LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

New ESPN Article on Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What does not destroy us, makes us stronger.

Perhaps that was Nolan's plan all along!
I am rooting for Smith thats for sure. I thought he was ruined/damaged goods. Hopefully he continues to prove me wrong. This is crow I will gladly eat...
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
What does not destroy us, makes us stronger.

Perhaps that was Nolan's plan all along!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Good article, hope the kid lives up to his potential.
Great read!
Originally posted by WINiner:
I am rooting for Smith thats for sure. I thought he was ruined/damaged goods. Hopefully he continues to prove me wrong. This is crow I will gladly eat...

I like your attitude. We all want to see the 49ers do well. It's huge for the team if Alex proves he can play. You certainly aren't the only one who thought Alex was finished. We'll know for sure in the next two months.
yes, because this needed its own thread
Another good read from Sando. I hope Alex Smith keeps doing well and gets that first TD pass to Crabtree.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Another good read from Sando. I hope Alex Smith keeps doing well and gets that first TD pass to Crabtree.

It was actually written by Jeffri Chadiha, not the usual NFC West columnist, Mike Sando. I found it to be a pretty neat article since it seems to have been written from an outsider's perspective.

[ Edited by Psinex on Nov 7, 2009 at 08:26:57 ]
Could he eventually have a cinderella stor like dew brees? I mean, the guy was headed out, got a surgery and recovered quiite nicely. It would be nice if AS panned out the same way...

Great story. I think most of us have had to go through some adversity in our lives and I think you'll all agree that it wasn't fun.

It's great to see Alex work his way back and improve every week. He didn't whine and blame other people [like Nowin who was a bum for us] but instead he put his nose to the grindstone and worked. He has great depth of character. Put yourself in his shoes - every newspaper, TV & radio commentator and most of the fans said he was a BUST yet he didn't run, hide or quit! I hope he is a star for us for a very long time.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Great story. I think most of us have had to go through some adversity in our lives and I think you'll all agree that it wasn't fun.

It's great to see Alex work his way back and improve every week. He didn't whine and blame other people [like Nowin who was a bum for us] but instead he put his nose to the grindstone and worked. He has great depth of character. Put yourself in his shoes - every newspaper, TV & radio commentator and most of the fans said he was a BUST yet he didn't run, hide or quit! I hope he is a star for us for a very long time.

Yes. Not a very Ryan Leafish way to conduct himself was it? If Alex progresses the way it looks like he might, the Niners will be in very good hands at the QB position for a long time to come.
Originally posted by billybonka:
yes, because this needed its own thread

And you have a right to your opinion Billy, and I am surely not one to say otherwise, but the mods seem to think otherwise. You surely did not have to read it if you didn't think it was worthwhile. But it is a very well written article by one of the better writers that ESPN employs. I know you are all against Smith getting due credit for all the hard work and perseverance to maintain his confidence under the trying circumstances, but you are in the minority. Most of us are happy the kid is coming around, even some of the ones that didn't care much for the draft pick realize that this is what is best for the team.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by fzrdave:

It was actually written by Jeffri Chadiha, not the usual NFC West columnist, Mike Sando. I found it to be a pretty neat article since it seems to have been written from an outsider's perspective.

Doh, I saw Sando's picture on the side and I just assumed. My Bad.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I for one wrote him off as a total bust when he failed to beat out Hill. He surprised me by his play in the last two games. I hope he does turn into something good.
Share 49ersWebzone