LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
im sooo glad this is the case!! that almost ruined my night
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver

Just walked to the bus with joe staley. He's fine. Hearing his fellow linemen goof on him for his initial reaction to injury was priceless

This is...

Hilarious.
Bizarre.
Thrilling.

My night just got better!

For about 15 seconds, Staley thought he'd broken his ankle. He yelled, 'it's broken!' Thankfully he was mistaken. Hilarity ensued

This is one of the most hilarious events in 49er history.

It will be the turning point of this season and a highlight of our "America's Game" ...will rank right up there with Steve Young's meltdown on the sideline against Seifert in the blowout loss to Philly in '94
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 26, 2013 at 9:47 PM ]
I don't wanna sound like a dick, but Joe Staley has a horrible pain tolerance. -Does anybody remember that Packers game last January where he nicked his wrist off of Clay's helmet, he was screaming then, you'd think he broke his f**king wrist after that play.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Just walked to the bus with joe staley. He's fine. Hearing his fellow linemen goof on him for his initial reaction to injury was priceless

That would be awesome if true. Sounded like the storming of the beaches in the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan.

I thought he broke his legs. lol
[ Edited by susweel on Sep 26, 2013 at 9:46 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
For those who have witnessed many players suffer severe injuries and walk on them, and from personal experience actually playing a game on a broken ankle (hey, Donovan McNabb did that too), I am not ready to say we're in the clear.

Until we know there's no major ligament damage, I don't want to get my hopes up, considering how horrific he was screaming on the field. I got a text from my dad saying it made him flash back to Bryant Young and that horrific Ken Norton incident. Gah, I can't even bear to think about that again

Didn't Norton roll up on to of Richard Dent and injure him too when Dent was here? Norton was like that tiki necklace Bobby Brady found when the family went to Hawaii and when all types of bad sht would happen when he was around wearing it. Norton helped win #5 but dude was a" friendly fire" injury magnet.

For about 15 seconds, Staley thought he'd broken his ankle. He yelled, 'it's broken!' Thankfully he was mistaken. Hilarity ensued

I called it... ankle injuries are some of the most excruciating injuries (at the beginning)... He probably has a bad sprain, which sucks, but much better than a broken ankle.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
They got the x-ray results yet?
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I don't wanna sound like a dick, but Joe Staley has a horrible pain tolerance. -Does anybody remember that Packers game last January where he nicked his wrist off of Clay's helmet, he was screaming then, you'd think he broke his f**king wrist after that play.

Maybe it was more reaction/scared he had broke it than anything. That being said maybe he has a low pain tolerance for a football player but compared to a normal person those guys are freaking warriors. I stub my toe or bang my funny bone I start yelling gibberish to try and take my mind off it.

I damn near threw a fit, almost spoiled the victory lol. Good to know he's okay.

Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
For those who have witnessed many players suffer severe injuries and walk on them, and from personal experience actually playing a game on a broken ankle (hey, Donovan McNabb did that too), I am not ready to say we're in the clear.

Until we know there's no major ligament damage, I don't want to get my hopes up, considering how horrific he was screaming on the field. I got a text from my dad saying it made him flash back to Bryant Young and that horrific Ken Norton incident. Gah, I can't even bear to think about that again

Didn't Norton roll up on to of Richard Dent and injure him too when Dent was here? Norton was like that tiki necklace Bobby Brady found when the family went to Hawaii and when all types of bad sht would happen when he was around wearing it. Norton helped win #5 but dude was a" friendly fire" injury magnet.

Norton was also involved in the Napoleon McCallum injury against the raiders in the game Jerry broke the TD record
Perfect night since he's ok

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I called it... ankle injuries are some of the most excruciating injuries (at the beginning)... He probably has a bad sprain, which sucks, but much better than a broken ankle.

Well, apparently. He doesn't even have that either. He's basically "fine".
  • Chief
  • Veteran
What a big p***y.
Share 49ersWebzone