There are 307 users in the forums

Ya'll Gotta READ THIS s**t HERE...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sounds like a guy trying to keep his job. lol. Stop brown nosing dude. Anyways, we will see what happens. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words. And as some have already stated, spread it out early and often and use Frank too!
Raye, don't tell me.........show me.

You think Smith is all that, then prove it by putting the ball in his hands in an offense that Smith can excel in. Like, say, I dunno, any type of spread formations. How about something close to a run and shoot offense? Use multiple receivers spread out wide (to include VD) and use the backs out of the backfield with passes AND runs. Not only does this fit Smith better than a traditional pro offense, but it should keep opposing Ds in their nickel/dime packages. That should help Gore on the ground alot also. Having the D spread out like that should help him find cut back lanes, which he USED to do very well. Also, if the D stays in their nickel package then Gore has to deal with one less LB.
And how about running the hurry up from time to time when the opposing team isn't expecting it.

DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING. CAUSE IT AINT WORKING.
Yet his inabvility to put together 4 quarters of good football is why none of that is translating into WINS.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Yet his inabvility to put together 4 quarters of good football is why none of that is translating into WINS.

you could say that about the entire team tho. Whens the last time the Niners as a whole have put together 4 quarters of solid football?
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

you could say that about the entire team tho. Whens the last time the Niners as a whole have put together 4 quarters of solid football?

Great point! The team as a whole has to play consistanly for 4 qtrs. Although an improved unit, the defense has given up 30 or more points twice this year and 27 points twice. Is that due to the time they spend on the field after the offense goes 3 and out? Maybe. Still, they gave up 23 points in the first half against GB. That has to stop.

As for Alex, I agree with Raye, his play has been outstanding overall. He too has too get it going for 4 qtrs. Raye could help him do that with his playcalling..........
[ Edited by kemp_j on Nov 27, 2009 at 4:22 AM ]
the longer I'm a 9er fan, the more I don't understand certain words anymore.....

I used to think I knew what the word "outstanding" meant....but I guess I do now...

as well as knowing what "one of the most accurate QBs in the league right now" looks like....thankx Mike Singletary....

the more I look through their perspective the better I feel about the team......and Alex....he is UNSTOPPABLE.

Folks lets put it all together.... we have "one of the most accurate QBs in the league right now (maybe in history), playing OUTSTANDING"

I really don't know how we did not go undefeated since Alex finally took over.......this team BLOWS...I wish Gore and Davis and Crabtree as well as our Oline and our defense played as well as Alex...then all of our players would be playing outstanding.....This team is holding Alex back....we need to scrap everyone and think of something else.....because we are just wasting time while we have "one of the most accurate QBs in the league right now, playing outstanding" what a f'ing waste of talent....
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
OK Raye, so how about having confidence in Smith and the offensive guys to open up the offense in the first half, instead of waiting til the second half, you know, when we have to climb that 3 scores mountain.

...and save the defense...and win.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Not to rain in on your parade, but what else is he supposed to say ? "Alex Smith sucks and just cant get it done."

But Im glad he said this. If Alex goes down, then we now have a confirmed second target: the guy who believed in boy wonder.
MHSM speaks!

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Not to rain in on your parade, but what else is he supposed to say ? "Alex Smith sucks and just cant get it done."

But Im glad he said this. If Alex goes down, then we now have a confirmed second target: the guy who believed in boy wonder.

he could always say nothing
Coming from a horrible playcaller like Raye doesn't really instill that much confidence.

Well you see fellas, this thread was only created because I'm tired of us just having our opinions, but diluting the facts, based on what we FEEL.

Just like a taste testing contest. If your at a taste testing for Soda, you have coke, and you have pepsi. If it's labeled A and B. And you try both, but they dont show you which one you chose. For that moment your just assuming which is which.

But when they remove the labels you see it may or may not have been the one you chose. Point is, theres no more guessing because u see which one it was u chose.

Same thing with our team. We talk s**t all day good and bad, about what we think this, or think that. one minute we say any words spoken are true, then the next moment, because it may be something we dont like we say, well ur reading too much into it.

This time, im not reading any more or any less. If you read both articles they are saying almost the same thing, and even by both our esteemed writers in Both Matts.

So i mean Raye actually adressed things, and said how he feels, point blank. If it holds validity, if it's a smoke screen. May be, however i dont see it being the case when 4 articles are written on almost the same subject.

He answered many of the concerns that we had, while not directly to us, but from the reporters asking the questions. So i say it eliminates a lot of this assuming s**t, that most of us do. So if you feel this and that, then the man comes out and say it's neither it's like this. Then that should enable many of us to just fall back, cuz your hearing it from his mouth, not indirectly.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Nov 27, 2009 at 10:15 AM ]
I'm just glad the dude didn't come out and say 'This here offense goes through #21' like he did earlier. We now have guys in the passing game that can make plays. And don't read any further into his endorsement of Smith other than Smith will be the qb for the rest of the season.

It's time for Raye to shutup and show us something different than what we have been seeing from the offense. Safe and predictable. Grow some balls and let our guys do more throw and catch instead of run and block.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well you see fellas, this thread was only created because I'm tired of us just having our opinions, but diluting the facts, based on what we FEEL.

Just like a taste testing contest. If your at a taste testing for Soda, you have coke, and you have pepsi. If it's labeled A and B. And you try both, but they dont show you which one you chose. For that moment your just assuming which is which.

But when they remove the labels you see it may or may not have been the one you chose. Point is, theres no more guessing because u see which one it was u chose.

Same thing with our team. We talk s**t all day good and bad, about what we think this, or think that. one minute we say any words spoken are true, then the next moment, because it may be something we dont like we say, well ur reading too much into it.

This time, im not reading any more or any less. If you read both articles they are saying almost the same thing, and even by both our esteemed writers in Both Matts.

So i mean Raye actually adressed things, and said how he feels, point blank. If it holds validity, if it's a smoke screen. May be, however i dont see it being the case when 4 articles are written on almost the same subject.

He answered many of the concerns that we had, while not directly to us, but from the reporters asking the questions. So i say it eliminates a lot of this assuming s**t, that most of us do. So if you feel this and that, then the man comes out and say it's neither it's like this. Then that should enable many of us to just fall back, cuz your hearing it from his mouth, not indirectly.

so you agree with me, Sing, and Raye..

we have "one of the most accurate QBs in the league right now, playing OUTSTANDING".

Raye has spoken (in his sleep), Sing has spoken, and the two Matts have spoken, and Kevin Lynch has spoken.......its much more clear now what is wrong about our team... EVERYTHING, besides Raye and Alex....everyone else is just holding us back.
Originally posted by dmax:
ok raye..put your money where your mouth is...and lets "spread" it early and often

Did you watch the bears or Titans game??? we have been spreading the ball early....we just have to execute better.
Just asked this on the Dan Brown Show;

[Comment From Mr. G Mr. G: ]
Hey Dan, love your articles brotha. I just want to know if you've read the recent articles on Raye on Smith. Do you think from his words, that smith Will be the qb now and into next season. Or do you think he's only saying these things, to get us thru the rest of this season? Friday November 27, 2009 10:29 Mr. G

10:31 Dan Brown: Mr. G, thanks so much. Yeah, I was there yesterday when Raye was really kind of raving about Smith. (There's no better way to spend a Thanksgiving). I'll be writing more about it for Sunday. But the sense I got is that Smith is the quarterback of the future and that the 49ers are growing increasingly excited about the flashes he's showing in some of these games. That's what Raye is saying, at least.
Share 49ersWebzone