LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Blame Alex thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wow, Im not gonna make excuses, but dude we have NO OLINE, and we canty protect Alex or whoever QB's thus leading to mistakes, even Peyton would struggle with a pittiful Oline like ours.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Can't pin this one on Smith. But can't be the Z without a thread to pin it on Smith after every lost. Nice try though.

Padded stats, my friend. Padded stats. "And the wheels on Alex's bus go round and round, round and round, round and round......."

• krizay
  • Veteran
Quote:
I Wish We had Lost.....

Originally posted by ElDannMann:
I don't know what game you were watching in the second half, but the Packers defense wasn't "soft", as you put it. That was Alex Smith and the 49ers inept offense driving down the field picking up first downs and putting up points.

What needs to be done is starting out fast and not coming out being 20 points down. Alex isn't the problem. It's the whole team, coaches included.

Well Said, from a new comer, wish all members, new and Vets had enough insight like yourself.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Why is the whole focus put on Smith?

Yeah Smith is mediocre at best but the o-line is absolute garbage and the playcalling is extremely questionable. We all saw it and the announcers pointed it out numerous times, the second the ball is snapped Alex immediately has to react and avoid pressure before he can even look and go through his progressions.

Call them Alexcuses if you want but i'm not exactly defending his play, the 1st half all round was a total embarrassment to this franchise.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Can't pin this one on Smith. But can't be the Z without a thread to pin it on Smith after every lost. Nice try though.

Padded stats, my friend. Padded stats. "And the wheels on Alex's bus go round and round, round and round, round and round......."

Dude the D WAS NOT SOFT in the second half. Billick even said, how the Packers were bringing pressure on the majority of the plays, when we ran a screen, they sniffed it out. When we made one mistake, they took advantage(the INT). The fact of the matter is, we got AGGRESSIVE, let our QB THROW THE BALL WITH EXTRA TIME BECAUSE OF THE SHOTGUN, and WE SCORED TOUCHDOWNS. If you had WATCHED the game, and paid CLOSE ATTENTION, and been UNBIASED, you would realize that those are basically undisputable facts. How you can blame this on the QB, I don't even know. COme on man, our OLine is TERRIBLE, with or without Smith they're holding this team back a heck of a lot more than he is.

I don't even know why I'm posting this, you obviously have an agenda that you want to blame Alex Smith for everything, but this game is not his fault, most of it anyway, and you're attempt to spin it as his fault is plainly obvious.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I thought the line blocked a bit better in the second half as well. I think the Packers backed off the blitzes a little however.

I was noticing lots of shifting in the Packers' secondary the entire game. The Packers are a well-coached team with a good scheme. They will rise to the tpo again soon.
I really hope you don't have 10k posts like this. How much more can you speculate? How about you ask the GB DC and their players if they "let off."

ZRF80: STFU, Troll.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
We did lose......
Originally posted by Squirrel:
ZRF80: STFU, Troll.
  • wordlesschor
  • Info N/A
I wont go so far as to say i wish we had lost by a larger margin, but there is something to this. Alex and the team played horribly in the first half minus Gore's long run.

What you want out of a starting caliber qb is to have the moxie to put the game on his shoulders and try and make something out of it. It just seemed like Alex was one and done way too many times in the first half. I'm still pulling for him, but geez...
Gotta disagree with OP. However, the second half was without Kampman and Harris. That is a passrusher and a shutdown corner. Harris was on Davis all first half. That is why it is hard for me to tell if the Oline got better and if what we saw in the second half was legit.
Share 49ersWebzone