LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Make it short & sweet.. A.Smith and 2 top receiving projections v.s Indy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
We can win this game, we just need to play with 0 mistakes.

we really need to clean up our play!!! Brain farts have been hurting us a lot lately!!
Lots of folks are painting the Colts into being some kind of juggernaut. If we look at their undefeated record to date, we will see that their victories have come against teams with a combined won/loss record of 11-26! Their last two wins were against teams without a single victory. The average NFL defensive ranking of teams they have played - 20th. I am not saying we will win the game, but we should be competitive and credible if our DB's and OL have an above average game.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Indigestion?

We can do it if we convert third downs with MC and keep the D fresh and aggressive all day hounding Manning.

They're not supposed to lose to us--I hope they are looking beyond our game and get shocked!

The O line played etter in the second half against houston ecause alex was moving around and getting plays off. If he plays like that, we can keep our D sharp and rested.
I think if we score more points than the Colts do, we will win.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I think if we score more points than the Colts do, we will win.

That is so crazy that it just might work.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
I read that Alex was actually getting rid of the ball a fraction of a second quicker than Hill and that he made only two poor throws in more attempts versus four poor throws for Hill. With Crabtree having sticky hands and catching Smith's harder thrown balls on short routes maybe we'll be okay. Maybe Crabtree will break a couple for longer gains which is what he's known for. Indy's D will be much tougher than Houston's. If the offense and defense play anything like they did in the second half in Houston we might be in it. Assuming we can catch and tackle on special teams.
Originally posted by SDDAVE:
Lots of folks are painting the Colts into being some kind of juggernaut. If we look at their undefeated record to date, we will see that their victories have come against teams with a combined won/loss record of 11-26! Their last two wins were against teams without a single victory. The average NFL defensive ranking of teams they have played - 20th. I am not saying we will win the game, but we should be competitive and credible if our DB's and OL have an above average game.

You're right that the Colts have not beaten any good teams this year. The problem is that the teams the Niners have beaten are not that great either.
Originally posted by SDDAVE:

Combined 11-26?! Whoa...I think we do have a chance. Other than the blowout loss to the Falcons, our other two losses were very close.

Before I said we had ZERO chance vs. Colts. Now I give us 10% chance to win w/ Smith, Crabtree and Gore ready to go. Not much improvement, but I have a little more hope than before. Good first post.
i'd be the loudest most obnoxious b*****d in the bar if alex smith went beast mode on the colts....i hate being surrounded by vikings and packers fans when they're winning
I had a feeling we would lose to the Texans. I feel more optimistic about this Sunday.

Only way we win is if Manning, Wayne, Freeny and Mathis all pull a hammy and cant play lol
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
You guys are freaking nuts. "Look who the Colts played", really, what about the last decade of performance? If you haven't noticed, we're one of those types of lower tier teams, we beat some NFC west teams, so has everyone else. Peyton is a machine right now, you really think he's going to just have a bad game, at home, against our non existent pass rush? Schaub passed up the middle all day with his crappy Oline, somehow the Colts and Clark are going to do worse? I wish I could share the optimism here, but this is going to be ugly.
yea, in case you haven't noticed, that payton guy is pretty f'n good.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
OUR FORMULA IS THIS..
WE GO OUT..
WE DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO WIN!!..
3 RECEIVER SETS, 4 RECEIVER SETS, 5 RECEIVER SETS!!
AND WE ARE GONNA RUN THE FOOTBALL!!

I like this new free wheeling O mind set!! I am not going to make any predictions as to how well this brand of 49ers football can do, who they can beat. But I will say this I'm going to do as coach Sing told me and "JUST WATCH" can't flippen wait!!
[ Edited by DJD on Oct 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM ]
If we keep Crabtree away from Sanders(21), we should be O.K.
Share 49ersWebzone