LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Could someone explain this Singletary quote to me?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
""I don't care about the Cardinals," Singletary said when asked about falling to two games behind in the NFC West. "I care nothing about the Cardinals. I care nothing about anything else that's happening in the NFL."'

I think it is out of frustration, but in my mind this is a pretty ignorant statemement to come from a HC>
He is a dumb-ass he should care about Arizona they are a really good tam who is beating there opponents right now and cruising to the division title. We dont stand a chance against them. Like I said we one game 1 because it was the first game of the year.
He is only focused on the 49ers and their job at hand. He can't worry about the Cardinals. He has enough problems worrying about his own 52 players.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
He's concerned with his team, and only his team ATM. Let the rest of the NFL worry about their own games. He didn't say anything new nor complicated.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
He is only focused on the 49ers and their job at hand. He can't worry about the Cardinals. He has enough problems worrying about his own 52 players.

he NEEDS to be aware of what the teams in our division are doing espically the Cards. I bet Billichek or how ever you spell his name and Tomlin pay attention.
I think the quote makes perfect sense. I does not matter right now what the Cards doing are if we can’t get things turned around. Right now, he does not care about them, he is more concerned about getting this ship righted before it is too late…. if it is even possible.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
He is a dumb-ass he should care about Arizona they are a really good tam who is beating there opponents right now and cruising to the division title. We dont stand a chance against them. Like I said we one game 1 because it was the first game of the year.

Talk about painting the ke........ah...too easy.

Why worry about the Cards when we can't even beat the 1-6 Titans by beating ourselves , is what he was basically saying.
He cant worry about the cards. All he can do is worry about his team. Whats worrying about the cards going to accomplish? As long as we take care of our business everything else will take care of its self.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

This^^^^^^

The Niners aren't playing to their capabilities. We know we should have beaten the Titans, hell probably even the Colts. The Falcons game was was a total disaster. All of these losses, though, are because they aren't executing the plays they need to make to win games. Singletary shouldn't care about any other team in the NFL because he needs to fix whats wrong with his team first.

The only time he should care about the Cardinals (or any other team, for that matter) is the week (or two weeks with the bye) before we play them. Period.
Worrying about the Cardinals until the week we play them is a waste of time and energy.
Originally posted by 9erred:
""I don't care about the Cardinals," Singletary said when asked about falling to two games behind in the NFC West. "I care nothing about the Cardinals. I care nothing about anything else that's happening in the NFL."'

I think it is out of frustration, but in my mind this is a pretty ignorant statemement to come from a HC>

1) We have our own problems. How is focusing on the cardinals going to help fix our teams problem.

2) We have a game thursday..which we should have already started working for
We have games that we have to win right now so it makes sense not to worry about the Cardinals until the week that we are playing them. He has plenty of issues with his own team to address ....... he has his priorities set , so now we get to see if he is any better than Nolan as the head coach going down the stretch.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

That's pure drivel. Why should he care about the Cards. He should be concerned with him team playing better. To worry about the Cards would be just stupid right now, because we aren't even in the discussion until the team get's turned around.
Share 49ersWebzone