LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Blame Alex thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think ur just a hating troll. green bay played soft? ya thats it, they wanted us to come within a drive of beating them. thats it, to hell with stepping on another teams throat and keeping them down and securing a game. lets let the good ol niners come back and almost win. no sir, we played better for the same reasons that we've almost come back all season long, singletary gets away from his prehistoric offense after we fall 20 or so points behind and he actually lets the team spread out a little and plays to their strengths. we have these issues because singletary told the world we would be a "physical with an F" type team and he's gonna keep pushing that until he gets some success so he can feel special, rather than playing to the teams strengths. most of our offensive playmakers came from a spread system, theyre used to it. many players alluded at the end of the game that we need to go to more of a spread system. even our s**tty O-line held up well enough for smith to bring us back into the game. Indy, the Pats, the Saints, the chargers, the steelers, most of the best teams in the league run a 3 or 4 receiver set as their primary offense. dont be ignorant and just blame smith, its been done, its not true. the gy has proved that he can move the ball, and move the ball well when the coaches call his kind of plays. coaches should play to their players strengths, not the other way around

This.

I agree. If the shotgun is his only strength then utilize it, I don't care what formation we use as long as we win.
Year after year, this has become the 49ers signature: mess up the first half, and put up some numbers in the 2nd half, and lose. End of the day, stats wise, we don't look that bad.
We are 4-6, and a sad story on offense.
We can give excuses and more of them (why this and why that)...bottom line, this will be a 7th yr in row we haven't made the playoffs.

As like every year, we'll win a few more meaningless games towards the end of the season, and somehow "pretend" that we are turning the corner.
History repeats itself.
It hilarious. Years ago, when Montana brought us from behind, he was called the "comeback kid." When Alex comes from behind, it is because the opponent's defense went soft. Go figure.
  • wordlesschor
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by wordlesschor:
i think ur just a hating troll. green bay played soft? ya thats it, they wanted us to come within a drive of beating them. thats it, to hell with stepping on another teams throat and keeping them down and securing a game. lets let the good ol niners come back and almost win. no sir, we played better for the same reasons that we've almost come back all season long, singletary gets away from his prehistoric offense after we fall 20 or so points behind and he actually lets the team spread out a little and plays to their strengths. we have these issues because singletary told the world we would be a "physical with an F" type team and he's gonna keep pushing that until he gets some success so he can feel special, rather than playing to the teams strengths. most of our offensive playmakers came from a spread system, theyre used to it. many players alluded at the end of the game that we need to go to more of a spread system. even our s**tty O-line held up well enough for smith to bring us back into the game. Indy, the Pats, the Saints, the chargers, the steelers, most of the best teams in the league run a 3 or 4 receiver set as their primary offense. dont be ignorant and just blame smith, its been done, its not true. the gy has proved that he can move the ball, and move the ball well when the coaches call his kind of plays. coaches should play to their players strengths, not the other way around

Hey man sorry i dont follow the team as blindly. I have my opinions about the game and if that makes me a troll then so be it. If you're satisfied with one good half of football then more power to you. Like i said, i'm pulling for Smith to improve, he's all we have right now. But still, anybody who was pleased with the first half and/or pleased with the outcome of this game is the real troll. I'm happy Smith, Crabs and Davis got theirs today but i'd be much happier with a W. Smith's gotten the chance to ride the pine for 2 years and observe, he's getting better, but i still think he needs to show more that's all i'm saying. Sweet baby jesus, some people act like they married the damn guy.

first of all i wasnt even talking to u. i didnt feel the need to quote the original post, just respond to it. if u feel i was talking to u then take it as u will. i just think people who blame smith for all the teams woes are ridiculous. if the 49ers would run the same offense that they do in the 2nd half all game long, we win this game, and all 5 of the other games we lost by less than a TD. and smith only attempted 7 passes, im sure he told the coaches to only let him pass 7 times. and of those 7 he was hit or sacked on most of those. go watch it again. if you people cant see the difference in the offensive gameplan from 1st half to 2nd half you need to start watching a less complex game

