LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

New ESPN Article on Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Smith Maximizing New Opportunity

"The most encouraging thing about Alex Smith -- now that he's the San Francisco 49ers' starting quarterback again -- is his attitude. He doesn't carry himself like a man whose career was on life support when the offseason began. He doesn't act like a beleaguered first-round pick who feels compelled to make something happen on every play. Smith simply behaves like he's back where he belongs. And that is the kind of confidence the 49ers sorely need at this point."
I really hope he turns out to be the player I want him too. I would love to see him pass for 300+ this weekend.....

I wore he's jersey last week and I will be wearing it again this week.
That was a really good article. Regardless of what happens, I admire Smith's perseverance and work ethic.
The Kid has been through alot in his career. Nolan did an absolutely terrible job of managing him in his 1st 4 years. He's still very young what 25? If this continues to work out and we find our franchise QB in Smith that would be one of the great feel good stories of football.
Very nice piece. I just hope the O-Line can play well enough to 1. stay in the playoff race and 2. make a well informed judgement on Smith's future.
Great article.

I can understand the criticism of him as a football player, but i will never question his heart or work ethic.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Great article.

I can understand the criticism of him as a football player, but i will never question his heart or work ethic.

-9fA

Totally, then again personally i've never criticized his work ethic, just his performances. He is turning it around though. The key is consistency, let's see how this pans out.
Mad respect for Smith... If he somehow resurrects his career we will be in FANTASTIC position to address our other needs in the upcoming draft and really become a solid team.

Outside pass rusher and ball hawk safety in the first round. Free Agent and 2nd Round pick for the Oline.
As someone who is not a "love you at all costs Smith KA drinker", this was a great article, and wouldn't it be great if he does finally succeed in a big way for our Niners??!!
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
As someone who is not a "love you at all costs Smith KA drinker", this was a great article, and wouldn't it be great if he does finally succeed in a big way for our Niners??!!

On many levels, that would be very great.

The 49ers mismanaged him early in his career and going from one system to another. What, five OCs in five years? I would love to see him succeed and become the next Joe Montana!
If the O-line plays like they did against the Colts he will have an opportunity.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

"hardened by pain that has been physical, mental and emotional"

word.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by matt49er:
The Kid has been through alot in his career. Nolan did an absolutely terrible job of managing him in his 1st 4 years. He's still very young what 25? If this continues to work out and we find our franchise QB in Smith that would be one of the great feel good stories of football.

If he turns out to be 85% of what we want him to be for the next 7-8 years, I'm with that! He's just 1 man on the team, there's other positions that have responsibility too. He'd be way more than serviceable.
Love the article, the positiveness, hope we can keep improving. Alex definetely looks like a new man and looking at our schdule, we can hopefully win 6-7 games. I'. so damn wasted right now go 9ers!
Share 49ersWebzone