There are 192 users in the forums

Make it short & sweet.. A.Smith and 2 top receiving projections v.s Indy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Only way we win is if Manning, Wayne, Freeny and Mathis all pull a hammy and cant play lol

No way we will win this one without Q1 injuries
If Smith can get 1st downs.

He needs 5 yards per 1st down. And short yardage 3rd downs. Or even better, skip 3rd downs by converting on 2nd downs. :)
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by TX9R:
You guys are freaking nuts. "Look who the Colts played", really, what about the last decade of performance? If you haven't noticed, we're one of those types of lower tier teams, we beat some NFC west teams, so has everyone else. Peyton is a machine right now, you really think he's going to just have a bad game, at home, against our non existent pass rush? Schaub passed up the middle all day with his crappy Oline, somehow the Colts and Clark are going to do worse? I wish I could share the optimism here, but this is going to be ugly.

Agreed. Sometimes the rose-colored fan glasses people where is so strange. I'm not saying it is impossible that the Niners could pull out a win, but it is highly unlikely.

What is the combined record of teams the Niners have beaten? 6-13 The Niners have only beaten people in the weak West, and before the Cardinals found their identity this season.

I respect what you guys are saying, but why can't we drink Kool-aid and what does that have to do with your own feelings on the game...so we have differences in opinion, one centered and grounded in just facts and another in possibilities.

That's cool, to each their own. One is not worse than the other and some fans are more optimistic than others even blindly at times, you know like me.

Still, your points are very valid. Given just one fact in that Peyton is their QB, leaves a lingering "What, are you nuts!" in those minds that promote a win in this game...we know we are going up against the best QB in the NFL, period.

Ok given so we just say we are going to lose. Hmmmm...no thanks. Instead, I think we do have some hope than we did after the first half of the Texans game. I believe that in one half, Alex Smith showed that he can run the offense, make the throw, run when he has to, have a "GET OFF ME!!!" escapism, and simply drive the offense down the field...I like the passes to Crabtree! Yes, one half gives a glimpse.

Will this glimpse, be enough and most like yourselves believe not. I do. Why? I saw the Jimmy "I am going to call three runs and punt" Raye change his entire philosophy to the game and went spread...S-P-R-E-A-D. Whoa! What if he comes out like that and opens up the playbook to start with the pass for the run. Raye now has the players to do it. It would certainly make Indy's D think on the first play of the game.

To me that is a huge key: "How will Raye call this game!" The second huge key is how will Manusky apply pressure to Manning and can he. What has worked against Peyton before...hmmmm...The Patriot's 3-4 D, many times? I know, I know we are not the Patriot's D especially at talent level. Nonetheless, the scheme can work. I think we blitz more, but that is just me.

The last and most important point for me as well as most of you is our OL. They have to get up to speed this week as quickly as possible especially at that right side.

I expect us to come out passing, but hey, who am I, but a Kool-Aid drinker.

Go 49ers!
Yeah, that really surprised me. Didn't think we had anything like that in our playbook.
This topic reminds me of a bad Black Eye Peas song.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by DJD:
OUR FORMULA IS THIS..
WE GO OUT.. THREE AND OUT

i had that same strange feeling when they played the falcons and texans......so im now gonna think negatively so i can help turn the tide
Originally posted by cNiner:
whatever you are smoking , can you share with me !

I dont smoke, but that must be some good shhhhhh.....!!!!!

Hope Zilla's right!!!
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Oct 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM ]
You guys are freaking nuts. "Look who the Colts played", really, what about the last decade of performance? If you haven't noticed, we're one of those types of lower tier teams, we beat some NFC west teams, so has everyone else. Peyton is a machine right now, you really think he's going to just have a bad game, at home, against our non existent pass rush? Schaub passed up the middle all day with his crappy Oline, somehow the Colts and Clark are going to do worse? I wish I could share the optimism here, but this is going to be ugly.

Agreed. Sometimes the rose-colored fan glasses people where is so strange. I'm not saying it is impossible that the Niners could pull out a win, but it is highly unlikely.

What is the combined record of teams the Niners have beaten? 6-13 The Niners have only beaten people in the weak West, and before the Cardinals found their identity this season.

Heyy I'm not wearing any rose-colored glasses . I still think these Niners are a 5-11 team. I'm just saying, I have a strange feeling one of those wins will be a fluke over Indy.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Heyy I'm not wearing any rose-colored glasses . I still think these Niners are a 5-11 team. I'm just saying, I have a strange feeling one of those wins will be a fluke over Indy.

5-11? You are right they are not rose colored at all. They are black as night!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I had a strange feeling once. Turned out to be Chlamydia.

I told you I would wear a rubber but noooooooo you said you didn't want me to. It is your own fault

Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by DJD:
OUR FORMULA IS THIS..
WE GO OUT.. THREE AND OUT

Only way we win is if someone "Billy Blanks" Manning a la The Last Boyscout.

But I'd love to be wrong.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM ]
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I don't know where it's coming from, or why...but it's just one of those wierd times where I think the 49ers are going to come to town and just stump us all. Funny thing is, I still don't think we're even going to make the playoffs. Somehow, somewhy though, I can't shake the feeling we're going to pull off a hillarious upset......

well i'd rather take a loss and get into the playoffs since were the 9ers and we haven't been there in a while......
so getting to the playoffs or even the championship wouldn't hurt lol
Share 49ersWebzone