There are 266 users in the forums

49ers sign Chris Patrick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who knows if he's going to be any good, but I can't too excited about signing someone from the Chiefs practice squad. I mean, if he's not good enough to crack the Chiefs lineup, then how good can he be. Nonetheless, I'll keep an open mind and hope he does great.
Very good interview before the Supplemental draft.

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/chrispatrick070002.html

He says he has never been lighter than 296 but plays at about 305 to 310.
I hope he can make a positive impact. Looks like Sims is the starter again.
Just because Chris Patrick is listed at 280 doesn't mean he's currently 280. Let's see what he officially comes in at. If he's below 300, he could be used as a short yardage third tight end.

A little background on the guy: Recruited out of High School as a defensive end and converted to offensive tackle as a sophomore after his freshman (red shirt) season. Has the size and speed to play at the next level, lacks technique and experience on the offensive line.
Let's hope something works out here.
Lets hope we get a Harvey Dahl (am i think of the right guy?), a diamond from somebody's practice squad. I mean we have been crap for the last decade and the falcons still picked that guy off our PS... so there is a precedent, hopefully.
...you can get your ass kicked, worse than them little Limp Bizkit b*****ds...
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I hope he can make a positive impact. Looks like Sims is the starter again.

game is so f**kin over with this guy starting. freeney and or mathis are gonna own sims. R.I.P. alex smith and just when i thought you was gonna resurrect your career
Originally posted by 5280High:
Lets hope we get a Harvey Dahl (am i think of the right guy?), a diamond from somebody's practice squad. I mean we have been crap for the last decade and the falcons still picked that guy off our PS... so there is a precedent, hopefully.

Completely agree. You just never know what can happen.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Just because Chris Patrick is listed at 280 doesn't mean he's currently 280. Let's see what he officially comes in at. If he's below 300, he could be used as a short yardage third tight end.

A little background on the guy: Recruited out of High School as a defensive end and converted to offensive tackle as a sophomore after his freshman (red shirt) season. Has the size and speed to play at the next level, lacks technique and experience on the offensive line.

The only way this kid steps up for us is if the ghost of Bobb McKittrick haunts him day and night with advice, because we all know that our current OL coach ain't s**t with coaching up players.

Originally posted by dald1:
if he cant make the chiefs offensive line then he is doomed...the only o-line worse then the niners is the chiefs...

Exactly!
What happened to Wragge? He is a RG right? I bet he can play the position better than Rachal.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ramp19Stoner:
Originally posted by dald1:
if he cant make the chiefs offensive line then he is doomed...the only o-line worse then the niners is the chiefs...

Exactly!

Kyle Koiser in 2004 and Harvey Dahl in 2006 couldn't make our O-line and we had the worst in the league. Those two are 5 times the players then what we have at Guard and RT.
The Niners are the Graveyard for Right Tackles!!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Hopefully the guys technqiue is awesome.

Hopefully this will teach management to draft a freakin RT when we don't have any on the roster during the offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone