There are 188 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He deleted this tweet, not sure why unless it was a shot at the 49ers front office for signing Richburg to take over Kilgores spot

I doubt that Joe was referring to the Richburg signing (or rather, I suspect he wasn't then realized it may come across that way). Everyone in this business knows that the GM/HC are always looking to improve the roster. I doubt Kilgore was promised that he would have no challengers for the starting C job when he signed his extension. Shanalynch have always been straight shooters when it comes to job security - they'll give you opportunities, but that's not gonna stop them from looking at other options. Staley saw that with Bowman and Hoyer last year.
Originally posted by valrod33:
He deleted this tweet, not sure why unless it was a shot at the 49ers front office for signing Richburg to take over Kilgores spot

Since they resigned Kilgore...probably not.
New contract for Staley per the article on the home page.

Worth every penny.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
meh, he's no Trent Williams.

[ Edited by ChazBoner on Apr 17, 2018 at 5:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Pay this man! We can't just sign a guard in FA whose contract dwarfs Joe's. Joe will still be the best OL on the team. Lynch needs to reward the guys in the locker room

And, done, I love our FO, Staley is going nowhere, they didn't have to do it, just a reward because it was the right thing to do. Same as Goodwin, you play, we'll pay. Love it.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Well earned. Congrads Joe.
Yo Joe.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

dude that spin move fake was soo dirty.

the yorks are raisesct
Originally posted by defenderDX:

the yorks are raisesct

And "cheap"
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

dude that spin move fake was soo dirty.

Yeah, you'd think you'd see it much more (like the spin move) but I've yet to see it again.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Yo Joe.

the easiest decision one had to make. also a nice deflection away from the foster issues. i bet joe is good to go for two more years. i get those who want to get a tackle in the draft this year or maybe a guy who can play both spots. i think getting a really nice tackle next year early in the draft would be better?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Yo Joe.

the easiest decision one had to make. also a nice deflection away from the foster issues. i bet joe is good to go for two more years. i get those who want to get a tackle in the draft this year or maybe a guy who can play both spots. i think getting a really nice tackle next year early in the draft would be better?

Really not a bad idea. Another year to figure out if Brown can be the Joe's replacement. Get to see of Williams or Magnusun can be the future RT as well.
Share 49ersWebzone