LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Completely unimpressed by Josh Morgan...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am usually one of the guys trying to talk people down from the ledge on Monday mornings, but I have just about had enough on this one.

Yes, Alex Smith struggled. Yes, he looked like he was hesitant again just like he was 2 years ago.

....but it wasn't ALL his fault. People always say that the problems weren't Smith, but the guys he was throwing to. To be fair, the problem was both. Today, Smith was late on several throws and it resulted in all three picks.

Having said that, I'm going to repeat something I've been sating since before the season started.

I'm COMPLETELY unimpressed with Josh Morgan. I have NEVER understood why he is looked at as such a good player. He has always looked slow and sluggish to me and drops ALOT of passes. I REALLY wanted to be proved wrong on this one, but NOTHING this season has happened to change my mind.

I have also always advocated Jason Hill. Hill looked pretty damn good today, admittedly in a small dose.

I really think this team needs to look at sitting Morgan and starting Hill or at least working Hill more into the gameplan. Morgan simply isn't getting open and he doesn't seem to make the effort to go and get the ball.

At a time when Gore, Davis, and Crabtree are playing so well, we need to get Josh Morgan off the frickin' field.

To be real, I'm not saying Morgan is the reason we lost....4 turnovers adn a D unable to stop Chris Johnson was responsible for that.....but I am just sick of Josh Morgan.
At least Hill is in there and Bruce is out. That's a start
Morgan has been half assing it lately
Well he is a 6th round draft pick, what do you expect...
  • Mex49
Coaching, coaching, coaching

Fire them all
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
is 40 time must be like 4.9
The BEST WRs in the game have off games. Morgan is no Jerry Rice, so he's expected to have a few bad games like this. Mind you that this is a team loss. Everyone coulda done better
Originally posted by FourNine49:
The BEST WRs in the game have off games. Morgan is no Jerry Rice, so he's expected to have a few bad games like this. Mind you that this is a team loss. Everyone coulda done better

He has an off day every week.
Key drops, stupid penalty's, yeah he is playing like a typical Virginia Tech guy alright
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I am aware of where he was drafted. I'm just saying he was touted all offseason as the next big thing. I have just never seen what people like about him so much and I wanted Hill to get a shot.

• Mex49

you dont play him then
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I am aware of where he was drafted. I'm just saying he was touted all offseason as the next big thing. I have just never seen what people like about him so much and I wanted Hill to get a shot.

I like Hill as well, he should be #2 behind Crabs.

Never understood the love for Morgan either.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by FourNine49:

He has an off day every week.

Exactly.

I could forgive a few bad games.....but we are now 8 weeks into the season and he's done NOTHING.

Jason Hill DOUBLED his TD total for the season today.

I'm not a kneejerk kinda guy...I don't turn on a guy very quickly, but I have NEVER understood all the hype on Josh Morgan.

I mean seriously, outside of downfield blocking, can anyone tell me any one thing he does well?
Morgan is a bum like Haralson need to be cut quick!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Morgan is a bum like Haralson need to be cut quick!

Haralson is good.
Share 49ersWebzone