There are 272 users in the forums

Fire GM Scott McClueless a.s.a.p.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Fire GM Scott McClueless a.s.a.p.

Holmgren interested in running Seahawks as GM we need to get rid of our GM a.s.a.p. and send him to Seattle where he came from. There is no way in heck we should allow Holmgren to go back to Seattle we need him more. MuClueless has done nothing but done terrible decisions in my opinion.

Bring back Holmgren!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Holmgren-interested-in-running-Seahawks;_ylt=AuvPkHC.Fcaw722iXlAmVxRDubYF?urn=nfl,198158
Holmgren doesn't have a clue on how to be a GM
I'd love to get Holmgren back as our coach or OC. But he wasn't a great GM in Seattle the first time around.
Yeah man he sucked as a GM.
Seriously?
I respect your opinion, but at the end of the day, it's just your opinion.
Why don't you list McCloughan's draft record (4 years) and then you list Holmgren's last 4 years where he was in charge of the draft. Then let's compare and discuss.

The only GM's I would replace Scott with are Ozzie Newsome and Bill Polian. I have seen the recent drafts of Bellichek and Parcells and I think they are so overrated.
[ Edited by kronik on Oct 26, 2009 at 1:42 PM ]
I would love to know what makes you think that Holmgren will be the answer for this team. It certainly cant be because of the success he had in Seattle as GM. His record was horrible as were his decisions on free agents and the draft.

I would pass on Holmgren for GM. Now.. if I had a head coaching position open that would be a different story.
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
I respect your opinion, but at the end of the day, it's just your opinion.

Originally posted by kronik:
Why don't you list McCloughan's draft record (4 years) and then you list Holmgren's last 4 years where he was in charge of the draft. Then let's compare and discuss.

The only GM's I would replace Scott with are Ozzie Newsome and Bill Polian. I have seen the recent drafts of Bellichek and Parcells and I think they are so overrated.

I think thats pretty hard to do given the fact that he wasnt GM until 2008 and you simply do not know if it was Nolan or him making the final call on the picks up until that time. I tend to think Mike Noplan ultimatley decided. I will say his 2008 draft was just horrible. I think he did a good job this past year though.

Not this thread again. Every year is the same thing. This roster has much more talent on it now than it did when he arrived.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would love to know what makes you think that Holmgren will be the answer for this team. It certainly cant be because of the success he had in Seattle as GM. His record was horrible as were his decisions on free agents and the draft.

I would pass on Holmgren for GM. Now.. if I had a head coaching position open that would be a different story.

Just because having to concentrate on one job not two or three like he had may have been too overwhelming for him to handle. I just would trust Holmgren more with decisions than McClueless. I would love for the 49ers in giving him a chance and show what he can do cause in reality we can't get any worse than what we are now. Would you agree? I mean our team has been mediocre for years and McClueless has not shown anything as well.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:
Holmgren doesn't have a clue on how to be a GM
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by kronik:

I think thats pretty hard to do given the fact that he wasnt GM until 2008 and you simply do not know if it was Nolan or him making the final call on the picks up until that time. I tend to think Mike Noplan ultimatley decided. I will say his 2008 draft was just horrible. I think he did a good job this past year though.

I don't agree with that at all. If Nolan had final say before 2008, we would have drafted Dwayne Bowe instead of Patrick Willis in 2007. This proved Scott had final say. It was also Scott's decision to trade our 1st round pick in 2008 to draft Staley in 2007. Alex Smith was also Scott's pick in 2005. As for VD and Manny in 2006, I'm not sure if these were Scotty or Nolan's. Probably both because they were both high on them.

I believe Nolan had a lot of input, but I believe Scott had final say.
[ Edited by kronik on Oct 26, 2009 at 1:50 PM ]
How's that gas oven working for you.

When I was in the military we had a term for people who performed like Holmgren during his stint as GM. It was ROAD or Retired on active duty.
Share 49ersWebzone