LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

Looking back, Crabtree or an Offensive Lineman?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now that we've finally seen Crabtree on the field, do you think we should have gone for an offensive lineman, possibly Oher, instead of Crabs? I know our OL has absolutely no depth and is already going into shambles, but there is no f**king way I would have passed on Crabtree after watching his game. There's always top Offensive Lineman every draft, but there's never been a freshman Biletnikoff Award winner, let alone a 2 time winner. I think the guy's legit, and even with the hold out I'm very happy we have him locked on our squad for 5 or 6 years.
It's still too early to tell, but if Crabtree is as good as advertised and can continue to improve, he's the pick.

Even though our oline is terrible and Oher could have really helped, you have to look at the pick long term. And I think Crabtree (long-term and maybe even short-term) is the better selection.
  • Mex49
What holdout?

Did you see the gloves on that kid the other day?

Case CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OTC posted an old article in the draft war room about Scotty Mac basically saying Crabtree was who he wanted before the draft. I think Crabtree will be very special
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Hell no! But if you asked me 3 weeks ago I would have said Hell Yes.
We can get lineman in the 2010 draft. Crab was a steal.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Best hands in the league. Yeah i said it end of discussion
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

he makes that ball look junior sized
Originally posted by teeohh:
OTC posted an old article in the draft war room about Scotty Mac basically saying Crabtree was who he wanted before the draft. I think Crabtree will be very special

It was reported by MM (I think - it might have been Barrows) that the organization felt that they thought that Crabtree was going to end up being the best player from this draft. If that was the case, it was a no-brainer. He is already showing glimpses of being something real special. Niners have two firsts next year to address the O-Line.

Crab for sure. Oher was the other guy I wanted though. We still could've went OT in the 2nd, or traded for one like Philly traded for Peters, or signed one in FA. We actually did get one in FA(Marv Smith), he just retired on us. Should've gotten someone else in FA but oh well.
Crabtree!
I'm in love with Crabtree.
I love Crabtree, but our OL is creating a situation where we cannot win any more games...while the passing game might be better, we cannot run for sh*t...
I'm glad we grabbed Crabtree, but Michael Oher is looking like a steal at #23
Share 49ersWebzone