LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

New ESPN Article on Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
I for one wrote him off as a total bust when he failed to beat out Hill. He surprised me by his play in the last two games. I hope he does turn into something good.

Singletary was basically in a position that he HAD to name Hill the starter in training camp unless Alex was throwing a TD on every drive in the preseason. Unfortunately, Alex was getting stuck with the 3rd and 4th string receivers and his favorite target, Brandon Jones, went down before the 1st preseason game.

I was really surprised that they didn't work Jones more into the Indy game. I guess I shouldn't have been, given how they hold down natural speed for "earned playing time", which all seemed to go out the window with Crabtree.
MEH....

Must've been precious little to write about for ESPN to focus on a 3-4 team and a proven bust like Alex Smith...
Originally posted by billbird2111:
MEH....

Must've been precious little to write about for ESPN to focus on a 3-4 team and a proven bust like Alex Smith...

Dude...

Originally posted by Psinex:
MEH....

MEH....

MEH....

Is that you Glenn Beck?
  • stewama
  • Info N/A
MEH....

Yeah, there isn't much going on with Yankee mania, the start of the NBA season, and the BCS heating up. It's a good thing Alex Smith was there to cover up the lull in sports news.

Very insightful.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
That was a really good article. Regardless of what happens, I admire Smith's perseverance and work ethic.

same here...
NEXT YEAR, I GUARANTEE HE SIGNS A BIG ASS EXTENSION.
I just hope he can b our starter for years to come. So we can draft o-line to give him the protection hes never had. We have weapons we have D get an oline and we should have our franchise qb for a while

Originally posted by stewama:
MEH....

Yeah, there isn't much going on with Yankee mania, the start of the NBA season, and the BCS heating up. It's a good thing Alex Smith was there to cover up the lull in sports news.

Very insightful.

He loves to flex his mental muscle.
Originally posted by BHulman:
MEH....

Is that you Glenn Beck?

No itz Ryan Leaf
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
MEH....

Is that you Glenn Beck?

No itz Ryan Leaf

POTD!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
MEH....

Is that you Glenn Beck?

No itz Ryan Leaf

POTD!

Just don't understand these guys. I'm no Smith hater or lover. Its just dumb to post crap like that though. Makes no conceivable sense.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
MEH....

Is that you Glenn Beck?

No itz Ryan Leaf

POTD!

Just don't understand these guys. I'm no Smith hater or lover. Its just dumb to post crap like that though. Makes no conceivable sense.

Maybe he is piss drunk and depressed? He's been posting a lot of negativity today.
Share 49ersWebzone