !
I've been saying from the start of the season that if we were going to get a Sunday Night flex-game this would be it, and it would a dramatic statement game for our franchise. (An epic Philly showdown with snow flurries, and blazing winds.)

It could mean division dominance, or a wildcard spot for both teams up until that point... but within ideal terms, one team goes to the playoffs and the other goes home. (Kind of like the Vikings/Skins game in 2007 in which we got snubbed out of the week we were supposed to face Tamp Bay on SNF.)

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 6, 2009 at 02:09:36 ]
Originally posted by 49erScott:

well if its colder then the quieter it gets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Philly is going to be a matchup nightmare for us, I don't like it one bit. Sorry, can't sleep just rambling on.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Dec 6, 2009 at 03:14:18 ]

OH Please let us get embarrassed on national TV again
Originally posted by calinig4life:
like the exposure but i want the wins more than n-e-thing else. GO NINERS!!!

Agree, me too!
If they do this after we win against Sea and AZ, it bodes well for team's ability to catch their breath in the east zone. Instead of playing the regularly schedule game at 10 am PST, they would play at 5pm PST. Way better!!!

Also, we would be a hot item by them winning three straight and leading the West with three games left. Wow!!! A MNF and SNF back to back would be cool. Leaving us with two games with the Lions and Rams to end it.

Lookin' good! *Freddie Prince Style*

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by calinig4life:
like the exposure but i want the wins more than n-e-thing else. GO NINERS!!!

Agree, me too!
Man I just hope we can beat Seattle so it would set a big matchup vs Arizona on Monday Night football. We have to, have to, have to beat Seattle!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone