There are 92 users in the forums

Fire GM Scott McClueless a.s.a.p.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Fire GM Scott McClueless a.s.a.p.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
This mother f**ker needs to be fired ASAP. Bring in Holmgren to run the show, and clean house.

I don't think Holmgren is good at running a draft. he is good at managing a coach and selecting free agents. He needs someone like McCloughan at his side to watch tape and run the draft.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by susweel:
This mother f**ker needs to be fired ASAP. Bring in Holmgren to run the show, and clean house.

I don't think Holmgren is good at running a draft. he is good at managing a coach and selecting free agents. He needs someone like McCloughan at his side to watch tape and run the draft.

A Holmgren/McC duo would be amazing. Imagine bringing in Holmgren in as Head of Football Operations with McC under him as the GM/Head of Scouting and Sing/other under him as HC. Holmgren has final say on moves but has McC there for the Draft. A while back there was an article that quoted Holmgren as saying that McC was an up and coming GM so I think he would respect what the kid has to say.

Of course this would never happen but it'd be pretty cool.
Originally posted by Overkill:
I'd love to get Holmgren back as our coach or OC. But he wasn't a great GM in Seattle the first time around.

Wrong he brought in all the players the Seahawks won with he just got overwhelmed trying to do both jobs - It is impossible to do both jobs he would be fine in one roll or the other.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
McCloughan doesn't make it past this season and he shouldn't.

Jed doesn't have the balls to fire him and wouldn't know where to go from there if he did.

I said this in another thread - was trying to avoid saying it again in hopes it would not be so true..

He fricking cried when he fired moron Nowin - i miss Eddie SOOOO much
Why are people blaming the GM? He's not calling the plays or deciding what offense to run. If people who know anything about football would watch this team they would see the talent playing on Sundays. On offense, there are three young WR's who if given the chance could break out and have big numbers (Morgan, Crabtree, Hill). There are two TE's, one who is about to become a great TE and another who hasn't gotten enough touches but when he does has very good hands and can make plays. And there's a running back who is about to rush for his fourth 1,000 yard season in a row. On defense, the line is very good and has young talent and the best MLB in football. Is there room for improvement, yes. But to have done all this in four years is very good. The OC is at fault for not opening up the offense to use all the weapons the 49ers have, its not a personnel problem. And to those who want Holmgren, why? What did he do as Seattle's personnel man, not much of anything. Give it a rest already.
Originally posted by steiber:
Why are people blaming the GM? He's not calling the plays or deciding what offense to run. If people who know anything about football would watch this team they would see the talent playing on Sundays. On offense, there are three young WR's who if given the chance could break out and have big numbers (Morgan, Crabtree, Hill). There are two TE's, one who is about to become a great TE and another who hasn't gotten enough touches but when he does has very good hands and can make plays. And there's a running back who is about to rush for his fourth 1,000 yard season in a row. On defense, the line is very good and has young talent and the best MLB in football. Is there room for improvement, yes. But to have done all this in four years is very good. The OC is at fault for not opening up the offense to use all the weapons the 49ers have, its not a personnel problem. And to those who want Holmgren, why? What did he do as Seattle's personnel man, not much of anything. Give it a rest already.

Dude 1,000 yards don't mean nothing no more. QB, OL, OLB & S have been an issue for years and still has not been addressed that falls on the GM sorry he ain't cutting it. We are not winning games if we were then we wouldn't want him fired easy as that. That's not including the terrible free agent signing he has gotten that have not produced as well give extensions to guys that don't produce as well. Terrible GM.
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Nov 23, 2009 at 11:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Dude 1,000 yards don't mean nothing no more. QB, OL, OLB & S have been an issue for years and still has not been addressed that falls on the GM sorry he ain't cutting it. We are not winning games if we were then we wouldn't want him fired easy as that. That's not including the terrible free agent signing he has gotten that have not produced as well give extensions to guys that don't produce as well. Terrible GM.

This isn't fantasy ball where you can draft good players every time. If you look overall at this team talent wise you would see how far they have come. Is there still work to be done, yes, but in the next two drafts those issues will be taken care of. To have done the job he has done is four years is really saying something. Right now we need more consistent QB play and a better OC and things will look different.

This isn't fantasy ball where you can draft good players every time. If you look overall at this team talent wise you would see how far they have come. Is there still work to be done, yes, but in the next two drafts those issues will be taken care of. To have done the job he has done is four years is really saying something. Right now we need more consistent QB play and a better OC and things will look different.

Well unfortunately if your team is not a success and the players are not producing which you pick or sign during free agency then you gotta take the blame its just being realistic. Now if you wanna continue to lose then just bring back Nolan.
The NFL is a high-turnover career. Players get too old and suffer career-ending injuries with great frequency. McC has presided over the equivalent of six drafts (when considering the extra draft choices).

While we can point out a "few" holes he still needs to fill, it is much worse than that. While we are waiting, time is ticking on a number of our good players. It won't be long before Nedney, Gore, Clements, Heitman, etc will no longer be the players they once were.

So, by the time we draft and fill the obvious holes, new holes will have suddenly opened up. McC has just missed on far too many of his draftee and FA choices. Are franchise will not thrive under him.
Espn reported that Holmgren turned down Bills job and has an eye on one Front office job?

Possibly the 49ers! Whooooo Nelly!

Espn reported that Holmgren turned down Bills job and has an eye on one Front office job?

Possibly the 49ers! Whooooo Nelly!

Its the seachickens...
Should of Listened to me! What can I say!
Should of Listened to me! What can I say!

+1
McClueless! You're Fired! Go back to Seattle! You Suck!!
My vote would be wait until after the season or after the draft to shake things up. So yes I think we can do better but I would have waited.
Share 49ersWebzone