My fault. Your post came almost directly after i mine and i made a reference to Lord of the Rings haha. Yeah i understand what you're saying. With Raye's playcalling though i kind of doubt we go automatically into the spread to start the game against the jags. Whether it's bull-headedness by the coaches or a lack of creativity i dont think we have much to lose operating out of that system the rest of the season. It'll atleast give us a more complete analysis of Smith. I've been a fan of how he's carried himself off the field. The dude got a raw deal with the OC carousel he's been on and the last couple years especially with his injury situation with Nolan. I'm rooting for the guy as usual just wanna see 4 quarters of solid play out of him and the team.
I hated the way that Smith gave up 362 yards and 23 points in the first half. I wonder what his excuse for that one will be.

C'mon, pal, this was a total team effort. Trying to pin this one on Alex is really a stretch. Did you see that defense out there?
Originally posted by dbdublin:
I hated the way that Smith gave up 362 yards and 23 points in the first half. I wonder what his excuse for that one will be.

C'mon, pal, this was a total team effort. Trying to pin this one on Alex is really a stretch. Did you see that defense out there?
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I completely AGREE with the OP. Alex Smith is excellent at ALMOST winning games. I can't wait for the day I check the webzone and the head story is.. "Alex Smith cut.. or Alex Smith traded for a 6th round pick"

Then you need to learn about football just as much as he does. Try this...

Just for you guys...
Originally posted by excelsior:
It hilarious. Years ago, when Montana brought us from behind, he was called the "comeback kid." When Alex comes from behind, it is because the opponent's defense went soft. Go figure.

Please don't put Montana and Alex Smith in the same sentence...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I completely AGREE with the OP. Alex Smith is excellent at ALMOST winning games. I can't wait for the day I check the webzone and the head story is.. "Alex Smith cut.. or Alex Smith traded for a 6th round pick"

Just for you guys...

No. I think Alex Smith needs a copy of that more than anybody else.
Originally posted by dbdublin:

Amen...people trying to blame this on any single player are just

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Just for you guys...

No. I think Alex Smith needs a copy of that more than anybody else.

Except you and Z.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Year after year, this has become the 49ers signature: mess up the first half, and put up some numbers in the 2nd half, and lose. End of the day, stats wise, we don't look that bad.
We can give excuses and more of them (why this and why that)...bottom line, this will be a 7th yr in row we haven't made the playoffs.

As like every year, we'll win a few more meaningless games towards the end of the season, and somehow "pretend" that we are turning the corner.
History repeats itself.

What do you want us to do? We are fans. Davis is emerging, Crabtree looks like he is going to special and if the Niners play to Smith's strengths it looks like in the near future we can have a real NFL offense again. Two number #1 next year. Damn right we are turning the corner. And if we don't I will still be hoping for it and expecting it until they put me in the ground.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by 49ersking:

History repeats itself.

What do you want us to do? We are fans. Davis is emerging, Crabtree looks like he is going to special and if the Niners play to Smith's strengths it looks like in the near future we can have a real NFL offense again. Two number #1 next year. Damn right we are turning the corner. And if we don't I will still be hoping for it and expecting it until they put me in the ground.

That's the right attitude! Honestly, I just wanna finish at least 8-8. And I want Smith to finish the season with a qb rating of at least 85. We are not a playoff team, but we do need to see by year's end who is a keeper and who isn't. And having 2 number ones will help next year, but as I just stated we HAVE to build that line on both sides of the ball whether its through free agency or the draft.
WTF is wrong with you Alex Smith guys. Some of you are talking about Smith as if he's the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. I think he's probably the second worst QB in the NFL right now. There are probably a bunch of backup QBs around the league that are better than him. This is pathetic. Put Shaun Hill back in.
WTF is wrong with you Alex Smith guys. Some of you are talking about Smith as if he's the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. I think he's probably the second worst QB in the NFL right now. There are probably a bunch of backup QBs around the league that are better than him. This is pathetic. Put Shaun Hill back in.

Share 49ersWebzone